U of San Diego Fall 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
usuaggie

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Postby usuaggie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:30 pm

still app complete, thank you from 11/22 or something

taw856

Postby taw856 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:08 pm

usuaggie wrote:still app complete, thank you from 11/22 or something

I haven't been waiting nearly as long, but still kinda stunned how long it's taking...

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm assuming that you have called about that? What did they tell you?
taw856 wrote:
usuaggie wrote:still app complete, thank you from 11/22 or something

I haven't been waiting nearly as long, but still kinda stunned how long it's taking...

taw856

Postby taw856 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:21 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:I'm assuming that you have called about that? What did they tell you?

Nah, I haven't. Trying to be patient and remind myself I didn't think I'd hear before March until everyone else started letting me know a month ahead of when I expected.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

taw856 wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:I'm assuming that you have called about that? What did they tell you?

Nah, I haven't. Trying to be patient and remind myself I didn't think I'd hear before March until everyone else started letting me know a month ahead of when I expected.

No fun. I hate the waiting game. Especially when I know I'm an easy reject for some of the schools I've applied to.

(Not that that includes USD, I haven't quite decided where I could stand with them.)

bissey

Postby bissey » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:08 am

I was about to complain about waiting for a month, but that would pale in comparison to waiting for 5 months like some of you. Hope we hear soon.

dalancas

Postby dalancas » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:24 am

Yeah, I went complete on 11/19 and still have heard nothing from U of San Diego. I applied to Loyola and San Diego right after each other too. I heard from Loyola over a month and a half ago. I guess someone wants me more than the other. I did my undergrad at UCSD so USD has an edge in the comfort department, but it is becoming harder and harder to keep my attraction when they are obviously delaying considering my application until every 160+ with a pulse has applied, gone complete, and given a decision.

It looks like they did the same thing last year to lower LSAT scores as well.

krissyyyum

Postby krissyyyum » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 am

I was accepted early February but still haven't gotten any scholly news. Anyone else in the same boat? I wonder if I should just call to see if I'm getting any money at all or just wait and see. Now that I'm writing this, my curiosity is getting the best of me... i'm calling Monday! Although, 3 years in San Diego is SO appealing, they'd have to give me a lot of money to offset their pricey tuition. USD, why you gots to be so expensive?!

GrayArea

Postby GrayArea » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:36 am

krissyyyum wrote:I was accepted early February but still haven't gotten any scholly news. Anyone else in the same boat? I wonder if I should just call to see if I'm getting any money at all or just wait and see. Now that I'm writing this, my curiosity is getting the best of me... i'm calling Monday! Although, 3 years in San Diego is SO appealing, they'd have to give me a lot of money to offset their pricey tuition. USD, why you gots to be so expensive?!

I can save you some time. I went to the ASD and asked this and the answer is that they are not giving any more money out until more people withdraw. So as of now they are just watching the class or sending out offers they decided on already. They said they expect more offers to go out late March/early April as people finalize their school decisions.

dalancas

Postby dalancas » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:51 am

GrayArea wrote:
krissyyyum wrote:I was accepted early February but still haven't gotten any scholly news. Anyone else in the same boat? I wonder if I should just call to see if I'm getting any money at all or just wait and see. Now that I'm writing this, my curiosity is getting the best of me... i'm calling Monday! Although, 3 years in San Diego is SO appealing, they'd have to give me a lot of money to offset their pricey tuition. USD, why you gots to be so expensive?!

I can save you some time. I went to the ASD and asked this and the answer is that they are not giving any more money out until more people withdraw. So as of now they are just watching the class or sending out offers they decided on already. They said they expect more offers to go out late March/early April as people finalize their school decisions.

I knew it! San Diego seems to be more ambitious in their acceptance offers than most other schools...

StoneontaState

Postby StoneontaState » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:53 pm

So for anyone who has visited the campus, have they mentioned anything about on-campus housing for law students (Like the probability of getting on-campus housing)?

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:54 am

In!

162/3.2

Applied: Jan. 30th
Complete: Feb. 13th
Decision Sent: March 4th
Received: March 8th

It's my first response, but my LORs took a while, so I didn't go complete at a lot of schools until a couple weeks ago. Still not complete at Davis...grrrr!!

KIM_SAYS:

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:04 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:In!

162/3.2

It's my first response, but my LORs took a while, so I didn't go complete at a lot of schools until a couple weeks ago. Still not complete at Davis...grrrr!!

There was no in review status between complete and decision sent?

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 am

162/3.2

Don't hold your breath for davis....

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 am

KIM_SAYS: wrote:

162/3.2

There was no in review status between complete and decision sent?

Not that I recall...and I was pretty diligent about my status checking :) Come to think of it, the Decision Rendered status took me by a bit of a shock because there was no in between phase.

Don't hold my breath b/c of numbers or just because they're slower than molasses?

sneakpreview

Postby sneakpreview » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 am

I talked to admissions on Friday. The bulk of the notifications will be made in April.

I'm a USD alumnus and have been complete since November. Waiting sucks.

taw856

Postby taw856 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 am

sneakpreview wrote:The bulk of the notifications will be made in April.

They do realize a lot of other schools have April 1 deposit deadlines, right?

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:37 am

taw856 wrote:

Guess they don't care :oops:

adonai

Postby adonai » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:39 am

taw856 wrote:

They already made quite enough offers of acceptance, albeit to numbers way out of their league. I think they are pressing their luck and trying to see who decides to attend at the deposit deadline and then adjust from there. I guess that 10 spot bump in the US rankings last year is making them greedy.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:46 am

adonai wrote:
taw856 wrote:

They already made quite enough offers of acceptance, albeit to numbers way out of their league. I think they are pressing their luck and trying to see who decides to attend at the deposit deadline and then adjust from there. I guess that 10 spot bump in the US rankings last year is making them greedy.

There's such a glut of applicants, I think every school is hoping to shift up a few digits. I watched a video of the former LSAC president that someone on here posted, and he referred to '93 as a big year for law school admissions. Now clearly, he's the type of person to remember that, but hopefully others will remember our cycle as being an incredibly competitive one. Like how people say "oh it's a '97!" in regards to bottles of Napa wine.

sundaynightdelite

Postby sundaynightdelite » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:34 am

StoneontaState wrote:So for anyone who has visited the campus, have they mentioned anything about on-campus housing for law students (Like the probability of getting on-campus housing)?

You can get on campus housing, most likely at Manchester Village, right up until you start classes. It is relatively expensive, and on the other side of campus, but there is a tram and it is a great way to meet undergrads.

StoneontaState

Postby StoneontaState » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:17 am

sundaynightdelite wrote:
StoneontaState wrote:So for anyone who has visited the campus, have they mentioned anything about on-campus housing for law students (Like the probability of getting on-campus housing)?

You can get on campus housing, most likely at Manchester Village, right up until you start classes. It is relatively expensive, and on the other side of campus, but there is a tram and it is a great way to meet undergrads.

Cool thanks man. I just checked it out on their website, seems pretty nice. Now all I have to do is get admitted! :lol:

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:
taw856 wrote:

Guess they don't care :oops:

This is pretty ridiculous. Especially for people who have been complete for a while.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 pm

taw856 wrote:

What schools have April 1st deposit deadlines? I thought most were April 30 or May 1

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 pm

gobears09 wrote:
taw856 wrote:

What schools have April 1st deposit deadlines? I thought most were April 30 or May 1

all of mine so far are april 15th

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”