U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hopefulincal

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby hopefulincal » Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Oakley84 wrote:Who all is waiting on the part-time program? And/or who is already accepted to the part-time program and attending in the fall at USD?

I will be attending PT in fall. I think BruinsFan as well, but haven't heard about others.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 am

I would gladly give up my USD seat if it means doing so would bump me straight out of Davis's cursed wait-list and into the admit pile! :cry:

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Mon May 24, 2010 9:49 am

zeth006 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:

There are some attractive women going to USD...kinda wish I hadn't withdrawn!

That could be a problem for me. :lol:

Where ya off to?

I'm deposited at Iowa and sitting on MN and WM WL's...

JohnnyBeagle

Postby JohnnyBeagle » Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Just got a "waitlist second confirmation" email

Thank you for confirming your place on our wait-list for the 2010 entering term. We understand that many law school applicants are in the ongoing process of deciding their plans for the upcoming fall. As a result we now ask that you reconfirm your place on our wait-list so we can better assess which applicants still have interest in attending USD Law.

Please follow the link below to reconfirm your place on our wait-list. We ask that you complete the online form by Wednesday, May 26th. Failure to complete the form will result in the automatic withdrawal of your application. If you have already elected to attend another institution in the fall and would like to withdraw your name please use the form for that purpose as well.

Wait-List Second Confirmation

Thank you again for you interest in the University of San Diego School of Law.

Sincerely,

Carl J. Eging
Assistant Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid

Hopefully I'll get in

Oakley84

Postby Oakley84 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 pm

JohnnyBeagle wrote:Just got a "waitlist second confirmation" email

Thank you for confirming your place on our wait-list for the 2010 entering term. We understand that many law school applicants are in the ongoing process of deciding their plans for the upcoming fall. As a result we now ask that you reconfirm your place on our wait-list so we can better assess which applicants still have interest in attending USD Law.

Please follow the link below to reconfirm your place on our wait-list. We ask that you complete the online form by Wednesday, May 26th. Failure to complete the form will result in the automatic withdrawal of your application. If you have already elected to attend another institution in the fall and would like to withdraw your name please use the form for that purpose as well.

Sincerely,

Carl J. Eging

Hopefully I'll get in

Me too, are you waiting on PT or FT? Or both?

LKing

Postby LKing » Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Oakley84 wrote:

Sincerely,

Carl J. Eging

Hopefully I'll get in

Me three!

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Mon May 24, 2010 3:04 pm

My apologies if this has been asked and answered already but does USD give scholarships to people accepted off the waitlist? Thanks!

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm

I got that confirmation email as well.......

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 pm

According to LSN, they gave one scholarship last year and one the year before, none in the year before that. They have given none this year. LSN is self selected responses so you don't know for sure how many they give but it is fair to say "Yes, they give scholarships off of the waitlists." Good Luck.

Also the folks who got the two scholarships didn't have outstanding numbers so it may be need based or something.

jrb211

Postby jrb211 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Island Girl wrote:My apologies if this has been asked and answered already but does USD give scholarships to people accepted off the waitlist? Thanks!

I got in off the waitlist and wrote an appeal for a scholarship. I received a $15,000 a year scholarship and I had to remain in the top 50% of my class.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Mon May 24, 2010 3:19 pm

jrb211 wrote:
Island Girl wrote:My apologies if this has been asked and answered already but does USD give scholarships to people accepted off the waitlist? Thanks!

I got in off the waitlist and wrote an appeal for a scholarship. I received a $15,000 a year scholarship and I had to remain in the top 50% of my class.

Congrats! You do have good numbers for them though.

jrb211

Postby jrb211 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

If anyone wants to see an example of a scholarship appeal letter, feel free to PM me!

JohnnyBeagle

Postby JohnnyBeagle » Mon May 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Oakley84 wrote:

Sincerely,

Carl J. Eging

Hopefully I'll get in

both

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Awesomeness. Got a reply to my financial aid appeal letter. Upgraded from $23k to $22k/year for a grand total of $66k with no strings attached.

Already sent in my FAFSA and Institutional Aid form, but the assis. dean said they're required. I'm guessing he just meant those two are needed to be eligible. This isn't looking so bad at all!

hopefulincal

Postby hopefulincal » Wed May 26, 2010 3:56 pm

zeth006 wrote:Awesomeness. Got a reply to my financial aid appeal letter. Upgraded from $23k to $22k/year for a grand total of $66k with no strings attached.

Already sent in my FAFSA and Institutional Aid form, but the assis. dean said they're required. I'm guessing he just meant those two are needed to be eligible. This isn't looking so bad at all!

Congrats!

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 pm

zeth006 wrote:Awesomeness. Got a reply to my financial aid appeal letter. Upgraded from $23k to $22k/year for a grand total of $66k with no strings attached.

How long did you wait for a reply?

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed May 26, 2010 4:07 pm

hopefulincal wrote:

Congrats!

Nice. Sent a request Sunday night. I got an email this morning saying my scholarship amount was "appropriate."

Not appropriate enough to attend! Sionara, SD.

$22k/no stips going back into the pot very soon

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:08 pm

BruinsFan wrote:

How long did you wait for a reply?

Since Saturday.

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Wed May 26, 2010 4:18 pm

It looks like they are replying quickly to requests for reconsideration.

Where did everyone send their requests? lawadmissions@sandiego.edu?

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed May 26, 2010 4:21 pm

I sent mine to lawaid@sandiego.edu

response was from gofuckyourself@sandiego.edu, sorry, I mean jdinfo@sandiego.edu

rorystewart

Postby rorystewart » Wed May 26, 2010 4:24 pm

These are grants you guys are talking about? So they’re different from scholarships?

How do you qualify? Is it all based off of the EFC? But it can’t be if your FAFSA isn’t required…

Oakley84

Postby Oakley84 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:28 pm

I think it's time to let some more people in off the waitlist! Probably after June 1st? I'm guessing.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:29 pm

lame sauce, I got offered nothing, petitioned for something, got offered nothing again :x
Last edited by uwb09 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed May 26, 2010 5:49 pm

rorystewart wrote:These are grants you guys are talking about? So they’re different from scholarships?

How do you qualify? Is it all based off of the EFC? But it can’t be if your FAFSA isn’t required…

These are officially called grants, although they referred to it as a "scholarship amount" in my response. Basically, if you have a bunch of money, you don't get them. That's the only difference. But since pretty much everybody needs them, they're essentially scholarships.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Thu May 27, 2010 11:22 am

Oakley84 wrote:I think it's time to let some more people in off the waitlist! Probably after June 1st? I'm guessing.

+1000 I can't imagine PT is full already.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”