U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sneakpreview

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby sneakpreview » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Anyone else get a "Decision Rendered" on their status checker today? I'm assuming this is a wave of waitlists or dings?

Trifles

Postby Trifles » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:51 pm

sneakpreview wrote:Anyone else get a "Decision Rendered" on their status checker today? I'm assuming this is a wave of waitlists or dings?

I didn't get decision rendered, so maybe it was the wave of last minute acceptances and I didn't get one...

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:54 pm

sneakpreview wrote:Anyone else get a "Decision Rendered" on their status checker today? I'm assuming this is a wave of waitlists or dings?

Nope..Same ole "application received- file complete". They don't seem to send decisions out in waves. It is more like very slow trickling that is kind of making me go crazy. Good to know someone is working in the office though.

Temka

Postby Temka » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Seems like your the only lucky one here.

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:04 pm

I got excited and checked, but this was all that I saw:

Current Status: Application Received - File Complete
Current Status Date: 1/20/2010

sizzle04

Postby sizzle04 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:29 pm

someone on LSN was accepted 4/6/10.

sneakpreview

Postby sneakpreview » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I hope it's an acceptance!

I'd be shocked if I got in though. I'm a USD alumnus and URM with decent softs (age, graduate work, etc.), but my 2.99 UGPA and 151 LSAT certainly make it a long shot.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

sneakpreview wrote:I hope it's an acceptance!

I'd be shocked if I got in though. I'm a USD alumnus and URM with decent softs (age, graduate work, etc.), but my 2.99 UGPA and 151 LSAT certainly make it a long shot.

Good Luck!

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:56 pm

I got excited/hopeful and checked as well. Still:

Current Status: Application Received - File Complete
Current Status Date: 10/27/2009

azb

Postby azb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 am

I applied in November and have not heard a word from San Diego and my status has not changed since. I called the admission office yesterday to see if it means a waitlist or rejection. Guess what my answer was!!! The lady said that it does not mean neither rejection nor waitlist. I assume that they have not got to my file yet despite the fact I went complete in November. Do not they know some schools have their first deposit due in April???

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

I think it is BS that they can play games like this. There should be a timeline for admissions that is clearer and more strictly adhered to (whether or not the decision is Yes, No, or Maybe). The ultimate result of this delayed admission decision is that other schools and other students are affected and I don't think that it is fair to all involved in the process. I still have about five schools I am waiting to hear from (all been complete since October) and will most likely be accepting at least one offer at a school that I know I will subsequently rescind once I hear from the rest of my schools. This sucks and I feel bad holding spots from people and further contributing to the problem, but I guess the games that some schools are playing is the root cause of me having to do this. I can not make an informed decision about my future when some pieces of information are not available.

azb

Postby azb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:56 am

Bert wrote:I think it is BS that they can play games like this. There should be a timeline for admissions that is clearer and more strictly adhered to (whether or not the decision is Yes, No, or Maybe). The ultimate result of this delayed admission decision is that other schools and other students are affected and I don't think that it is fair to all involved in the process. I still have about five schools I am waiting to hear from (all been complete since October) and will most likely be accepting at least one offer at a school that I know I will subsequently rescind once I hear from the rest of my schools. This sucks and I feel bad holding spots from people and further contributing to the problem, but I guess the games that some schools are playing is the root cause of me having to do this. I can not make an informed decision about my future when some pieces of information are not available.

100% agree with you
They could have atleast send an email or change the status to something like waitlist. But when I talked to admission yesterday, she said it does not mean neither acceptance nor waitlist nor rejection. I am wondering what it means?!!!!

roguey

Postby roguey » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:14 am

azb wrote:
Bert wrote:I think it is BS that they can play games like this. There should be a timeline for admissions that is clearer and more strictly adhered to (whether or not the decision is Yes, No, or Maybe). The ultimate result of this delayed admission decision is that other schools and other students are affected and I don't think that it is fair to all involved in the process. I still have about five schools I am waiting to hear from (all been complete since October) and will most likely be accepting at least one offer at a school that I know I will subsequently rescind once I hear from the rest of my schools. This sucks and I feel bad holding spots from people and further contributing to the problem, but I guess the games that some schools are playing is the root cause of me having to do this. I can not make an informed decision about my future when some pieces of information are not available.

