U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby superflush » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 am

primusux wrote:Just got WL....you can't be serious USD. This whole YP issue is starting to bother me. :roll:


WL here too. Not to mention the taking forever for any response thing.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby moandersen » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:34 am

got the WL email. I wasnt planning on attending as I have been accepted at a few better schools, but I was pretty surprised about the WL. Oh well, at least it wasnt a school I was counting on. Time to withdraw.

sdlaw
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sdlaw » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:13 pm

WL via email here too... a little surprised, 164 and 3.35... better than a reject i guess

ebl96
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby ebl96 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Just got the WL email, I'm pretty bummed i can still go to Loyola or Santa Clara but USD was without a doubt the number one choice. Does anyone know realistically what the chances of being accepted are after getting the WL?

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:16 pm

how long is everyone going to wait before they just give up the waiting and go to their second or third choice school?

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Bert » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:32 pm

So, I have waited about 6 months just to officially hear "wait some more."

As for how long I plan to wait until I pull the plug, I think June 1. I got into some better ranked schools and my second deposit at these schools is due in June, so if I haven't heard from USD before I put the second deposit down, then I will not walk away from the school I committed to for USD.

Best of luck everybody.

User avatar
boardride23
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby boardride23 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Are any other TLS'ers going to USD's ASD this monday? It's getting down to decision time.... :?

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby choochoo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:48 pm

boardride23 wrote:Are any other TLS'ers going to USD's ASD this monday? It's getting down to decision time.... :?


I'll be there! Actually flew in there yesterday, drove up to Malibu to check out Pepperdine, and am heading back down to San Diego today. About 98% chance I'll be at USD next year, so I'm excited to see how ASD goes! That darn case we have to read though...

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Interesting trend with the WL. Seems like a majority of them applied late in the cycle (January and on). Hope this means they decided to give priority to early applicants...

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby usuaggie » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:55 pm

adonai wrote:Interesting trend with the WL. Seems like a majority of them applied late in the cycle (January and on). Hope this means they decided to give priority to early applicants...



I applied before thanksgiving and was put on the WL with 159/3.32, which is what I expected. I withdrew my app and I am probably going to U Oregon.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:49 pm

usuaggie wrote:
adonai wrote:Interesting trend with the WL. Seems like a majority of them applied late in the cycle (January and on). Hope this means they decided to give priority to early applicants...



I applied before thanksgiving and was put on the WL with 159/3.32, which is what I expected. I withdrew my app and I am probably going to U Oregon.

I have very, very similar numbers to you and applied a month before Thanksgiving. Didn't get the waitlist email, but I think a decision is coming in the mail cause of the status checker date change. This is one strange, crazy cycle.

For those of you who got the wailist email, does it still say "application received - file complete" as your current status on the status checker?

frecklesmclean0002
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby frecklesmclean0002 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm very flattered that USD put me on their WL but I'll have to respectfully decline. American here I come! GL to you all hope this frees up some space :D

rossoneri13
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby rossoneri13 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:32 pm

adonai wrote:
usuaggie wrote:
adonai wrote:Interesting trend with the WL. Seems like a majority of them applied late in the cycle (January and on). Hope this means they decided to give priority to early applicants...



I applied before thanksgiving and was put on the WL with 159/3.32, which is what I expected. I withdrew my app and I am probably going to U Oregon.

I have very, very similar numbers to you and applied a month before Thanksgiving. Didn't get the waitlist email, but I think a decision is coming in the mail cause of the status checker date change. This is one strange, crazy cycle.

For those of you who got the wailist email, does it still say "application received - file complete" as your current status on the status checker?


Are you expecting a rejection? I'm pretty sure at this point in the cycle they'd email you if any real decision besides a flat out rejection was made on your application. The date change most likely means more waiting.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby adonai » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:48 pm

rossoneri13 wrote:
Are you expecting a rejection? I'm pretty sure at this point in the cycle they'd email you if any real decision besides a flat out rejection was made on your application. The date change most likely means more waiting.

I was expecting at least a WL, considering I have #s comparable to those who got WL yesterday. And yeah, I was expecting the same thing about the flat out rejection and them notifying me ASAP if there was a more positive decision.

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby Foosters Galore » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:57 pm

So I clicked the button that said I'd willing to be in the flex program. Does anyone have any idea what I just agreed to?

User avatar
quickquestionthanks
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby quickquestionthanks » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:So I clicked the button that said I'd willing to be in the flex program. Does anyone have any idea what I just agreed to?



