U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:45 pm

rorystewart wrote:Lol, me? No. Was just joking around.


phew

scared me. your low post count, lack of profile, and an consevatively dressed adult in your avatar made me think you were adcomm

User avatar
rorystewart
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby rorystewart » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:59 pm

You mean my conservatively dressed adult, barricaded in a bathroom, defending herself from cookie monster tar? Yea, adcomms love it. ;)

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby CmonSD » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 pm

sdegarmo wrote:OMG LOL

Hello Sean,

As of now your file is complete and pending to be reviewed by the admissions committee. A decision may be rendered anytime from now until right before classes start.


Thank You,

Law School Admissions Office


Thanks for logging to check my status checker, guys.
please.

could that be any more generic


This makes me sad......they don't even pretend to have a timeline in mind? Grrrrrrr

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Zoomba200 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 pm

While at work yesterday I got a call from my wife regarding a package from San Diego financial aid office. Turns out it was just the San Diego FAFSA form.

Stupid San Diego.

Don't tease me.

Has anyone gotten a scholarship letter without turning in the FAFSA info? I was under the impression that they were separate types of financial aid.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Zoomba200 wrote:While at work yesterday I got a call from my wife regarding a package from San Diego financial aid office. Turns out it was just the San Diego FAFSA form.

Stupid San Diego.

Don't tease me.

Has anyone gotten a scholarship letter without turning in the FAFSA info? I was under the impression that they were separate types of financial aid.


+1, really want to know if those with offers already submitted these forms. If I'm getting nada from USD, I'll withdraw right away.

User avatar
FuzzyKiwi
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby FuzzyKiwi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:59 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote:While at work yesterday I got a call from my wife regarding a package from San Diego financial aid office. Turns out it was just the San Diego FAFSA form.

Stupid San Diego.

Don't tease me.

Has anyone gotten a scholarship letter without turning in the FAFSA info? I was under the impression that they were separate types of financial aid.


+1, really want to know if those with offers already submitted these forms. If I'm getting nada from USD, I'll withdraw right away.


I didn't submit financial aid forms yet (though I plan to), and received an $18,000 scholarship (evening honors scholarship or something like that) last night for the first year for the part-time program. I'm local so it was probably sent to me Wednesday.

Not super happy about the scholly being for 1 out of 4 years...but I'd love to keep working for the nonprofit I work for now. Will call the financial aid office to ask about scholarship renewal options (which are mentioned in the letter in a non-commital way).

cougsnjazz
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby cougsnjazz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 pm

FuzzyKiwi wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:
Zoomba200 wrote:While at work yesterday I got a call from my wife regarding a package from San Diego financial aid office. Turns out it was just the San Diego FAFSA form.

Stupid San Diego.

Don't tease me.

Has anyone gotten a scholarship letter without turning in the FAFSA info? I was under the impression that they were separate types of financial aid.


+1, really want to know if those with offers already submitted these forms. If I'm getting nada from USD, I'll withdraw right away.


I didn't submit financial aid forms yet (though I plan to), and received an $18,000 scholarship (evening honors scholarship or something like that) last night for the first year for the part-time program. I'm local so it was probably sent to me Wednesday.

Not super happy about the scholly being for 1 out of 4 years...but I'd love to keep working for the nonprofit I work for now. Will call the financial aid office to ask about scholarship renewal options (which are mentioned in the letter in a non-commital way).


Are you on LSN? If not do you mind posting your stats? I just received a big packet yesterday but all it was, was the FAFSA forms (I'm also applying PT). I'm assuming that the scholarship letters are separate from that packet.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Borhas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

So I guess by scholarship information, they meant forms to fill out information that is already on my FAFSA... great

hopefulincal
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby hopefulincal » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 pm

I can confirm that you don't need to fill out FAFSA or send in the financial aid form in order to receive merit-based scholarship.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Borhas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:08 pm

hopefulincal wrote:I can confirm that you don't need to fill out FAFSA or send in the financial aid form in order to receive merit-based scholarship.


can you pm me your numbers if you don't mind?

User avatar
Zoomba200
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Zoomba200 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:22 pm

I kind of figured scholarships were independent of FAFSA, but I am just anxious to hear from USD on scholarships. It'd easily be my top choice (mainly because of location) if it were more affordable than my in-state options!

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby superflush » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:20 pm

hopefulincal wrote:I can confirm that you don't need to fill out FAFSA or send in the financial aid form in order to receive merit-based scholarship.


Yep. good.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:26 pm

FuzzyKiwi wrote:
I didn't submit financial aid forms yet (though I plan to), and received an $18,000 scholarship (evening honors scholarship or something like that) last night for the first year for the part-time program. I'm local so it was probably sent to me Wednesday.

Not super happy about the scholly being for 1 out of 4 years...but I'd love to keep working for the nonprofit I work for now. Will call the financial aid office to ask about scholarship renewal options (which are mentioned in the letter in a non-commital way).


weak. heres to getting a decision by mid august!

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby BruinsFan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
weak. heres to getting a decision by mid august!



I'll drink to that! Cheers!

User avatar
PhantaManta
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby PhantaManta » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Darn i got mail and thought it was gonna be a scholarship BUT ITS FORMS. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN.

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby gobears09 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Submitted to USD: 1/12
Complete: 1/26
Decision Rendered: TODAY 1/29

Wow!

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby calgal17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:21 pm

gobears09 wrote:Submitted to USD: 1/12
Complete: 1/26
Decision Rendered: TODAY 1/29

Wow!


I like your style. They're into the bears. :wink:

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby superflush » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 pm

gobears09 wrote:Submitted to USD: 1/12
Complete: 1/26
Decision Rendered: TODAY 1/29

Wow!


Do you have really great stats for USD?

RednBlack
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:00 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby RednBlack » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 pm

$110k scholarship via mail today
Haven't filled out FAFSA, accepted back in Dec-ish
Last edited by RednBlack on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evergirl23
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby evergirl23 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 pm

I also have Decision Rendered 1/29 - submitted 1/7 and went complete 1/22. I am in the LA area so hope to get my decision soon!

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Mosca » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:54 pm

I received a grant today based on my "expected eligibility for need-based assistance." I submitted my FAFSA but I haven't sent in the USD financial aid form yet. Does anyone know if you can receive both a USD Law School Grant and a merit scholarship, or is it either/or?
Last edited by Mosca on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
eberl032
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby eberl032 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:32 am

RednBlack wrote:$110k scholarship via mail today
Haven't filled out FAFSA, accepted back in Dec-ish


Seriously? Stats? (if you don't mind me asking)

A scholly that size and I will start moving to San Diego

BlairLeigh
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby BlairLeigh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:15 am

How does San Diego notify acceptances? My status went to decision rendered today but should i be expecting mail, email, phone call?? HELP!

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby superflush » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:19 am

BlairLeigh wrote:How does San Diego notify acceptances? My status went to decision rendered today but should i be expecting mail, email, phone call?? HELP!


I think something by mail.

RednBlack
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:00 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby RednBlack » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:48 am

eberl032 wrote:
RednBlack wrote:$110k scholarship via mail today
Haven't filled out FAFSA, accepted back in Dec-ish


Seriously? Stats? (if you don't mind me asking)

A scholly that size and I will start moving to San Diego


Stats are a bit fudged but around 3.85 GPA and 168 LSAT.

It does have stipulations though




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, dala77, siyuanff and 4 guests