U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
erico

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby erico » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:18 pm

uwb09 wrote:
gobears09 wrote:
taw856 wrote:
sneakpreview wrote:The bulk of the notifications will be made in April.

They do realize a lot of other schools have April 1 deposit deadlines, right?

What schools have April 1st deposit deadlines? I thought most were April 30 or May 1

all of mine so far are april 15th

usd is 4/15. santa clara is 4/1.

algren

Postby algren » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:33 pm

uwb09 wrote:
gobears09 wrote:
taw856 wrote:
sneakpreview wrote:The bulk of the notifications will be made in April.

They do realize a lot of other schools have April 1 deposit deadlines, right?

What schools have April 1st deposit deadlines? I thought most were April 30 or May 1

all of mine so far are april 15th

Couple of mine are April 1st. And not cheap :-(

OrcinusOrcas

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Speaking of the first seat deposit...has anyone made theirs to USD yet?

>insert witty name<

Postby >insert witty name< » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Speaking of the first seat deposit...has anyone made theirs to USD yet?

I'm wondering what to do about that from a strategic standpoint.... I haven't gotten any scholly info yet, but I keep thinking that as soon as I send in the deposit they will have less of an incentive to give me a good scholarship offer. does anyone think this matters? I'll probably end up sending the deposit in one way or another to keep the USD option open, but I'm just wondering if it would make a difference to do it now or last second... thoughts?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:50 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Speaking of the first seat deposit...has anyone made theirs to USD yet?

I'm wondering what to do about that from a strategic standpoint.... I haven't gotten any scholly info yet, but I keep thinking that as soon as I send in the deposit they will have less of an incentive to give me a good scholarship offer. does anyone think this matters? I'll probably end up sending the deposit in one way or another to keep the USD option open, but I'm just wondering if it would make a difference to do it now or last second... thoughts?

I would wait until you really need to.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Why wouldn't you just wait? You don't lose anything by waiting, and gain nothing by sending your deposit in now.

>insert witty name<

Postby >insert witty name< » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:

Why wouldn't you just wait? You don't lose anything by waiting, and gain nothing by sending your deposit in now.

good point. i shall wait. :)

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 pm

I have been complete for the PT program since 11/24... any indication on what this means? Does the school not have a wait list?

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 am

Is the USD website down? I have not been able to log in to see my status checker today.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 am

phoenix323 wrote:Is the USD website down? I have not been able to log in to see my status checker today.

Thanks!

No. I've checked it about three times today. :oops:

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 am

Charles Barkley wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:Is the USD website down? I have not been able to log in to see my status checker today.

Thanks!

Hmmm. Thanks!

BTW, it's nice to meet a fellow OSC (obsessive status checker)! How ya doin? :wink:

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:28 am

phoenix323 wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:

Thanks!

Hmmm. Thanks!

BTW, it's nice to meet a fellow OSC (obsessive status checker)! How ya doin? :wink:

Haha, doing well. San Diego is pretty much the last school I'm waiting to hear back from before I make my decision. I wish they would hurry up. :(

You?

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:28 am

So weird. I am trying to get on to USD's website and it keeps giving me an error message.

Does USD hate me? :(

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:30 am

phoenix323 wrote:So weird. I am trying to get on to USD's website and it keeps giving me an error message.

The website or the status checker page?

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:30 am

Charles Barkley wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:

Thanks!

Hmmm. Thanks!

Haha, doing well. San Diego is pretty much the last school I'm waiting to hear back from before I make my decision. I wish they would hurry up. :(

You?

Well I decided to be super-cool and applied to 26 schools. I have heard back from 8 and seat deposits are coming up. I fail.

How'd your cycle go?

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 am

Charles Barkley wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:So weird. I am trying to get on to USD's website and it keeps giving me an error message.

The website or the status checker page?

Both.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:33 am

Pretty well. Rejected at UCLA / Georgetown. In everywhere else, highest school being Emory. I'm considering Tulane (I'm from New Orleans), San Diego, Miami, and Arizona. Got significant scholarships at all of those, excluding San Diego, of course. I applied to 20 schools so I'm not far behind you :oops:

I'm getting stressed about these seat deposits approaching..

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:37 am

Charles Barkley wrote:Pretty well. Rejected at UCLA / Georgetown. In everywhere else, highest school being Emory. I'm considering Tulane (I'm from New Orleans), San Diego, Miami, and Arizona. Got significant scholarships at all of those, excluding San Diego, of course. I applied to 20 schools so I'm not far behind you :oops:

Wow! Congrats on all your acceptances (scholly money!! I'm so jealous :oops: ) I've heard a lot of great things about Emory! At least you've got you it narrowed down to a few schools. It's still a hard decision to make. I hope I hear from some schools this week...

I don't wanna put in multiple seat deposits.... :cry:

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:38 am

phoenix323 wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:Pretty well. Rejected at UCLA / Georgetown. In everywhere else, highest school being Emory. I'm considering Tulane (I'm from New Orleans), San Diego, Miami, and Arizona. Got significant scholarships at all of those, excluding San Diego, of course. I applied to 20 schools so I'm not far behind you :oops:

Wow! Congrats on all your acceptances (scholly money!! I'm so jealous :oops: ) I've heard a lot of great things about Emory! At least you've got you it narrowed down to a few schools. It's still a hard decision to make. I hope I hear from some schools this week...

I don't want to either... But I think I will have to put down two deposits. What are your top choice(s)?

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:42 am

Charles Barkley wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:

I don't want to either... But I think I will have to put down two deposits. What are your top choice(s)?

UIUC (Waitlisted), Wisconsin (Pending), BC or BU (Pending), American (Accepted), Fordham (Pending), Hastings (Pending)

A lot of these are reaches for me, but I am thinking positive thoughts!

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Emailed them my change of address....they updated it, but incorrectly. Called to fix it and admissions transferred me to the registrar before I even finished my sentence as to why I was calling. The registrar was so confused as to why they transferred me to her that she transferred me to undergraduate admissions, who then finally transferred me back to law school admissions. I spoke with a different lady than the first time and she was able to fix it, but o man. I <3 USD, but they do seem quite flustered at the moment. sigh.
Last edited by CmonSD on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crzyduck86

Postby Crzyduck86 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:40 pm

I can't take the wait anymore this is getting rediculous!!! I think im in a very strange spot however because my numbers are 2.7 with a 165. Anyone with similar numbers get accepted? :(

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:56 pm

omg omg omg! My status checker isn't working. How on Earth will I spend my day now..................... :oops:

CAHopeful

Postby CAHopeful » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Crzyduck86 wrote:I can't take the wait anymore this is getting rediculous!!! I think im in a very strange spot however because my numbers are 2.7 with a 165. Anyone with similar numbers get accepted? :(

How long have you been complete? I'm tired of waiting, too! But I've only been complete since mid-Jan., so maybe I'm being unreasonably impatient?

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm

No seriously, is anyone else having an issue with USD's website?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”