Yeah, the Flex program has classes that start later...like 12pm I think. They don't finish until about 7pm. I'm not sure about whether there are Friday classes. I think maybe not...

On ASD, my tour ran into a student who is in it, he said he liked it overall. The drawbacks were that you end up being at school until past sundown, which just feels kinda shitty, and that there are occasionally on campus events you can't attend (though they are getting better at minimizing that).

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby superflush » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:So I clicked the button that said I'd willing to be in the flex program. Does anyone have any idea what I just agreed to?


I clicked it to. It sounds good to me.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby superflush » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:48 pm

ebl96 wrote:Just got the WL email, I'm pretty bummed i can still go to Loyola or Santa Clara but USD was without a doubt the number one choice. Does anyone know realistically what the chances of being accepted are after getting the WL?


It usually varies from year-to-year.
Will probably depend on how much pull-through they have with students they've accepted already.

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby phoenix323 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Waitlisted. Just withdrew. GL to everyone! :D

CTPhIst
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby CTPhIst » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:53 am

Well that makes me pretty nervous, having not heard back from them yet!

OrcinusOrcas
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 am

Wow, seeing all the numbers of those waitlisted makes me realize how this is more than just a numbers game. It seems like people with really high numbers for USD applied this year, although with record numbers of applicants at schools all over the place it's not too surprising. My numbers were not really THAT much higher than some of the waitlisted TLS'ers I've seen posted on this thread (3.5/162, applied/complete in November) and I got accepted in early January.

Either way, I hope all those on the waitlist get in to one of their top choices! I remember how much it sucked to find out I was waitlisted at Hastings when it was my first choice.

sdlaw
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sdlaw » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:49 am

adonai wrote:Interesting trend with the WL. Seems like a majority of them applied late in the cycle (January and on). Hope this means they decided to give priority to early applicants...


I definitely applied very late in the cycle. I didn't submit my personal statement until march so I'm not super surprised to be waitlisted but still hoping for the best. If not I'll be applying first thing next cycle and trying to get some scholly money

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 am

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Wow, seeing all the numbers of those waitlisted makes me realize how this is more than just a numbers game. It seems like people with really high numbers for USD applied this year, although with record numbers of applicants at schools all over the place it's not too surprising. My numbers were not really THAT much higher than some of the waitlisted TLS'ers I've seen posted on this thread (3.5/162, applied/complete in November) and I got accepted in early January.

Either way, I hope all those on the waitlist get in to one of their top choices! I remember how much it sucked to find out I was waitlisted at Hastings when it was my first choice.


For 95% of applicants it is just a numbers game...You just forgot the other number: 1. LSAT 2. GPA 3. Date Application Sent***

dalancas
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby dalancas » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:24 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Wow, seeing all the numbers of those waitlisted makes me realize how this is more than just a numbers game. It seems like people with really high numbers for USD applied this year, although with record numbers of applicants at schools all over the place it's not too surprising. My numbers were not really THAT much higher than some of the waitlisted TLS'ers I've seen posted on this thread (3.5/162, applied/complete in November) and I got accepted in early January.

Either way, I hope all those on the waitlist get in to one of their top choices! I remember how much it sucked to find out I was waitlisted at Hastings when it was my first choice.


For 95% of applicants it is just a numbers game...You just forgot the other number: 1. LSAT 2. GPA 3. Date Application Sent***


I disagree with you on this one. From the very beginning, it appeared as though USD accepted people purely on numbers. As a result -though late February, you saw these crazy two week application turnarounds for applicants with good numbers.

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:49 pm

dalancas wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Wow, seeing all the numbers of those waitlisted makes me realize how this is more than just a numbers game. It seems like people with really high numbers for USD applied this year, although with record numbers of applicants at schools all over the place it's not too surprising. My numbers were not really THAT much higher than some of the waitlisted TLS'ers I've seen posted on this thread (3.5/162, applied/complete in November) and I got accepted in early January.

Either way, I hope all those on the waitlist get in to one of their top choices! I remember how much it sucked to find out I was waitlisted at Hastings when it was my first choice.


For 95% of applicants it is just a numbers game...You just forgot the other number: 1. LSAT 2. GPA 3. Date Application Sent***


I disagree with you on this one. From the very beginning, it appeared as though USD accepted people purely on numbers. As a result -though late February, you saw these crazy two week application turnarounds for applicants with good numbers.


Just saying that those with decent numbers (but not exceptional numbers) have a tendency to do worse the later they apply. This may be especially true this year with the increase in applications.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Google Adsense [Bot], mccracal, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests