U of San Diego Fall 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CmonSD

Bronze

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Post by CmonSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:10 am

StoneontaState wrote:
barrel_bra wrote:The majority of acceptances have been sent out...Leaving mostly wait-lists and rejections.

If you're holding out for USD, it would be in your best interest to have a back-up plan just in case.
^^^ This. Which is unbelievable to me because I have better stats than people who were accepted last year and already this year. If you look at LSN pretty much everyone who received their decisions after April 1st last year was a waitlist or reject. I've decided to move on. F this school.
Not true. I few 157-160 people got in around the 24 of April and those that were borderline waitlisted were accepted around may 1. You have to read peoples' profiles in a sort of creeper status way.... I will have hope until there is no hope left. I refuse to move out of SD.....or go to one of the other two schools....USD I <3 you so show me some love. kthanxbye.
Last edited by CmonSD on Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

motedust

Bronze

Post by motedust » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 am

CmonSD wrote:
StoneontaState wrote:
barrel_bra wrote:The majority of acceptances have been sent out...Leaving mostly wait-lists and rejections.

If you're holding out for USD, it would be in your best interest to have a back-up plan just in case.
^^^ This. Which is unbelievable to me because I have better stats than people who were accepted last year and already this year. If you look at LSN pretty much everyone who received their decisions after April 1st last year was a waitlist or reject. I've decided to move on. F this school.
Not true. I few 157-160 people got in around the 24 of April and those that were borderline waitlisted were accepted around may 1. You have to read peoples' profiles in a sort of creeper status way.... I will have hope until there is not hope left. I refuse to move out of SD.....or go to one of the other two schools....USD I <3 you so show me some love. kthanxbye.
Haha it would be hard to leave SD. You in undergrad? State? Go in to visit if you haven't already. good luck.

cjgabbard

New

Post by cjgabbard » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 am

CmonSD wrote:
StoneontaState wrote:

Not true. I few 157-160 people got in around the 24 of April and those that were borderline waitlisted were accepted around may 1. You have to read peoples' profiles in a sort of creeper status way.... I will have hope until there is no hope left. I refuse to move out of SD.....or go to one of the other two schools....USD I <3 you so show me some love. kthanxbye.

I feel exactly the same way you do. I dont want to leave SD, and I really dont want to go to Cal Western (even though the full ride is nice). I thought my 170 would get me in, but it looks like that 20 spot jump for USD last year has really gotten to their heads. Looks like I will have to fight to get in off the wait list.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:30 am

cjgabbard wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
StoneontaState wrote:

I feel exactly the same way you do. I dont want to leave SD, and I really dont want to go to Cal Western (even though the full ride is nice). I thought my 170 would get me in, but it looks like that 20 spot jump for USD last year has really gotten to their heads. Looks like I will have to fight to get in off the wait list.
When did you apply? You better get in or there is no hope for me. lol.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:35 am

motedust wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
StoneontaState wrote:

Not true. I few 157-160 people got in around the 24 of April and those that were borderline waitlisted were accepted around may 1. You have to read peoples' profiles in a sort of creeper status way.... I will have hope until there is not hope left. I refuse to move out of SD.....or go to one of the other two schools....USD I <3 you so show me some love. kthanxbye.
Haha it would be hard to leave SD. You in undergrad? State? Go in to visit if you haven't already. good luck.
No I moved here after I finished undergrad up in SLO. I do have an awesome apt (w/ a year lease...opps), job and a man who is stuck here in SD....SOOOOo I don't really want to give up my entire life unless I will be going to a better school than is available here. I guess we will see come April and if not, bring it on LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cjgabbard

New

Post by cjgabbard » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:39 am

CmonSD wrote:
cjgabbard wrote:
CmonSD wrote:

I was complete 11/24... so we are going on 4 months here.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:45 am

cjgabbard wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
cjgabbard wrote:
CmonSD wrote:

I was complete 11/24... so we are going on 4 months here.
Hmm I applied the exact same day....I wonder what they did with them......

barrel_bra

New

Post by barrel_bra » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 pm

To hold out could mean multiple seat deposits, or risking not getting in anywhere.

Just don't know if I'm willing to play that game of potential seat roulette.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:39 pm

barrel_bra wrote:To hold out could mean multiple seat deposits, or risking not getting in anywhere.

Just don't know if I'm willing to play that game of potential seat roulette.
I love roulette.....but I ALWAYS lose. Maybe I should take that as a sign?? lol. Good luck to you though!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:57 pm

I went complete 1/20 with a 2.75. 169. I realize nothing is a sure thing with a splitter, but I viewed USD as a borderline safety school. Instead it looks like ill be getting the WL. Amazing how one can be WLed at a t-20 and a lower end t2.

