U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cougsnjazz

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby cougsnjazz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Does anyone now about what the limit is on earning to receive need based financial aid? Lets just assume a single student with zero dependents.

fcowrx

Postby fcowrx » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Decision Rendered 2/12

Anyone else have their status change? Also, do they give decisions over the phone? I don't want to wait for the letter to come my way lol

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Nope, still complete as of 12/8. Good luck! Can I ask what your stats are?

fcowrx

Postby fcowrx » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:22 pm

CmonSD wrote:Nope, still complete as of 12/8. Good luck! Can I ask what your stats are?

Thanks, you too! I'm surprised at the quick turnaround I had. 162/3.5

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:23 pm

it bothers me a little how evasive their communication system is. I would like to talk to an actual admissions person, not just be sent to the generic email that seems to get no where.... :?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Veritas wrote:it bothers me a little how evasive their communication system is. I would like to talk to an actual admissions person, not just be sent to the generic email that seems to get no where.... :?

btw my mailing hasnt come yet

although my phone charger that i left in north carolina, that was mailed on monday, arrived yesterday

fcowrx

Postby fcowrx » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:32 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
Veritas wrote:it bothers me a little how evasive their communication system is. I would like to talk to an actual admissions person, not just be sent to the generic email that seems to get no where.... :?

although my phone charger that i left in north carolina, that was mailed on monday, arrived yesterday

Haha damn law schools and their slow mailing.

Veritas, did you receive scholarship info with the acceptance mail? Curious to see if I'll be awarded any money

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:34 pm

I am starting to get think this may be representative of how USD handles all business.....very unappealing.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm

fcowrx wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:

Haha damn law schools and their slow mailing.

Veritas, did you receive scholarship info with the acceptance mail? Curious to see if I'll be awarded any money

nah, I was accepted in November and received the scholarship last Saturday.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm

CmonSD wrote:

I am starting to get think this may be representative of how USD handles all business.....very unappealing.

I can understand it to some extent, trying to keep the office efficient - but maybe if accepted students had a little more access directly with admissions people - that would be nice.

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Veritas wrote:
CmonSD wrote:

I can understand it to some extent, trying to keep the office efficient - but maybe if accepted students had a little more access directly with admissions people - that would be nice.

Yeah. I will not attend a school where I cannot speak to real people...

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Veritas wrote:
CmonSD wrote:

Well that is kind of the point I was trying to make. :wink: I would expect that admitted students should have direct access to admissions, and from what I have read on this board, it doesn't seem to be the case. I can see how they want to avoid everyone calling about the status of their application (which I haven't done), but I did have an issue with LSAC involving an additional LOR and USD was the only admissions office to give me the run around. My LOR still isn't listed on my status checker and it was sent back in December. Admitted student or not, it is still frustrating.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:04 pm

CmonSD wrote:
Veritas wrote:
CmonSD wrote:

Well that is kind of the point I was trying to make. :wink: I would expect that admitted students should have direct access to admissions, and from what I have read on this board, it doesn't seem to be the case. I can see how they want to avoid everyone calling about the status of their application (which I haven't done), but I did have an issue with LSAC involving an additional LOR and USD was the only admissions office to give me the run around. My LOR still isn't listed on my status checker and it was sent back in December. Admitted student or not, it is still frustrating.

:D

I'm going to the March 1 open house thing, if I don't have a response to my email by then I'll try and set up and appointment to talk with someone regarding my questions!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

I just found some pictures I took in La Jolla a couple years ago. Thought I might share a few, I really love it here :D

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Veritas wrote:I just found some pictures I took in La Jolla a couple years ago. Thought I might share a few, I really love it here :D

So beautiful! Boston will never look like that... :cry:

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 pm

San Diego can be beautiful...you just need to have a decent income to enjoy it.

If I decide to go to USD, I'm gonna be forced to look for a nice apartment in downtown. I think that's the only way I can stomach moving back.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:San Diego can be beautiful...you just need to have a decent income to enjoy it.

If I decide to go to USD, I'm gonna be forced to look for a nice apartment in downtown. I think that's the only way I can stomach moving back.

I'm poor and I very much enjoy everything SD has to offer!

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Veritas wrote:I'm poor and I very much enjoy everything SD has to offer!

Haha, I keep forgetting how deeply my anti-SD bias is from growing up there. To be fair, I grew up in North County and going back since leaving after high school always consists of staying with the family in North County, and having to make the 20-30 minute drive to get anywhere.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
Veritas wrote:I'm poor and I very much enjoy everything SD has to offer!

Haha, I keep forgetting how deeply my anti-SD bias is from growing up there. To be fair, I grew up in North County and going back since leaving after high school always consists of staying with the family in North County, and having to make the 20-30 minute drive to get anywhere.

I live in North County! :wink: I love it here, the mountains, trails, the lake - it's nice <3

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:San Diego can be beautiful...you just need to have a decent income to enjoy it.

If I went to USD I would live in PB, or OB, hands down!

>insert witty name<

Postby >insert witty name< » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Two things:

One, what number are you guys calling? When I called to RSVP to the admitted students day a real live human being answered the phone with an enthusiastic "USD Admissions Office, this is so and so" and I thought that was the norm! I can dig up that number and post it if anyone is interested.

Two, I moved to San Diego two years ago and live in PB, I love it! It can be a somewhat expensive cab ride to get the downtown experience, but I'd rather live here and occassionally cab downtown than vice versa. Then again, I guess it depends on your personal style, I'm more of a casual/beachy person, so others may not agree with me.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:17 pm

gobears09 wrote:

I'd rather brush my teeth with a strait razor than live in PB. That place is the bane of San Diego.

OB I'd definitely consider, at least for the proximity to Hodad's :)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
gobears09 wrote:

I'd rather brush my teeth with a strait razor than live in PB. That place is the bane of San Diego.

+1, not my cup of tea. But I like North County, so we might not agree on that.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
gobears09 wrote:

Lucky for you, Hodads is opening a location downtown!

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Nice! But Newport Pizza is right down the street from OB Hodad's, and they usually have some good beer on tap.

North County is not terrible, but it's, again, the place I grew up which I'm hesitant to go back to for fear of feeling stagnated. Also, I'm mid 20's and single, I finally have had a chance to live in downtown San Francisco and love it. If I do go to USD, I'm staying near where things happen. I could see moving to North County if I was in a relationship and wanted things to slow down a bit.

That's just me though...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”