U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby uwb09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 am

ugh, the more they put off my app giving me more time to obsess over them and do research and what not, the more I think USD might be my top choice (minus a miracle acceptance at UCLA)

now im gonna be even more upset if they ding me lol

sundaynightdelite
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sundaynightdelite » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 am

Veritas wrote:Hey, if anyone else is interested in meeting up, send me a PM!


I'll be doing the panel, try and guess which one I am!

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby >insert witty name< » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:17 pm

so, has anyone heard anything recently regarding scholarships??

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby musicfor18 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I just got an acceptance letter today that also gave me a $25,000/year Faculty Honors Scholarship!

User avatar
Charles Barkley
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Charles Barkley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:35 pm

musicfor18 wrote:I just got an acceptance letter today that also gave me a $25,000/year Faculty Honors Scholarship!

I want one :oops:

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:I just got an acceptance letter today that also gave me a $25,000/year Faculty Honors Scholarship!

I want one :oops:


+1 Did you fill out your FAFSA early on? I just submitted mine a few weeks ago.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby superflush » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:51 pm

The FAFSA shouldn't have any bearing on merit scholarships

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:00 pm

superflush wrote:The FAFSA shouldn't have any bearing on merit scholarships


shouldn't or doesn't? joking. yeah, i guess i was confused/mistaken.

bananaslug
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby bananaslug » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:05 pm

potential students attending the March 1st admit day: Did you guys receive an email from USD a couple of days ago? There was a case attached to the email and apparently we're suppose to read over and come to the mock class prepared. Well can someone please send me the attachment. I deleted the email on accident...

User avatar
swiard
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby swiard » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Application Question. I apologize in advance for the length.

So I applied to USD on January 4th. My LSDAS report date was January 7th. On January 16th, USD emailed me saying there was an error with my report and that I didn't have enough semester hours to apply.

Because I am graduating a year early from undergrad and didn't submit my fall grades when applying, I thought I just came up short because I am taking a heavier course load this quarter and was not technically a senior by units when applying. USD is the only school that told me I didn't have enough units to apply, but I sent my Fall grades to LSAC and upon their review they realized they forgot to include an entire quarter of grades in my initial report. They made a new report to include my fall grades and the absent quarter and the new report was sent to all the schools to which I applied. The report date for this report was January 28th.

As of today, I still have yet to go complete. Should I be concerned? I called USD and they said it would take some time for them to process all of their pending LSDAS reports, but after they responded so quickly to tell me I was short on units the first time (9 days), I am starting to feel like I should have gone complete by now (almost 1 month later).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And again, sorry for the long post.

GrayArea
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby GrayArea » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 pm

So what is everyone going to wear on Monday? I am so tempted to wear one of my shirts from thinkGeek or a web comic, since thats what I wear almost every day but I feel like that might be a bit to causal. Also I might want to wait til a little after ASD to totally out myself as a gamer. In the end I think I will settle for something a little dressier.

Also

bananaslug wrote:potential students attending the March 1st admit day: Did you guys receive an email from USD a couple of days ago? There was a case attached to the email and apparently we're suppose to read over and come to the mock class prepared. Well can someone please send me the attachment. I deleted the email on accident...


Here is the link to the PDF

http://www.sandiego.edu/law/news/calend ... ocus=35629

If you need any other info from the email just PM me and I can forward the whole email to you.

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby >insert witty name< » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:19 pm

GrayArea wrote:So what is everyone going to wear on Monday? I am so tempted to wear one of my shirts from thinkGeek or a web comic, since thats what I wear almost every day but I feel like that might be a bit to causal. Also I might want to wait til a little after ASD to totally out myself as a gamer. In the end I think I will settle for something a little dressier.

Also

bananaslug wrote:potential students attending the March 1st admit day: Did you guys receive an email from USD a couple of days ago? There was a case attached to the email and apparently we're suppose to read over and come to the mock class prepared. Well can someone please send me the attachment. I deleted the email on accident...


Here is the link to the PDF

http://www.sandiego.edu/law/news/calend ... ocus=35629

If you need any other info from the email just PM me and I can forward the whole email to you.



I was wondering the same thing about the level of dress, i'm assuming it's along the lines of smart casual...

also, has anyone read that case yet?? i read through it once and it was pretty much greek to me. i think i'll need to go through it a couple more times just to decipher the all of the legal jargon!

fcowrx
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby fcowrx » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

I was awarded a $22,000/year grant (renewable provided I maintain financial need). For those who have gotten the grant, is this completely separate from merit-based aid or is it like merit/need-based? Curious if I have a shot at getting any merit-based aid with my numbers, 162/3.5.

GrayArea
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby GrayArea » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
I was wondering the same thing about the level of dress, i'm assuming it's along the lines of smart casual...

also, has anyone read that case yet?? i read through it once and it was pretty much greek to me. i think i'll need to go through it a couple more times just to decipher the all of the legal jargon!


