U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
uwb09

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby uwb09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 am

ugh, the more they put off my app giving me more time to obsess over them and do research and what not, the more I think USD might be my top choice (minus a miracle acceptance at UCLA)

now im gonna be even more upset if they ding me lol

sundaynightdelite

Postby sundaynightdelite » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 am

Veritas wrote:Hey, if anyone else is interested in meeting up, send me a PM!

I'll be doing the panel, try and guess which one I am!

>insert witty name<

Postby >insert witty name< » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:17 pm

so, has anyone heard anything recently regarding scholarships??

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I just got an acceptance letter today that also gave me a $25,000/year Faculty Honors Scholarship!

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:35 pm

musicfor18 wrote:I just got an acceptance letter today that also gave me a $25,000/year Faculty Honors Scholarship!

I want one :oops:

erico

Postby erico » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:I just got an acceptance letter today that also gave me a $25,000/year Faculty Honors Scholarship!

I want one :oops:

+1 Did you fill out your FAFSA early on? I just submitted mine a few weeks ago.

superflush

Postby superflush » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:51 pm

The FAFSA shouldn't have any bearing on merit scholarships

erico

Postby erico » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:00 pm

superflush wrote:The FAFSA shouldn't have any bearing on merit scholarships

shouldn't or doesn't? joking. yeah, i guess i was confused/mistaken.

bananaslug

Postby bananaslug » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:05 pm

potential students attending the March 1st admit day: Did you guys receive an email from USD a couple of days ago? There was a case attached to the email and apparently we're suppose to read over and come to the mock class prepared. Well can someone please send me the attachment. I deleted the email on accident...

swiard

Postby swiard » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Application Question. I apologize in advance for the length.

So I applied to USD on January 4th. My LSDAS report date was January 7th. On January 16th, USD emailed me saying there was an error with my report and that I didn't have enough semester hours to apply.

Because I am graduating a year early from undergrad and didn't submit my fall grades when applying, I thought I just came up short because I am taking a heavier course load this quarter and was not technically a senior by units when applying. USD is the only school that told me I didn't have enough units to apply, but I sent my Fall grades to LSAC and upon their review they realized they forgot to include an entire quarter of grades in my initial report. They made a new report to include my fall grades and the absent quarter and the new report was sent to all the schools to which I applied. The report date for this report was January 28th.

As of today, I still have yet to go complete. Should I be concerned? I called USD and they said it would take some time for them to process all of their pending LSDAS reports, but after they responded so quickly to tell me I was short on units the first time (9 days), I am starting to feel like I should have gone complete by now (almost 1 month later).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And again, sorry for the long post.

GrayArea

Postby GrayArea » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 pm

So what is everyone going to wear on Monday? I am so tempted to wear one of my shirts from thinkGeek or a web comic, since thats what I wear almost every day but I feel like that might be a bit to causal. Also I might want to wait til a little after ASD to totally out myself as a gamer. In the end I think I will settle for something a little dressier.

Also

bananaslug wrote:potential students attending the March 1st admit day: Did you guys receive an email from USD a couple of days ago? There was a case attached to the email and apparently we're suppose to read over and come to the mock class prepared. Well can someone please send me the attachment. I deleted the email on accident...

Here is the link to the PDF

http://www.sandiego.edu/law/news/calend ... ocus=35629

If you need any other info from the email just PM me and I can forward the whole email to you.

>insert witty name<

Postby >insert witty name< » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:19 pm

GrayArea wrote:So what is everyone going to wear on Monday? I am so tempted to wear one of my shirts from thinkGeek or a web comic, since thats what I wear almost every day but I feel like that might be a bit to causal. Also I might want to wait til a little after ASD to totally out myself as a gamer. In the end I think I will settle for something a little dressier.

Also

bananaslug wrote:potential students attending the March 1st admit day: Did you guys receive an email from USD a couple of days ago? There was a case attached to the email and apparently we're suppose to read over and come to the mock class prepared. Well can someone please send me the attachment. I deleted the email on accident...

If you need any other info from the email just PM me and I can forward the whole email to you.

