U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sirchristaylor

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Borhas wrote:Yeah dude, the weatherman was all like Snotorious B.I.G. is heading into town today, and I was all like snOMG, I like it nice and snow as much as the next guy and all these class cancellations make feel as cool as snObama winning the Snobell Peace Prize, but another tsnownami snowrm is just snowverkill.

You sure snow what you're talking about.

algren

Postby algren » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:18 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:
Borhas wrote:Yeah dude, the weatherman was all like Snotorious B.I.G. is heading into town today, and I was all like snOMG, I like it nice and snow as much as the next guy and all these class cancellations make feel as cool as snObama winning the Snobell Peace Prize, but another tsnownami snowrm is just snowverkill.

snow kidding.

gilly

Postby gilly » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:04 pm

amcooper wrote:How long could it possibly take for a decision letter to get from sd to la? my status checker says it was sent on the 4th. does it normally take this long?

Also waiting in LA, no mail today :( I'm starting to think they lied about sending it the 4th...

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm

gilly wrote:
amcooper wrote:How long could it possibly take for a decision letter to get from sd to la? my status checker says it was sent on the 4th. does it normally take this long?

Also waiting in LA, no mail today :( I'm starting to think they lied about sending it the 4th...

+1 in santa barbara, did it not come today? 'mailed on the 4th' probably means "on the 4th, put into a big pile to be mailed.... eventually"

PiPhiJD2013

Postby PiPhiJD2013 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:13 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
gilly wrote:

+1 in santa barbara, did it not come today? 'mailed on the 4th' probably means "on the 4th, put into a big pile to be mailed.... eventually"

I live 2 minutes from USD and I havent received my letter yet either (status- Decision Mailed 2/4)...seriously contemplating asking if I can just pick my letter up at the admission office..they should not give people like us status checkers.

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 pm

I am moving away from snow as well. Although I'm from Duluth Minnesota. Anyone ever been. Its like San Francisco with the steep hills except we get 3 feet of snow every week :roll:

I hate snow the most because it prevents me from wanting to wear anything nice; it will just end up covered in slushy sand/salt/dirty snow.

Those of you who got scholarships. What are your #'s? I hoping for something 20k or more and I will attend. Im a 163/3.59

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 pm

ok I signed up for March 1st and also for a class following the event :D

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does USD give travel stipends?

>insert witty name<

Postby >insert witty name< » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Veritas wrote:ok I signed up for March 1st and also for a class following the event :D

I RSVPed for the March 1st date today as well. I lost the stupid pamphlet with the visit info on it so I didn't know about the possibility of a class visit... did you get to pick which class? I'd like to sign up for one too.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Nat1018 wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does USD give travel stipends?

The admissions lady I spoke with said that no stipends/reimbursements were available.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
Veritas wrote:ok I signed up for March 1st and also for a class following the event :D

I RSVPed for the March 1st date today as well. I lost the stupid pamphlet with the visit info on it so I didn't know about the possibility of a class visit... did you get to pick which class? I'd like to sign up for one too.

hey, I received it in an email after asking to be placed on a list to receive the info. This is what I have. I signed up for the Con Law I class on Mondays at 2:30 PM (smith)

We recently received a request from you regarding a class sit-in. Listed below are the first year courses that were approved for class sit-ins. To submit a request please provide us with a date that best fits your schedule, your full name and a number you can be best reached at.

SPRING 2010 USD SCHOOL OF LAW
Professor Day of Wk. Time Course Name
Ursin MTWTH 1:00 pm - 2:07 pm Torts
Wonnell TTH 5:30 pm - 7:20 pm Property
Miranda McGowan MW 10:00 am - 11:55 am Constitutional Law I
Martin TTH 10:30 am - 11:45 am Civil Procedures II
Martin TTH 2:30 pm - 3:45 pm Civil Procedures II
Heiser WF 10:30 am - 11:45 am Civil Procedures II
Smith, S MW 2:30 pm - 4:20 pm Constitutional Law I
Wiggins TTH 10:00 am - 11:50 am Property
Brooks TTH 2:30 pm - 3:45 pm Civil Procedures II
Rappaport TTh 2:30 pm - 4:20 pm Constitutional Law I
Claus MW 5:30 pm - 7:20 pm Contracts
Kolber MW 1:00 pm - 2:50 pm Criminal Law
Ramsey, M MW 2:30 pm - 4:20 pm Constitutional Law I
Barry TWTH 1:00 pm - 2:07 pm Contracts

>insert witty name<

Postby >insert witty name< » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am

awesome, thanks veritas!

algren

Postby algren » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 am

eberl032 wrote:I am moving away from snow as well. Although I'm from Duluth Minnesota. Anyone ever been. Its like San Francisco with the steep hills except we get 3 feet of snow every week :roll:

I hate snow the most because it prevents me from wanting to wear anything nice; it will just end up covered in slushy sand/salt/dirty snow.

Duluth! I love Duluth! But I've only been in the summer so I'm obviously going to be biased. I've stayed there some when I've headed up to Ely for BWCA summer trips. It definitely has the SF hill thing going on.

I also had your thought about clothes this morning as I was walking in snow up to my knees to the train station in my slacks and tie. Stupid snow. As Borhaus would say, "It's snow good, snow good at all."

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:09 pm

algren wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:

snow kidding.

Snowmageddon t-shirt
--LinkRemoved--

algren

Postby algren » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:
algren wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:

snow kidding.

Snowmageddon t-shirt
--LinkRemoved--

Hahahaha, great stuff! I passed that along to a few DC friends.

Anything in the mail yet Sdegarmo?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

algren wrote:Anything in the mail yet Sdegarmo?

not yesterday, will check after work today

there were a couple people in SD and LA who hadn't received theirs as of yesterday that were DR 2/4 as well so i dunno

although my roommate lied to me and said he put it on my desk and sent me on a wild goose chase for like 5 minutes yesterday

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:

there were a couple people in SD and LA who hadn't received theirs as of yesterday that were DR 2/4 as well so i dunno

although my roommate lied to me and said he put it on my desk and sent me on a wild goose chase for like 5 minutes yesterday

look at you with the new fancy name

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Veritas wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:

look at you with the new fancy name

yeah, thought it would be wise to change it up a bit so its not just my last name straight up

algren

Postby algren » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:52 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:

I would have trouble restraining my rage if my room mate did this to me.

choochoo

Postby choochoo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey, does anyone know what to put under "Intended Units" on the USD financial aid application? For both Fall '10 and Spring '11? I'm full time.

Trying to send in this form asap but haven't been able to find this info yet. Thanks!

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:46 pm

algren wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:

yeah but most of our communication is through lying to each other

it puts us on a whole different level of understanding

choochoo

Postby choochoo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:47 pm

choochoo wrote:Hey, does anyone know what to put under "Intended Units" on the USD financial aid application? For both Fall '10 and Spring '11? I'm full time.

Trying to send in this form asap but haven't been able to find this info yet. Thanks!

Ok to answer my own question, now I'm thinking it's 13 for the fall and 16 for the spring? Is that correct??

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 pm

choochoo wrote:
choochoo wrote:Hey, does anyone know what to put under "Intended Units" on the USD financial aid application? For both Fall '10 and Spring '11? I'm full time.

Ok to answer my own question, now I'm thinking it's 13 for the fall and 16 for the spring? Is that correct??

that sounds about right.

I remember just looking it up online. But, I think they'll adjust if you write it incorrectly.

algren

Postby algren » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:53 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
algren wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:

yeah but most of our communication is through lying to each other

it puts us on a whole different level of understanding

Hahaha, that sounds like a wonderful situation. But hey, hopefully you'll hear today. I'm leaving work soon but I'll check back this evening. Post up if you get some news!

choochoo

Postby choochoo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Veritas wrote:
choochoo wrote:

that sounds about right.

I remember just looking it up online. But, I think they'll adjust if you write it incorrectly.

Good to know, thanks :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”