U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Inygma wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:So when do we want to do TLS ASD? March 1st?

ohhh in here!!

Yes! Did you get the email about the classes to sit in on??


No email for me, just the pamphlet that has the description of the ASD day and the 3 days its offered. I'm thinking the sooner the better (because we need to make room in early August for when Davis accepts us, well hopefully they accept people by then :lol: :lol: )

:shock: srsly!

I'm down for March 1st, I can make whatever work.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:So when do we want to do TLS ASD? March 1st?

ohhh in here!!

Yes! Did you get the email about the classes to sit in on??


No email for me, just the pamphlet that has the description of the ASD day and the 3 days its offered. I'm thinking the sooner the better (because we need to make room in early August for when Davis accepts us, well hopefully they accept people by then :lol: :lol: )

:shock: srsly!

I'm down for March 1st, I can make whatever work.


Haha, just realised I start my last semester on Monday... All 3 days I have school, but 2 of my 3 classes have Faculty Furlough on March 1st, so I'm definately going then, hope to see you all there!

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 pm

I have been complete since early December :( the agony of this wait is gruesome. Oh well... I figure since I applied PT and am not an auto admit it will take some time for the adcomms to see the majority of the PT applicant pool

wed96101
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:47 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby wed96101 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:20 pm

For those of people who got their status changed to "completed" during last a couple of days, did anybody get their status changed to "DR" afterward?

General trend in the board looks like we have to play long, annoying waiting game unless status was quickly changed to "DR" within one day after status was changed to "completed." Mine was submitted on Dec 28, 2009, received on Jan 5, 2010, and completed on Jan 19, 2010. :cry:

secretasianman
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby secretasianman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:24 pm

3.49/156 Korean, less than average softs
just applied to USD. I would love to go here and LSP says I have a 38% chance of gaining admission. What do you guys think? Do I have a shot?

wed96101
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:47 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby wed96101 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:27 pm

secretasianman wrote:3.49/156 Korean, less than average softs
just applied to USD. I would love to go here and LSP says I have a 38% chance of gaining admission. What do you guys think? Do I have a shot?



Are you applying for PT or FT?

User avatar
jrb211
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby jrb211 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 pm

I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet. :|

User avatar
chameleon
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby chameleon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:30 pm

jrb211 wrote:I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet. :|


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive

secretasianman
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby secretasianman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:30 pm

wed96101 wrote:
secretasianman wrote:3.49/156 Korean, less than average softs
just applied to USD. I would love to go here and LSP says I have a 38% chance of gaining admission. What do you guys think? Do I have a shot?



Are you applying for PT or FT?


only FT :o

littlepiggie818
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby littlepiggie818 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:36 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:I have been complete since early December :( the agony of this wait is gruesome. Oh well... I figure since I applied PT and am not an auto admit it will take some time for the adcomms to see the majority of the PT applicant pool


Same here. But I applied FT. I just want to hear from someone.

User avatar
jrb211
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby jrb211 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:43 pm

jrb211 wrote:
I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet.


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive


The weather is absolutely CRAAAZZZYY. I guess that productivity theory could be true since it applies to my own productivity at work today.

User avatar
chameleon
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby chameleon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

jrb211 wrote:jrb211 wrote:
I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet.


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive


The weather is absolutely CRAAAZZZYY. I guess that productivity theory could be true since it applies to my own productivity at work today.


me too, i'm leaving early and citing the apocalypse outside as the reason ... not looking forward to the trek from escondido to la jolla. sigh.

User avatar
jrb211
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby jrb211 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 pm

chameleon wrote:
jrb211 wrote:jrb211 wrote:
I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet.


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive


The weather is absolutely CRAAAZZZYY. I guess that productivity theory could be true since it applies to my own productivity at work today.


me too, i'm leaving early and citing the apocalypse outside as the reason ... not looking forward to the trek from escondido to la jolla. sigh.




