U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:00 pm

SCU's IP program sounds pretty good, but out of all of the school descriptions I have read on TLS, SCU is the only one that mentions absolutely nothing about employment. No statistics and/or descriptive words "easy to find" "no problem securing" etc.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Inygma wrote:SCU's IP program sounds pretty good, but out of all of the school descriptions I have read on TLS, SCU is the only one that mentions absolutely nothing about employment. No statistics and/or descriptive words "easy to find" "no problem securing" etc.


Great point. I've been looking for similar data to no avail.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:46 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:
Inygma wrote:SCU's IP program sounds pretty good, but out of all of the school descriptions I have read on TLS, SCU is the only one that mentions absolutely nothing about employment. No statistics and/or descriptive words "easy to find" "no problem securing" etc.


Great point. I've been looking for similar data to no avail.


Here are the stats on Santa Clara.
http://officialguide.lsac.org/SearchRes ... BA4851.pdf

It fares a few percentage points worse than USD in bar passage, but better in job placement after 9 months. Feeling better about it now.

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby choochoo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 am

Just curious, how long did it take for y'all to get your status checker e-mailed to you? I applied a week ago and haven't received any e-mails yet (although I did get a small pamphlet in the mail yesterday, probably just a general one they send to a lot of people so the timing could be a coincidence). Just wondering if it takes a while or if I should contact them and make sure everything went through correctly.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:34 am

choochoo wrote:Just curious, how long did it take for y'all to get your status checker e-mailed to you? I applied a week ago and haven't received any e-mails yet (although I did get a small pamphlet in the mail yesterday, probably just a general one they send to a lot of people so the timing could be a coincidence). Just wondering if it takes a while or if I should contact them and make sure everything went through correctly.


Applied 11/1; Notice of receipt of application on 11/5; notice of completion on 11/13; decision mailed on 11/20. I'd give them a day or so more before contacting them.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby beebs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:53 pm

In! My first acceptance! Large packet in mail.

Applied 11/02, Complete 11/13, DR 11/20

167, 3.6

I was a fine arts major, worried that I'd get a lots of dings, so I'm super pumped about my first acceptance!

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Just opened the mailbox and found my USD Law acceptance letter! That's number 2 for me, with no rejections so far (a streak that, I promise, will not last much longer)!!!

Congrats to all!

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby soccersmo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Just got in today
:) my first acceptance yay
3.52 / 167

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby beebs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:21 am

soccersmo wrote:Just got in today
:) my first acceptance yay
3.52 / 167


Congrats! Same here - very similar numbers. Best of luck to you with the rest of your cycle. Here's to lots more acceptances!

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby soccersmo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:24 am

beebs wrote:
soccersmo wrote:Just got in today
:) my first acceptance yay
3.52 / 167


Congrats! Same here - very similar numbers. Best of luck to you with the rest of your cycle. Here's to lots more acceptances!


thanks! congrats to you too... are you applying to all the other southern california schools too?? (ucla/usc/pepperdine/loyola)?? good luck!!!!

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:24 am

A few good things:

1. 300 posts baby!

2. I am a married man now =)

3. Accepted into USD 163/3.71


Did anyone get a promise of scholarship or just that they'll let people know in mid-January?

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:36 am

I wonder when us non-auto admits will find out our decision :cry: I applied earlier than most of you as well but the better people go first :cry:

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby soccersmo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:56 am

Inygma wrote:A few good things:

1. 300 posts baby!

2. I am a married man now =)

3. Accepted into USD 163/3.71


Did anyone get a promise of scholarship or just that they'll let people know in mid-January?


wow that is a great list you have going... :)
mine was just that scholarship info is tba... I don't think they offer anyone scholarships until January...

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

soccersmo wrote:
Inygma wrote:A few good things:

1. 300 posts baby!

2. I am a married man now =)

3. Accepted into USD 163/3.71


Did anyone get a promise of scholarship or just that they'll let people know in mid-January?


wow that is a great list you have going... :)
mine was just that scholarship info is tba... I don't think they offer anyone scholarships until January...


Awesome, I was just making sure, I think USC tells its students that they are admitted and some have a paper that says they are getting an undisclosed scholly that will be revealed later. I was just making sure that USD wasn't doing that, if they were you would of definately got something saying that with your numbers.

Grats to you all!

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby beebs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 am

soccersmo wrote:
beebs wrote:
soccersmo wrote:Just got in today
:) my first acceptance yay
3.52 / 167


Congrats! Same here - very similar numbers. Best of luck to you with the rest of your cycle. Here's to lots more acceptances!


thanks! congrats to you too... are you applying to all the other southern california schools too?? (ucla/usc/pepperdine/loyola)?? good luck!!!!


Thanks!

USC and UCLA, but my priority is out here on the East Coast. We'll see how the cycle turns out - who knows? I sure would love a SoCal winter!

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Reviving USD :lol:

http://law.rwu.edu/facultyproductivity/

Nice information for USD hopefulls/admits.

OrcinusOrcas
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Ack, went complete on 11/17 and still no change on the status checker. 3.5/162...c'mon, USD, give me some good news!!! (SD is my home town, btw)

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Ack, went complete on 11/17 and still no change on the status checker. 3.5/162...c'mon, USD, give me some good news!!! (SD is my home town, btw)


I wouldn't worry at all. You are in, probably with some $.

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Zoomba200 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Acceptance letter today in the mail!

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby km23 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Zoomba200 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:40 pm

km23 wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote:Acceptance letter today in the mail!



Congrats! When did you go complete and did your status checker change to anything besides "complete?"



Thanks! It is the first I have heard from any schools since I only turned in my apps mid-November. But I am hoping it is the beginning of lots of good news!

Complete - 12/01
Decision Rendered/Decision Letter Sent - 12/09
Packet Recieved - 12/11

Good luck!

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Zoomba200 wrote:
km23 wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote:Acceptance letter today in the mail!



Congrats! When did you go complete and did your status checker change to anything besides "complete?"



Thanks! It is the first I have heard from any schools since I only turned in my apps mid-November. But I am hoping it is the beginning of lots of good news!

Complete - 12/01
Decision Rendered/Decision Letter Sent - 12/09
Packet Recieved - 12/11

Good luck!


numbers?

User avatar
Pankun
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Pankun » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm sure this is waaaaayy too early, but I live very close to the USD campus in a 1-1 right by the Bay. So keep that in mind when you're looking for a place to live ...

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Zoomba200 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Pankun wrote:I'm sure this is waaaaayy too early, but I live very close to the USD campus in a 1-1 right by the Bay. So keep that in mind when you're looking for a place to live ...


Are you offering your apartment?

MSUPHL
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby MSUPHL » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:24 pm

i am definitely considerign San Diego. SOme things of concern:

37k + living expenses = large debt in a bad national economy, and terrible state economy.

If i do manage to make it relatively big as a lawyer i have taxes to deal with in the top barck. 38% federal, 14% state, 9% sales tax. And the state is still in a huge debt? are u kidding me?

Are these concerns to anyone else?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, tinafeyclone and 6 guests