U of San Diego Fall 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scuzle

Bronze

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Post by scuzle » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:59 pm

DR 4/12 Mail Sent 4/13 Declined today. Looks like headed to McGeorge! Good luck to everyone else!

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

pez0182

New

Post by pez0182 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Rejected DR 4/13. Kinda surprised since I saw people on LSN get waitlisted with lower numbers. Oh well, moving on.

wh3931110

New

Post by wh3931110 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:12 pm

guess I should prepare for a rejection... looks like anyone who still has not heard is in better shape

longroad

New

Post by longroad » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:42 pm

4/13 DR, rejected today via snail mail. Best of luck to everyone with their cycles.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 pm

i'm really starting to wonder what it means that i haven't gone DR, no waitlist, no rejection. just complete for 7 months. wtf USD

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 pm

twert wrote:i'm really starting to wonder what it means that i haven't gone DR, no waitlist, no rejection. just complete for 7 months. wtf USD
+1

I wonder if they have actually finished reviewing their apps. I think they are really looking at soft factors cause LSN indicates that lots of #s that got rejected recently or waitlisted got accepted as well. The #s are all across the board. Maybe they're holding onto us and we made the first cut. Seems we both applied around the same time and it is giving us the benefit of the doubt so far, although it could just be an even bigger let down. The deposit extension to the 30th doesn't help either, and it irritates me that the school could just give in to popular demand like that cause of the foolish USNews rankings. I wonder if a bunch of the rejected people demanded to be accepted they would give in as well.

jpla

New

Post by jpla » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:38 pm

ive been complete since 1/29.

i called the admissions office yesterday and they said the bulk of their responses will be going out within the next two weeks.

RickyMack

New

Post by RickyMack » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:19 pm

adonai wrote:+1

I wonder if they have actually finished reviewing their apps. I think they are really looking at soft factors cause LSN indicates that lots of #s that got rejected recently or waitlisted got accepted as well. The #s are all across the board. Maybe they're holding onto us and we made the first cut. Seems we both applied around the same time and it is giving us the benefit of the doubt so far, although it could just be an even bigger let down. The deposit extension to the 30th doesn't help either, and it irritates me that the school could just give in to popular demand like that cause of the foolish USNews rankings. I wonder if a bunch of the rejected people demanded to be accepted they would give in as well.
maybe, i had leadership positions, work with community based organizations, from lower socio-economic class(immigrant parents were rice farmers), and working full time during school to finance myself as softs just got dinged from my index numbers probably (3.06/159). hopefully you've got better index numbers so your softs can actually make a difference. two years working out of school and not even a part time offer =/

thank god i used to live in hawaii, i think that definitely helped in them actually accepting me, high cost of living does not help though haha. as a san diegan, definitely congrats and good luck to those accepted and a good luck for my fellow folks that got dinged! even if you're not a padres fan or even baseball fan i'd definitely recommend checking out a ballgame at petco park. the bar inside the stadium is pretty good and there are plenty of awesome bars RIGHT outside the stadium 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

UCSDHomie

New

Post by UCSDHomie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:43 pm

4/12 DR
4/17 Dinged letter
Ditto FML

scuzle

Bronze

Post by scuzle » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 am

adonai wrote:
twert wrote:i'm really starting to wonder what it means that i haven't gone DR, no waitlist, no rejection. just complete for 7 months. wtf USD
+1

What I have heard is that they put people into indexes based on LSAT and GPA and go to them in a descending order. However, once they have gotten to your file they might not make an initial decision. They can put your file to the side, if they like you but don't want to accept you outright, which effectively puts you on a defacto waitlist (THIS HAPPENED TO ME AT SCU STATUS SAID "2nd Review"). After they have seen other applicants then they will return. So you can take it as a positive and negative that they haven't made a decision yet. I have been waitlisted at 6 schools and only accepted at McGeorge because my softs and gpa were really good, but have a pretty mediocre LSAT. (DECLINED TONIGHT WITH 3.7 and 154). So, dont take the no decision as of yet as bad. There is still time left with the cycle and they might be trying to make a very informed decision with their last few spots. Good luck to everyone!!!! Dont Stress!!!!!!!!