cjgabbard

New

Post by cjgabbard » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:I went complete 1/20 with a 2.75. 169. I realize nothing is a sure thing with a splitter, but I viewed USD as a borderline safety school. Instead it looks like ill be getting the WL. Amazing how one can be WLed at a t-20 and a lower end t2.
It is a crap shoot with us splitters Fosters. I am a 170/2.8 and I broke into the top 20 with WUSTL, but it looks like it is the wait list for us at USD.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:34 pm

cjgabbard wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:I went complete 1/20 with a 2.75. 169. I realize nothing is a sure thing with a splitter, but I viewed USD as a borderline safety school. Instead it looks like ill be getting the WL. Amazing how one can be WLed at a t-20 and a lower end t2.
It is a crap shoot with us splitters Fosters. I am a 170/2.8 and I broke into the top 20 with WUSTL, but it looks like it is the wait list for us at USD.
With all due respect, you've gotta be actively sabotaging yourself to pull off a 2.8 GPA right? I mean, you're clearly bright people. Did you have some ridiculously tough major or impossible curve?

scottfergmartin

New

Post by scottfergmartin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Ive never posted before, but I'm in today via snail mail. Decision Rendered 3/19. 169/3.25. 3 years work experience. No info about scholarships or anything like that, but at least there's still hope that they are accepting people.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:01 pm

scottfergmartin wrote:Ive never posted before, but I'm in today via snail mail. Decision Rendered 3/19. 169/3.25. 3 years work experience. No info about scholarships or anything like that, but at least there's still hope that they are accepting people.

Scholarship info, if sent, gets sent about 7-10 days after. Even in March.

Congrats!

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:28 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:With all due respect, you've gotta be actively sabotaging yourself to pull off a 2.8 GPA right? I mean, you're clearly bright people. Did you have some ridiculously tough major or impossible curve?
I can't speak for all splitters, but I will say I was 18 when I entered undergrad and 25 when I took the LSAT and the difference in preparation/effort reflected that.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm

taw856 wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:With all due respect, you've gotta be actively sabotaging yourself to pull off a 2.8 GPA right? I mean, you're clearly bright people. Did you have some ridiculously tough major or impossible curve?
I can't speak for all splitters, but I will say I was 18 when I entered undergrad and 25 when I took the LSAT and the difference in preparation/effort reflected that.
Depending on your situation before college, going away to college is ultimate freedom for some people. I can easily see people enjoying the fruits of college and getting horrible grades for the first few years. College is sometimes the first interaction with sexual promiscuity, alcohol, and drugs that some students have.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:41 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:
cjgabbard wrote:
With all due respect, you've gotta be actively sabotaging yourself to pull off a 2.8 GPA right? I mean, you're clearly bright people. Did you have some ridiculously tough major or impossible curve?

Well my poor GPA might have something to do with the fact that I was in the late stages of chronic alcoholism; well either that or the weather. Anyway, its tough to pull off stellar grades when one doesn't step foot on campus for 3-4 weeks at a time. I guess you could call that self-sabotage.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Oh, does the status checker page ever change to under review or anything? Ive been file complete for 2 months.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Oh, does the status checker page ever change to under review or anything? Ive been file complete for 2 months.
Nope.

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:53 pm

taw856 wrote:
I could not agree with this more. I wasn't even THAT crazy in college (okay, maybe a little) but mainly I just did not recognize how important it was to maintain a high GPA. I kick myself daily for having had this attitude.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:
quickquestionthanks wrote:
cjgabbard wrote:

Well my poor GPA might have something to do with the fact that I was in the late stages of chronic alcoholism; well either that or the weather. Anyway, its tough to pull off stellar grades when one doesn't step foot on campus for 3-4 weeks at a time. I guess you could call that self-sabotage.
Hey, I've been there. I didn't go to a class for two months because a couple classes in I realized that the professor couldn't tell me apart from this other student. So I figured, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. That was the only semester my GPA dipped below 3.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:28 pm

algren wrote:
taw856 wrote:
I could not agree with this more. I wasn't even THAT crazy in college (okay, maybe a little) but mainly I just did not recognize how important it was to maintain a high GPA. I kick myself daily for having had this attitude.
+ 1 Exact same boat. It never occurred to me that someday I may be judged on my grades, so I didn't give a hoot.

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:44 pm

rorystewart wrote:
algren wrote:
taw856 wrote:
+ 1 Exact same boat. It never occurred to me that someday I may be judged on my grades, so I didn't give a hoot.
+1

BruinsFan

Bronze

Post by BruinsFan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:44 pm

When I spoke to other admitted students at ASD on Monday I was really impressed with the other schools they were visiting/considering. Many mentioned Hastings, David, some even UCLA. I thought I'd here more Loyolas, Pepperdines, and USFs. I really think that they admitted their ideal incoming class, based on lsat and gpa mostly (of course) and are waiting to see how many deposits they get.

They're taking a risk, mind you, that people within their medians or borderline will still enroll even after waiting until late April. Assuming they don't get enough deposits. I feel lucky I squeeked through.

barrel_bra

New

Post by barrel_bra » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm

BruinsFan wrote:When I spoke to other admitted students at ASD on Monday I was really impressed with the other schools they were visiting/considering. Many mentioned Hastings, David, some even UCLA. I thought I'd here more Loyolas, Pepperdines, and USFs. I really think that they admitted their ideal incoming class, based on lsat and gpa mostly (of course) and are waiting to see how many deposits they get.

They're taking a risk, mind you, that people within their medians or borderline will still enroll even after waiting until late April. Assuming they don't get enough deposits. I feel lucky I squeeked through.

High Five

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”