U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Nat1018 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 pm

mango26 wrote:
Nat1018 wrote:Im in!!! Just got the packet today!! yay!


when did you go complete?


It was a really quick turnaround. I went complete 1/13 and DR 1/14. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
algren
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby algren » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Application received 1/7 here... but still not complete. Here's hoping!

OrcinusOrcas
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Did any accepted students get a USD Law School ID# in your acceptance packet?? I'm at work so I don't have my letter on me, but I can't remember if I saw one in there...

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:25 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Did any accepted students get a USD Law School ID# in your acceptance packet?? I'm at work so I don't have my letter on me, but I can't remember if I saw one in there...


Nope, you leave that part blank for your financial aid info

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Inygma wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Did any accepted students get a USD Law School ID# in your acceptance packet?? I'm at work so I don't have my letter on me, but I can't remember if I saw one in there...


Nope, you leave that part blank for your financial aid info

oh, I gotta fill that sucker out

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Did any accepted students get a USD Law School ID# in your acceptance packet?? I'm at work so I don't have my letter on me, but I can't remember if I saw one in there...


Nope, you leave that part blank for your financial aid info

oh, I gotta fill that sucker out


Fill it out, scan it in, and you can email it to the email on the form.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Inygma wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Did any accepted students get a USD Law School ID# in your acceptance packet?? I'm at work so I don't have my letter on me, but I can't remember if I saw one in there...


Nope, you leave that part blank for your financial aid info

oh, I gotta fill that sucker out


Fill it out, scan it in, and you can email it to the email on the form.

:shock: sweet! I was just about to pull out an envelope. Thanks!

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 pm

wait what are these forms for??

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:37 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:wait what are these forms for??


After you file FAFSA you need to fill out a 2-page financial aid worksheet found on the USD site. I'll find the link and edit for you.

Edit: http://www.sandiego.edu/law/documents/a ... 1final.pdf

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Thank you!! I really appreciate it :)

User avatar
scolinos
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:20 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby scolinos » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

I should go complete today...but no email yet. I just went complete with all of my other schools (I sent in my apps all on the same day 1/8). So I'm waiting to hear back.

here's to hoping I get in by the end of the week...

hopefulincal
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby hopefulincal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Inygma wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:wait what are these forms for??


After you file FAFSA you need to fill out a 2-page financial aid worksheet found on the USD site. I'll find the link and edit for you.

Edit: http://www.sandiego.edu/law/documents/a ... 1final.pdf


It is true that scholarship is completely separate from the FAFSA process and no action is required to receive scholarship? Thanks for any info you may have.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:49 pm

sweet, sent :D

thanks for the tip Inygma

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby BruinsFan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:52 pm

scolinos wrote:I should go complete today...but no email yet. I just went complete with all of my other schools (I sent in my apps all on the same day 1/8). So I'm waiting to hear back.

here's to hoping I get in by the end of the week...


If you don't hear shortly after you going complete, then you'll be in it for the log haul with the rest of us. That seems to be a pattern....

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:08 pm

fin aid app received! whoa! <3 email

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby mango26 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:09 pm

complete today! usd is one of my top choices

gswfan
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby gswfan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm curious, has anyone been rejected yet? I'm sure anyone who checks this thread has been accepted or still waiting but I'm wondering if they have already selected the rejects but not sending out rejection letters until later?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:33 pm

gswfan wrote:I'm curious, has anyone been rejected yet? I'm sure anyone who checks this thread has been accepted or still waiting but I'm wondering if they have already selected the rejects but not sending out rejection letters until later?

Not yet. FWIW, I applied last year in mid Oct and waited to get rejected until April!

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby BruinsFan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:38 pm

[quote="Not yet. FWIW, I applied last year in mid Oct and waited to get rejected until April![/quote]

There was a link on another board, I can't find it now, but it time lined accepts and rejects from last year. I'm sure it only accounted for people who entered their data, but it didn't have a single rejection until March.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:39 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:Thank you!! I really appreciate it :)

Veritas wrote:sweet, sent :D

thanks for the tip Inygma


Welcome :)

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby twert » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Veritas wrote:
gswfan wrote:I'm curious, has anyone been rejected yet? I'm sure anyone who checks this thread has been accepted or still waiting but I'm wondering if they have already selected the rejects but not sending out rejection letters until later?

Not yet. FWIW, I applied last year in mid Oct and waited to get rejected until April!

yikes. i'm afraid that's going to be me

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby CmonSD » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 pm

twert wrote:
Veritas wrote:
gswfan wrote:I'm curious, has anyone been rejected yet? I'm sure anyone who checks this thread has been accepted or still waiting but I'm wondering if they have already selected the rejects but not sending out rejection letters until later?

Not yet. FWIW, I applied last year in mid Oct and waited to get rejected until April!

yikes. i'm afraid that's going to be me



+1 :( I hope not though. I LOVE my job and really do not want to quit/move.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 pm

So when do we want to do TLS ASD? March 1st?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Inygma wrote:So when do we want to do TLS ASD? March 1st?

ohhh in here!!

Yes! Did you get the email about the classes to sit in on??

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:So when do we want to do TLS ASD? March 1st?

ohhh in here!!

Yes! Did you get the email about the classes to sit in on??


No email for me, just the pamphlet that has the description of the ASD day and the 3 days its offered. I'm thinking the sooner the better (because we need to make room in early August for when Davis accepts us, well hopefully they accept people by then :lol: :lol: )




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, ellielaw, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, potterotter and 13 guests