Oooo that's rough I've got Kearny Mesa to OB. I can't wait until I get to drive TO the school instead of driving PAST it every day.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:31 pm

chameleon wrote:
jrb211 wrote:jrb211 wrote:
I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet.


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive


The weather is absolutely CRAAAZZZYY. I guess that productivity theory could be true since it applies to my own productivity at work today.


me too, i'm leaving early and citing the apocalypse outside as the reason ... not looking forward to the trek from escondido to la jolla. sigh.

eww that's a long trek today. I live and work in RB, short commute FTW!

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby CmonSD » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:26 pm

chameleon wrote:
jrb211 wrote:I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet. :|


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive


Hahaha San Diego peeps can't drive when it's not the storm of the century! Turn on your lights people! geeeez :D

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:18 pm

CmonSD wrote:
chameleon wrote:
jrb211 wrote:I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet. :|


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive


Hahaha San Diego peeps can't drive when it's not the storm of the century! Turn on your lights people! geeeez :D


+1 I end up flashing my brights at everyone trying to get them to turn their lights on. Morons.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 pm

erico wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
chameleon wrote:
jrb211 wrote:I went "completed" on 1/20 and have been checking feverishly ever since to see if it changes to DR. No luck yet. :|


seeing as it's practically a monsoon here i doubt the admissions people are doing anything productive today ... san diego shuts down at the first sign of bad weather and everyone forgets how to drive


Hahaha San Diego peeps can't drive when it's not the storm of the century! Turn on your lights people! geeeez :D


+1 I end up flashing my brights at everyone trying to get them to turn their lights on. Morons.


That would get you killed in LA. A gang initiation over here is to drive at night with no lights, and to kill the first person who flashes you to let you know.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Mosca » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Inygma wrote:That would get you killed in LA. A gang initiation over here is to drive at night with no lights, and to kill the first person who flashes you to let you know.

That's an urban legend. Snopes.com

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Mosca wrote:
Inygma wrote:That would get you killed in LA. A gang initiation over here is to drive at night with no lights, and to kill the first person who flashes you to let you know.

That's an urban legend. Snopes.com


Interesting. Though my teacher who works in the gang unit in the LAPD told us this. I am a Criminal Justice minor and in the class "Gangs" is where I heard this. Maybe the wide-spread of it is false, but I can't imagine the guy would lie about this, though who knows? :?:

c4n3s
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby c4n3s » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 am

I got a financial aid postcard telling me how to finance my future at USD Law.

Would I have gotten this without being accepted?

Does everybody get this?

wed96101
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:47 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby wed96101 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 am

Yes.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:36 am

c4n3s wrote:I got a financial aid postcard telling me how to finance my future at USD Law.

Would I have gotten this without being accepted?

Does everybody get this?


Yup, that is why it says you should apply even before you get a decision, just in case.

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Midnight Rider » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Y'all think I should even bother applying this late? Can't go without a decent scholarship to cut the cost.

163 (one attempt)/3.low/masters 3.high
4 years of corporate America

User avatar
FuzzyKiwi
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby FuzzyKiwi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi All - another San Diegan checking in (first post) to the USD thread. Gotta do something to distract myself from the rain/hail (whine) and the looooong Chargers off-season.

Anyway, I got my acceptance letter for the PT program 12/20, but was never sent a packet. Is this normal?

User avatar
FuzzyKiwi
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby FuzzyKiwi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:Y'all think I should even bother applying this late? Can't go without a decent scholarship to cut the cost.

163 (one attempt)/3.low/masters 3.high
4 years of corporate America



I'm new to TLS, but on LSN it looks like this user last year had similar numbers, applied at the end of January, and got a scholarship:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/sshelly

Couldn't hurt, right? If you are interested in USD, a $50+$12 investment in fees could save you thousands in scholarship money. And if you ask for a fee waiver, the cost/benefit lowers even more.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Specter1389 and 9 guests