U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hopefulincal
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby hopefulincal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:Ok guys, I called the Financial Aid office this morning. The woman I spoke with was very nice and told me that they were going to be sending out scholarship and financial aid information within the next two or three weeks. So we have some more waiting to do....but still! At least we know when to expect them :)


Thanks for the info! Now I can stop checking my status checker for two more weeks (and I don't even know if status checker updates scholarship mailings...)

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:21 pm

hopefulincal wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:Ok guys, I called the Financial Aid office this morning. The woman I spoke with was very nice and told me that they were going to be sending out scholarship and financial aid information within the next two or three weeks. So we have some more waiting to do....but still! At least we know when to expect them :)


Thanks for the info! Now I can stop checking my status checker for two more weeks (and I don't even know if status checker updates scholarship mailings...)


Thanks lawgirl!

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Anytime! It sounded like they were going to be sending the info via email but it was hard to tell from what she told me...

amichig
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby amichig » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Has anyone been able to find the USD Institutional Application for need-based aid? I've looked online and the form is from last year - I would imagine they need this info before putting together aid packages. Anyone?

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:Anytime! It sounded like they were going to be sending the info via email but it was hard to tell from what she told me...



did you ever hear from L&C? Im starting to get nervous that I havent heard anything from USD

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Veritas » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:25 pm

amichig wrote:Has anyone been able to find the USD Institutional Application for need-based aid? I've looked online and the form is from last year - I would imagine they need this info before putting together aid packages. Anyone?

http://www.sandiego.edu/law/documents/a ... 1final.pdf

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Still nothing from L&C! Hoping to hear something soon...It's funny how some schools admit people right away and others have to wait months even when they have great numbers. I don't get it!

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:28 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:Still nothing from L&C! Hoping to hear something soon...It's funny how some schools admit people right away and others have to wait months even when they have great numbers. I don't get it!


srsly, i heard back pretty fast from L&C

no offense, but when you were first to go DR, i thought it might be a ding (i think my numbers are higher?), but i was just resentful that i hadnt heard back yet

you think USD would at get back to SoCal applicants quick too

hopefulincal
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby hopefulincal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:40 pm

By the way, for those that probably won't qualify for need-based aid but are anxious to hear back about scholarship, I believe you don't need to fill out FAFSA in order to hear back regarding scholarship.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby CmonSD » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm

you think USD would at get back to SoCal applicants quick too[/quote]

Seriously. I live 5 mins away and I would at least like a rejection so I can move on with my life. Lol. They haven't even updated my file to include my most recent LOR that I sent in the beginning of December. It is slightly discouraging. :(

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:45 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:Still nothing from L&C! Hoping to hear something soon...It's funny how some schools admit people right away and others have to wait months even when they have great numbers. I don't get it!


srsly, i heard back pretty fast from L&C

no offense, but when you were first to go DR, i thought it might be a ding (i think my numbers are higher?), but i was just resentful that i hadnt heard back yet

you think USD would at get back to SoCal applicants quick too



I thought it might be a ding myself. Your numbers are definitely higher. That's why this whole process seems so bizarre to me. I had borderline numbers at USD and got a decision a day after going complete. I am in SoCal but it doesn't explain why you guys haven't heard back yet. Still just complete?

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:46 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:Still nothing from L&C! Hoping to hear something soon...It's funny how some schools admit people right away and others have to wait months even when they have great numbers. I don't get it!


srsly, i heard back pretty fast from L&C

no offense, but when you were first to go DR, i thought it might be a ding (i think my numbers are higher?), but i was just resentful that i hadnt heard back yet

you think USD would at get back to SoCal applicants quick too



I thought it might be a ding myself. Your numbers are definitely higher. That's why this whole process seems so bizarre to me. I had borderline numbers at USD and got a decision a day after going complete. I am in SoCal but it doesn't explain why you guys haven't heard back yet. Still just complete?


yup, complete 11/13, received 11/5

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby BruinsFan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm

CmonSD wrote:Seriously. I live 5 mins away and I would at least like a rejection so I can move on with my life. Lol. They haven't even updated my file to include my most recent LOR that I sent in the beginning of December. It is slightly discouraging.


That's EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! Even a date change would make me feel better at this rate.

I went complete mid November... that date's still there. Last time I drove by USD on the 8 I flipped it off. I think it's a new low point.

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Maybe you should send an email asking for an update on your application? That seems like wayyyy too long for you guys to be waiting. I mean...considering that I applied December 28th and went complete 1/13, DR 1/14, letter in mail 1/15.

I don't know...it just seems off.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:57 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:Maybe you should send an email asking for an update on your application? That seems like wayyyy too long for you guys to be waiting. I mean...considering that I applied December 28th and went complete 1/13, DR 1/14, letter in mail 1/15.

I don't know...it just seems off.


i think ill wait until i see some movement RE sholarship info

USDs similarly ranked friends have all offered me money, even one T1 school

so i think ill hold off a little

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby CmonSD » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 pm

BruinsFan wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Seriously. I live 5 mins away and I would at least like a rejection so I can move on with my life. Lol. They haven't even updated my file to include my most recent LOR that I sent in the beginning of December. It is slightly discouraging.


That's EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! Even a date change would make me feel better at this rate.

I went complete mid November... that date's still there. Last time I drove by USD on the 8 I flipped it off. I think it's a new low point.


Haha right. I just sent USD an email to inquire about my LOR so maybe that will force them to look at my file and hopefully make a decision.

User avatar
chameleon
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby chameleon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:13 pm

USD was one of the first ones I applied to since it's right down the street from me ... I was expecting a quick turnaround but that's not happening. Every time my blackberry buzzes with an email I have a minor heart attack. Damn you, endless Dominos email coupons, damn you.

I found a livestream of newborn puppies though and that's keeping me occupied until the mail comes :) http://www.ustream.tv/SFShiba

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

chameleon wrote:USD was one of the first ones I applied to since it's right down the street from me ... I was expecting a quick turnaround but that's not happening. Every time my blackberry buzzes with an email I have a minor heart attack. Damn you, endless Dominos email coupons, damn you.

I found a livestream of newborn puppies though and that's keeping me occupied until the mail comes :) http://www.ustream.tv/SFShiba


FYI, I didn't receive an email when my status changed to DR.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 pm

This is absolutely sickening. Complete 11/11 and absolutely NOTHING.

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm sorry guys :( I hope you get news soon!

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby km23 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:53 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:55 pm

km23 wrote:
adonai wrote:This is absolutely sickening. Complete 11/11 and absolutely NOTHING.



:( complete 11/02 and nothing. This is very annoying.


... maybe its because they want to give us scholarships with those acceptances to make up for the wait? :(

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:05 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
km23 wrote:
adonai wrote:This is absolutely sickening. Complete 11/11 and absolutely NOTHING.



:( complete 11/02 and nothing. This is very annoying.


... maybe its because they want to give us scholarships with those acceptances to make up for the wait? :(

My face lit up with a smile and then I realized I skimmed over the "maybe."

Why do you build me up, buttercup baby...just to let me down. :cry:

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Nat1018 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Im in!!! Just got the packet today!! yay!

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby mango26 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Nat1018 wrote:Im in!!! Just got the packet today!! yay!


when did you go complete?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TecumsehSherman and 8 guests