I have. I took a ConLaw class at my undergrad last year so I have had to brief classes before. Read it a couple time, and it will start to make sense. If you get super lost send me a PM. I just got back from driving down to USD to make sure I could find the place, lol. I am a SD native but go to school in the OC.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby mango26 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 pm

does anyone who visited usd from out of state have any advice for visiting? good hotel to stay at, etc. i'm last minute planning a trip to california next week and i am looking for any advice about visiting usd.
i think they are on spring break, but hopefully i'll still be able to get a good feel for the campus, etc.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 am

>insert witty name< wrote:
GrayArea wrote:So what is everyone going to wear on Monday? I am so tempted to wear one of my shirts from thinkGeek or a web comic, since thats what I wear almost every day but I feel like that might be a bit to causal. Also I might want to wait til a little after ASD to totally out myself as a gamer. In the end I think I will settle for something a little dressier.

Also

bananaslug wrote:potential students attending the March 1st admit day: Did you guys receive an email from USD a couple of days ago? There was a case attached to the email and apparently we're suppose to read over and come to the mock class prepared. Well can someone please send me the attachment. I deleted the email on accident...


Here is the link to the PDF

http://www.sandiego.edu/law/news/calend ... ocus=35629

If you need any other info from the email just PM me and I can forward the whole email to you.



I was wondering the same thing about the level of dress, i'm assuming it's along the lines of smart casual...

also, has anyone read that case yet?? i read through it once and it was pretty much greek to me. i think i'll need to go through it a couple more times just to decipher the all of the legal jargon!


I'm wearing jeans/tshirt/sandals. It is the California way of life down here in SoCal.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 am

Just left the USD campus (two of my cousins have UG there) still probably one of the most amazing campuses I've visited.

sundaynightdelite
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sundaynightdelite » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:37 am

fcowrx wrote:I was awarded a $22,000/year grant (renewable provided I maintain financial need). For those who have gotten the grant, is this completely separate from merit-based aid or is it like merit/need-based? Curious if I have a shot at getting any merit-based aid with my numbers, 162/3.5.


As far as I know, they're separate, no one gets both. I think of the grant as merit-based, because they won't just give it to anyone. It's also tied in with financial need which allows to it be renewable.

I have this and it's quite a load off my back to not have to be top third of the class every year, although that's certainly the goal, right?

bananaslug
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby bananaslug » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 am

I got a 23k grant from USD and I don't know how. My 161 and 3.39 (3.86) makes me believe it's not merit based. Additionally, I got this offer before submitting FAFSA and I've never received financial aid. Ehhh...totally appreciate it though

Anyway, thanks for the pdf link...I'm gonna start reading over it now before I have to wake up at 6 to drive to SD....BLAHHH

fcowrx
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby fcowrx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:17 pm

sundaynightdelite wrote:
fcowrx wrote:I was awarded a $22,000/year grant (renewable provided I maintain financial need). For those who have gotten the grant, is this completely separate from merit-based aid or is it like merit/need-based? Curious if I have a shot at getting any merit-based aid with my numbers, 162/3.5.


As far as I know, they're separate, no one gets both. I think of the grant as merit-based, because they won't just give it to anyone. It's also tied in with financial need which allows to it be renewable.

I have this and it's quite a load off my back to not have to be top third of the class every year, although that's certainly the goal, right?


I agree about it being a merit/need-based grant. I'm certainly happy with the grant and the fact that it doesn't have any stipulations for renewal. Maintaining financial need is easy as an unemployed student with x amount of money in student loans lol.

User avatar
eberl032
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby eberl032 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:42 pm

fcowrx wrote:
sundaynightdelite wrote:
fcowrx wrote:I was awarded a $22,000/year grant (renewable provided I maintain financial need). For those who have gotten the grant, is this completely separate from merit-based aid or is it like merit/need-based? Curious if I have a shot at getting any merit-based aid with my numbers, 162/3.5.


As far as I know, they're separate, no one gets both. I think of the grant as merit-based, because they won't just give it to anyone. It's also tied in with financial need which allows to it be renewable.

I have this and it's quite a load off my back to not have to be top third of the class every year, although that's certainly the goal, right?


I agree about it being a merit/need-based grant. I'm certainly happy with the grant and the fact that it doesn't have any stipulations for renewal. Maintaining financial need is easy as an unemployed student with x amount of money in student loans lol.


If I already recieved a merit based scholar offer, can or will i get something like this?

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:54 pm

I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say from admitted students day!

:-)

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm

I received acceptance letter that said something about "enclosed information sheet" in the last paragraph. There was, of course, no enclosed information sheet. Did anyone else get this?

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby uwb09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:Does anyone know when the USD Financial Aid form is due?

I don't know, but it asks for USD Law School ID, and i haven't been admitted yet, so kinda hard to turn it in :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], premalone, taxman14 and 17 guests