U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adonai

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 pm

still app complete 4/9/10 what the heck is going on ?!??!!? they better get these "server problems" fixed ASAP. Maybe we were all supposed to receive a decision but didn't cause of the server error.

adonai

Postby adonai » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 pm

longroad wrote:well i guess its safe to say we're rejections or acceptances then (although we already kinda knew this). if anyone lives in southern california they may get the "letter" a few of us have been waiting for. i need to know!

I am 2 hours away from SD and got nothing in the mail. If they sent it out on friday it should have been here by today. Davis's letter got here in 2 days, which is 7 hours away.

longroad

Postby longroad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:42 pm

adonai wrote:
longroad wrote:well i guess its safe to say we're rejections or acceptances then (although we already kinda knew this). if anyone lives in southern california they may get the "letter" a few of us have been waiting for. i need to know!

I am 2 hours away from SD and got nothing in the mail. If they sent it out on friday it should have been here by today. Davis's letter got here in 2 days, which is 7 hours away.

don't tell me that. i can't possibly wait until next week to get this impending letter.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 am

adonai wrote:

My status changed to 4/9 complete also, I haven't received anything in the mail and I am in San Diego. I think maybe they were trying to send out the waitlist, pulled your file and decided they had other plans for you for the moment. I hope it maybe means good things.

haylie

Postby haylie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm from Northern California. When I receive the letter from USD, whether it's an acceptance or a rejection, I'll let you guys know.

Decision Rendered 4/13/10 - No Blank Status

wed96101

Postby wed96101 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Surprisngly quiet today considering only one day till seat deposit deadline. My status is still file complete as of Jan 19, 2010. :x

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:14 pm

mail anyone?

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:28 pm

joonhp wrote:mail anyone?

Nothing. I'm starting to really believe that it is a server error and that our statuses are correct, just not the dates.

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:32 pm

wait...so ur from SD and there's nothing in your mail today? hmm..

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 pm

joonhp wrote:wait...so ur from SD and there's nothing in your mail today? hmm..

2 hours north of SD. I did however get the new issue of GQ in the mail. Should make for some good bathroom reading.

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:42 pm

I have had no change. There are people who have applied after me, even though I applied late, and have received all types of decisions. I don't know what to think. I would like to know, but I don't mind hanging around either, if it is an alternative to a rejection.

vacations

Postby vacations » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:07 pm

FWIW, I got Decision Rendered today and I went complete 1/11.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:08 pm

HAHAHA.

Anyone just get the email from USD to let admitted students know that they've received a lot of requests for deposit extensions due to accepted students wanting to see the US News rankings when they come out?

I wonder if that has anything to do with their rise in rankings? Haha.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:HAHAHA.

Anyone just get the email from USD to let admitted students know that they've received a lot of requests for deposit extensions due to accepted students wanting to see the US News rankings when they come out?

I did. The next thing I did was walked to the mailbox and took my envelope out. Might as well wait until I've heard from some more schools.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:15 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:

I did. The next thing I did was walked to the mailbox and took my envelope out. Might as well wait until I've heard from some more schools.

did the message really say that? I didn't even read it

santacruz143

Postby santacruz143 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:15 pm

+1 Thanks, USNWR!

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm

sibley wrote:

did the message really say that? I didn't even read it

It specifically said "we have had a number of requests for deposit extensions until the U.S. News Law School Rankings are published."

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Wow, even more delays for us waiters. And why? For a measly 5 spot ranking bump that won't change anything. T14-->T9 ok that says something. T61-->T56 NOTHING!!!!!
Last edited by adonai on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm

adonai wrote:

Wow, even more delays for us waiters. And why? For a measly 5 spot ranking bump that won't change anything.

well I already withdrew. apparently they haven't noticed yet, though.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:18 pm

I wrote back congratulating them on their rise...

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 pm

sibley wrote:
adonai wrote:

Wow, even more delays for us waiters. And why? For a measly 5 spot ranking bump that won't change anything.

well I already withdrew. apparently they haven't noticed yet, though.

Yeah, and they invited me to the last admitted students day even though I already went. I actually sent them an email saying my deposit should be mailed today. They could've taken me off that list... To be fair, it's a reflection of the person in charge of their email campaigns, not the school itself.

hopefulincal

Postby hopefulincal » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:32 pm

I submitted my deposit today. Imagine my delight when I saw the email a few hours later.

taw856

Postby taw856 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:42 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:To be fair, it's a reflection of the person in charge of their email campaigns, not the school itself.

I always wonder why schools don't pay more attention to little details like e-mail to/from prospective students. It seems like an easy way to attract/turn away students who have little else to go on but their first impressions when choosing between otherwise similar schools.

I mean, as another example, it doesn't help a school's cause when they send out a mass e-mail that includes the line "If there is any additional information that we can provide, please let us know by replying to this email." while they are yet to respond to a question e-mailed prior.

I also had a current student from one school (not USD) call me after I had withdrawn. I mean, nice of them I guess, but yeah...

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:44 pm

I guess I am not on any radar for them, no e-mail. I can't believe they would lower themselves to that level to let people wait. I love how everyone says the rankings suck, but the rankings are just one take on the schools. It's the way the schools/students use the rankings that sucks.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:53 pm

WWAD wrote:I guess I am not on any radar for them, no e-mail. I can't believe they would lower themselves to that level to let people wait. I love how everyone says the rankings suck, but the rankings are just one take on the schools. It's the way the schools/students use the rankings that sucks.

I contacted USF for try to negotiate scholarship with a school tied with them in rankings, and the response mentioned something offhand about how a "magazine ranking doesn't matter....". Fast-forward to today, and a reminder is sent out about deposits and proclaims it's maintenance of top 100 status.

Awesome.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”