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:29 am

scuzle wrote:
What I have heard is that they put people into indexes based on LSAT and GPA and go to them in a descending order. However, once they have gotten to your file they might not make an initial decision. They can put your file to the side, if they like you but don't want to accept you outright, which effectively puts you on a defacto waitlist (THIS HAPPENED TO ME AT SCU STATUS SAID "2nd Review"). After they have seen other applicants then they will return. So you can take it as a positive and negative that they haven't made a decision yet. I have been waitlisted at 6 schools and only accepted at McGeorge because my softs and gpa were really good, but have a pretty mediocre LSAT. (DECLINED TONIGHT WITH 3.7 and 154). So, dont take the no decision as of yet as bad. There is still time left with the cycle and they might be trying to make a very informed decision with their last few spots. Good luck to everyone!!!! Dont Stress!!!!!!!!
Thanks. What you said is true. It is better to be held onto longer and have a better chance to get in if there is a possibility of lots of people withdrawing by deadline time.

scuzle

Bronze

Post by scuzle » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:44 am

adonai wrote:
scuzle wrote:
Thanks. What you said is true. It is better to be held onto longer and have a better chance to get in if there is a possibility of lots of people withdrawing by deadline time.
For sure. Honestly, the longer the better to a certain extent. I would venture to guess that you will go DR Monday or Tuesday and then know by Friday or Saturday depending on your location. It does not hurt to write a continued letter of interest just incase you get on the WL, though I think they frown upon sending extra documentation prior to their decision. Just stay positive, USD is a good school, but if you excel at a school within the top 100 the expectation of a good legal career with a nice paying job is completely possible and do not let people tell you otherwise. Im pulling for all you guys!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dalancas

New

Post by dalancas » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:00 am

CmonSD wrote:
dalancas wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Waitlisted 4/16 - PT only......FML
So sorry to hear that CmonSD. I too am waitlisted, but I will tell you one thing, I am way too burned out on USD to even consider going there off the waitlist. Also the fact that they are now tied with Loyola at 56! ;-) I wish everyone who also got waitlisted or rejected the best of luck!
Aw thanks! Good luck to you too! Do you know where you are headed? I am so burnt out as well by this whole cycle that I may just go get my MBA or MPH instead. lol.
Loyola. Yeah that might be a good idea, and I definitely know how you feel!

wswalt

New

Post by wswalt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Would anyone that has been rejected in the last few days care to share their numbers?

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Passed by the campus while I was in San Diego this weekend, WOW. Beautiful campus and San Diego is a great city. Not gonna lie, kina made me re-think my decision to withdraw.

jamesc760

New

Post by jamesc760 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 am

Waitlisted 04/16

*edited* PT only

Been six months since file complete! I was a borderline case; 155 LSAT, great softs though.

Good luck to everyone!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jamesc760

New

Post by jamesc760 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:06 am

km23 wrote:
rossoneri13 wrote:
haylie wrote:
rossoneri13 wrote:Just got dinged. Kinda surprised, but whatever, guess I'll be moving up north a ways. Good luck to the rest of you folks.
are you 4/13 decision rendered?
yep
I'm sorry :(

Does anyone know if they send decisions in batches (like all acceptances on a certain day, all waitlists on another, etc.)? Did anyone else have a 4/14 DR? I am still waiting, but it looks like it might come tomorrow
Judging by the activity level here, I'd say they're handing out decision by the bunches now...

scuzle

Bronze

Post by scuzle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 am

wswalt wrote:Would anyone that has been rejected in the last few days care to share their numbers?
3.69, 154 really really good softs

bebesu

New

Post by bebesu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Looks like they published 2009 employment stats:

http://www.sandiego.edu/law/careers/stu ... t_data.php

Very nice! A substantial improvement over 2008 actually.

wswalt

New

Post by wswalt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Decision Rendered today. I am hoping to at least get waitlisted, but I won't be surprised by anything. This has been a strange cycle.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

moe

New

Post by moe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:54 pm

decision rendered today for me as well...

seems like everyone's been getting dinged or waitlisted lately.. i'm skurred!

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Still waiting --ImageRemoved--

scuzle

Bronze

Post by scuzle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 pm

moe wrote:decision rendered today for me as well...

seems like everyone's been getting dinged or waitlisted lately.. i'm skurred!

Don't be scared! No is the worst it can be and I am sure that you will do well at any law school you attend! Keep your chin up.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:Still waiting --ImageRemoved--
Mr Barkley,

I am still waiting as well, when did you apply/go complete? I went complete on 2/25.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”