100% agree with you
They could have atleast send an email or change the status to something like waitlist. But when I talked to admission yesterday, she said it does not mean neither acceptance nor waitlist nor rejection. I am wondering what it means?!!!!

Man, that really sucks. I'm sorry. I already withdrew, but it doesn't seem like that helped you much :( It seems like there are several schools doing this. I applied around the end of january to all my schools, and I got decisions on most of them before some people who applied 2-3 months earlier with similar stats. I am only waiting on 4 schools, 1 of which has already called me to let me know what is going on. One asked me for an addendum and has been dead ever since. The other two are notorious for being slower than Christmas, but they pretty much give out decisions in the order they receive applications.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 pm

azb wrote:

100% agree with you

It means they want to continue crushing every ounce of hope left in you each time that stupid status checker continues to reads "application received-file complete." But seriously, the latest PT acceptances are hoovering right around my stats and it is literally killing me. 3 Weeks and it should all be over....right?

ihatethelsat

Postby ihatethelsat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:14 pm

[list=][/list]
I just got in PT, not sure if I can go because I have to decide by April 15th, ugh. Nice place though, beautiful campus and PB is pretty sweet.

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 pm

ihatethelsat wrote:[list=][/list]
I just got in PT, not sure if I can go because I have to decide by April 15th, ugh. Nice place though, beautiful campus and PB is pretty sweet.

They just accepted you and still gave you an April 15th deadline? How nice of them.

star10

Postby star10 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Withdrew yesterday...I really liked the school and I'm bummed that I won't be in sunny SD but decided to stick closer to family.

Good luck everyone still waiting

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Withdrew with 15k a year, good luck hope one of you get the $.

Side note: wasn't easy turning down the San Diego, but like Miami, if I went there I'd get no studying done.

superflush

Postby superflush » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:17 am

azb wrote:I applied in November and have not heard a word from San Diego and my status has not changed since. I called the admission office yesterday to see if it means a waitlist or rejection. Guess what my answer was!!! The lady said that it does not mean neither rejection nor waitlist. I assume that they have not got to my file yet despite the fact I went complete in November. Do not they know some schools have their first deposit due in April???

Oh they know. They just don't care and are not concerned about it at all.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 pm

superflush wrote:
azb wrote:I applied in November and have not heard a word from San Diego and my status has not changed since. I called the admission office yesterday to see if it means a waitlist or rejection. Guess what my answer was!!! The lady said that it does not mean neither rejection nor waitlist. I assume that they have not got to my file yet despite the fact I went complete in November. Do not they know some schools have their first deposit due in April???

Oh they know. They just don't care and are not concerned about it at all.

Every school is like this. The system has to be fixed. There needs to be a standardized deposit system and notification deadline. It would make life easier for them and us.

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Anyone have a blank status? :shock: I thought I was looking at my UW status or something (for those who didn't apply to UW, their statuses go blank when decisions are rendered).

jrb211

Postby jrb211 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:31 pm

KIM_SAYS: wrote:Anyone have a blank status? :shock: I thought I was looking at my UW status or something (for those who didn't apply to UW, their statuses go blank when decisions are rendered).

Yah, mine also went blank. I wonder what that means??

km23

Postby km23 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm

jrb211 wrote:
KIM_SAYS: wrote:Anyone have a blank status? :shock: I thought I was looking at my UW status or something (for those who didn't apply to UW, their statuses go blank when decisions are rendered).

Yah, mine also went blank. I wonder what that means??

+1

GoDucks85

Postby GoDucks85 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:52 pm

+1... did this happen to people earlier in the cycle, or did it say "Decision Rendered" or something similar instead of just going blank?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”