U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
holidayfromreal

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby holidayfromreal » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 pm

where did you find info about ASD? I can't find it anywhere online

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:26 pm

efusty06 wrote:where did you find info about ASD? I can't find it anywhere online

I was mailed a pamphlet

3 days are:

Monday, March 1 (RSVP by Feb 22)
Monday, March 22 (RSVP by March 15)
Monday, April 12 (RSVP by April 5)

holidayfromreal

Postby holidayfromreal » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Inygma wrote:
efusty06 wrote:where did you find info about ASD? I can't find it anywhere online

I was mailed a pamphlet

3 days are:

Monday, March 1 (RSVP by Feb 22)
Monday, March 22 (RSVP by March 15)
Monday, April 12 (RSVP by April 5)

Thanks! I'm an accepted student and never got it, are we supposed to just call to RSVP

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:39 pm

algren wrote:Enjoy your rain.... We're currently getting pummeled by a blizzard here in Chicago. 7-12 inches of snow through tomorrow morning, 200 flights cancelled out of O'Hare.

Days like today make USD sound soooooooooo much better...

+1 in the DC area. We just had over 25 inches two days ago, and now we're expecting 8-10 more. If USD would bump my 15k to 25k, we'd more in business!

algren

Postby algren » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:
algren wrote:Enjoy your rain.... We're currently getting pummeled by a blizzard here in Chicago. 7-12 inches of snow through tomorrow morning, 200 flights cancelled out of O'Hare.

+1 in the DC area. We just had over 25 inches two days ago, and now we're expecting 8-10 more. If USD would bump my 15k to 25k, we'd more in business!

It's funny. All my friends here in Chicago say things like, "If you head out west you're going to miss the change of the seasons" or "Snow is a lot of fun. A lot of people wish for snow days you know..."

I keep nodding and smiling and imagining what its going to be like next January when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt and thinking about going for a swim (pending admission of course).

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm

algren wrote:It's funny. All my friends here in Chicago say things like, "If you head out west you're going to miss the change of the seasons" or "Snow is a lot of fun. A lot of people wish for snow days you know..."

I keep nodding and smiling and imagining what its going to be like next January when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt and thinking about going for a swim (pending admission of course).

well in CA we get school off when everything is on fire July-October. Then again when the mud slides down and destroys everything in feb-april

algren

Postby algren » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:11 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
algren wrote:It's funny. All my friends here in Chicago say things like, "If you head out west you're going to miss the change of the seasons" or "Snow is a lot of fun. A lot of people wish for snow days you know..."

well in CA we get school off when everything is on fire July-October. Then again when the mud slides down and destroys everything in feb-april

Yes, but while the mud is sliding and the forest fires are raging, I can still go lay on the beach.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm

algren wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

Yes, but while the mud is sliding and the forest fires are raging, I can still go lay on the beach.

omgoodness no, it's too cold.

algren

Postby algren » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Veritas wrote:
algren wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

Its too cold in April to lay on the beach in San Diego? Or did that sound like I meant Chicago? I meant San Diego :-)

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:34 pm

it's too cold if you're from CA, if you're from Chicago i'm pretty sure you'd think 60 degrees and sunny is a nice day

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:34 pm

algren wrote:
Its too cold in April to lay on the beach in San Diego? Or did that sound like I meant Chicago? I meant San Diego :-)

I knew you were referring to SD, and yes - it is too cold to go to the beach in April. (coming from a San Diegan, fwiw)

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:37 pm

sdegarmo wrote:

+1 And when you get evacuated, you get to go on a little mini vacation and hang out in another part of CA for a few days

algren

Postby algren » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:37 pm

chameleon wrote:it's too cold if you're from CA, if you're from Chicago i'm pretty sure you'd think 60 degrees and sunny is a nice day

TITCR

It's still snowing in Chicago in April. And sometimes into May.

OrcinusOrcas

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:40 pm

Veritas wrote:
algren wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

It may be too cold to lay on the beach, but I remember awesome winters spent surfing in Oceanside with a decent wetsuit...and some very fun beach bonfires at night in OB/PB/Mission.
Not to mention, the SD mountains get snow occasionally (Laguna, a little bit in Julian). And Big Bear is close enough for weekend trips...not that you'd be making many of those in LS.

One day, I spent the morning surfing in OB and the afternoon sledding in Julian.

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:40 pm

algren wrote:
chameleon wrote:it's too cold if you're from CA, if you're from Chicago i'm pretty sure you'd think 60 degrees and sunny is a nice day

TITCR

It's still snowing in Chicago in April. And sometimes into May.

Seriously? I got the shivers just thinking about that.

PiPhiJD2013

Postby PiPhiJD2013 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I live in Pacific Beach (5 mins from USD) and laid out at the beach yesterday :)

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:00 pm

I think USD lost my app. While my other similarly or better ranked schools are going DR, USD has yet to even send my a complete, and I applied in early January. I emailed them a few weeks after when my others schools had listed me as complete and they said they were overwhelmed with applications. It's not been a month since they would have received my app., should I just keep on waiting?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm

scolinos wrote:I think USD lost my app. While my other similarly or better ranked schools are going DR, USD has yet to even send my a complete, and I applied in early January. I emailed them a few weeks after when my others schools had listed me as complete and they said they were overwhelmed with applications. It's not been a month since they would have received my app., should I just keep on waiting?

im well over medians and went complete mid november. I just went DR 2/4. USD has had a turnaround for like 2 weeks for some people with lower numbers than mine. I dont know what the deal is. When i emailed and asked they sent me a generic response that I would receive a decision before August 17. Theres not really anything else you can do but wait.

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
scolinos wrote:I think USD lost my app. While my other similarly or better ranked schools are going DR, USD has yet to even send my a complete, and I applied in early January. I emailed them a few weeks after when my others schools had listed me as complete and they said they were overwhelmed with applications. It's not been a month since they would have received my app., should I just keep on waiting?

im well over medians and went complete mid november. I just went DR 2/4. USD has had a turnaround for like 2 weeks for some people with lower numbers than mine. I dont know what the deal is. When i emailed and asked they sent me a generic response that I would receive a decision before August 17. Theres not really anything else you can do but wait.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's partially my fault...I follow this thread too closely. Every time someone goes complete or DR i roll my eyes haha

amcooper

Postby amcooper » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:24 pm

How long could it possibly take for a decision letter to get from sd to la? my status checker says it was sent on the 4th. does it normally take this long?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:

this new storm is totally snowver kill

algren

Postby algren » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:Seriously? I got the shivers just thinking about that.

Seriously. I've been here 5.5 years. I'm done with this. I applied to 14 schools exactly none of which are in, or north of the city of Chicago.

Borhas wrote:this new storm is totally snowver kill

We've been calling it Snowmaggedon. Going to work tomorrow is going to be like sledding the Iditarod.

algren

Postby algren » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:39 pm

scolinos wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement. It's partially my fault...I follow this thread too closely. Every time someone goes complete or DR i roll my eyes haha

I do the same thing. This thread is fun though, apart from being informative :-)

I sent 1/7.... received 1/11.... complete 1/14... (at this point I'm thinking I'm one of the lucky ones sdegarmo is referring to)..... and then nothing.
Last edited by algren on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Borhas wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:

this new storm is totally snowver kill

Totally. And no one around here knows what to do with the snow. I got stuck yesterday after the snow plows had already been through...because they didn't actually plow anything!

Really, I just worry about the mailmen and women not being able to make it to my house...

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah dude, the weatherman was all like Snotorious B.I.G. is heading into town today, and I was all like snOMG, I like it nice and snow as much as the next guy and all these class cancellations make feel as cool as snObama winning the Snobell Peace Prize, but another tsnownami snowrm is just snowverkill.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”