I was wondering the same thing about the level of dress, i'm assuming it's along the lines of smart casual...

also, has anyone read that case yet?? i read through it once and it was pretty much greek to me. i think i'll need to go through it a couple more times just to decipher the all of the legal jargon!

fcowrx

Postby fcowrx » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

I was awarded a $22,000/year grant (renewable provided I maintain financial need). For those who have gotten the grant, is this completely separate from merit-based aid or is it like merit/need-based? Curious if I have a shot at getting any merit-based aid with my numbers, 162/3.5.

GrayArea

Postby GrayArea » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
I was wondering the same thing about the level of dress, i'm assuming it's along the lines of smart casual...

also, has anyone read that case yet?? i read through it once and it was pretty much greek to me. i think i'll need to go through it a couple more times just to decipher the all of the legal jargon!

I have. I took a ConLaw class at my undergrad last year so I have had to brief classes before. Read it a couple time, and it will start to make sense. If you get super lost send me a PM. I just got back from driving down to USD to make sure I could find the place, lol. I am a SD native but go to school in the OC.

mango26

Postby mango26 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 pm

does anyone who visited usd from out of state have any advice for visiting? good hotel to stay at, etc. i'm last minute planning a trip to california next week and i am looking for any advice about visiting usd.
i think they are on spring break, but hopefully i'll still be able to get a good feel for the campus, etc.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 am

>insert witty name< wrote:
GrayArea wrote:So what is everyone going to wear on Monday? I am so tempted to wear one of my shirts from thinkGeek or a web comic, since thats what I wear almost every day but I feel like that might be a bit to causal. Also I might want to wait til a little after ASD to totally out myself as a gamer. In the end I think I will settle for something a little dressier.

Also

I'm wearing jeans/tshirt/sandals. It is the California way of life down here in SoCal.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 am

Just left the USD campus (two of my cousins have UG there) still probably one of the most amazing campuses I've visited.

sundaynightdelite

Postby sundaynightdelite » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:37 am

fcowrx wrote:I was awarded a $22,000/year grant (renewable provided I maintain financial need). For those who have gotten the grant, is this completely separate from merit-based aid or is it like merit/need-based? Curious if I have a shot at getting any merit-based aid with my numbers, 162/3.5.

As far as I know, they're separate, no one gets both. I think of the grant as merit-based, because they won't just give it to anyone. It's also tied in with financial need which allows to it be renewable.

I have this and it's quite a load off my back to not have to be top third of the class every year, although that's certainly the goal, right?

bananaslug

Postby bananaslug » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 am

I got a 23k grant from USD and I don't know how. My 161 and 3.39 (3.86) makes me believe it's not merit based. Additionally, I got this offer before submitting FAFSA and I've never received financial aid. Ehhh...totally appreciate it though

Anyway, thanks for the pdf link...I'm gonna start reading over it now before I have to wake up at 6 to drive to SD....BLAHHH

fcowrx

Postby fcowrx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:17 pm

sundaynightdelite wrote:
fcowrx wrote:I was awarded a $22,000/year grant (renewable provided I maintain financial need). For those who have gotten the grant, is this completely separate from merit-based aid or is it like merit/need-based? Curious if I have a shot at getting any merit-based aid with my numbers, 162/3.5.

As far as I know, they're separate, no one gets both. I think of the grant as merit-based, because they won't just give it to anyone. It's also tied in with financial need which allows to it be renewable.

I have this and it's quite a load off my back to not have to be top third of the class every year, although that's certainly the goal, right?

I agree about it being a merit/need-based grant. I'm certainly happy with the grant and the fact that it doesn't have any stipulations for renewal. Maintaining financial need is easy as an unemployed student with x amount of money in student loans lol.

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:42 pm

fcowrx wrote:
sundaynightdelite wrote:

I agree about it being a merit/need-based grant. I'm certainly happy with the grant and the fact that it doesn't have any stipulations for renewal. Maintaining financial need is easy as an unemployed student with x amount of money in student loans lol.

If I already recieved a merit based scholar offer, can or will i get something like this?

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:54 pm

I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say from admitted students day!

:-)

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm

I received acceptance letter that said something about "enclosed information sheet" in the last paragraph. There was, of course, no enclosed information sheet. Did anyone else get this?

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

I don't know, but it asks for USD Law School ID, and i haven't been admitted yet, so kinda hard to turn it in :?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”