U of San Diego Fall 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pegleg

Bronze

Re: U of San Diego Fall 2010

Post by pegleg » Wed May 05, 2010 1:22 pm

M_bear wrote:did anyone get a confirmation form with their acceptance packet? I think I am missing mine :?
What do you mean "confirmation" form? My packet had an admission letter, institutional financial aid form and instructions, and a small deposit slip. About a week later I got a scholarship letter, and supposedly this week I'm receiving the rest of my financial aid info.

M_bear

New

Post by M_bear » Wed May 05, 2010 1:29 pm

pegleg wrote:
M_bear wrote:did anyone get a confirmation form with their acceptance packet? I think I am missing mine :?
What do you mean "confirmation" form? My packet had an admission letter, institutional financial aid form and instructions, and a small deposit slip. About a week later I got a scholarship letter, and supposedly this week I'm receiving the rest of my financial aid info.
Oh i think mine was missing the deposit slip. On the admission letter it says something about returning a form and mine didn't come with a form to return...thanks for the reply!

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed May 05, 2010 2:09 pm

M_bear wrote:
pegleg wrote:
Oh i think mine was missing the deposit slip. On the admission letter it says something about returning a form and mine didn't come with a form to return...thanks for the reply!
One option is to call financial aid and ask if they have assigned you a student ID number yet. If you have that you can pay your deposit online.

M_bear

New

Post by M_bear » Wed May 05, 2010 4:16 pm

pegleg wrote:
M_bear wrote:
pegleg wrote:
One option is to call financial aid and ask if they have assigned you a student ID number yet. If you have that you can pay your deposit online.
thanks...just called them and they told me just to mail it in with my LSAC #

will you be attending USD for sure or holding out for Davis like me?

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed May 05, 2010 4:22 pm

M_bear wrote: thanks...just called them and they told me just to mail it in with my LSAC #

At heart, I am (and considering how long I've been "under evaluation," will always be) a Davis hold-out. I'm not terribly interested in practicising in So-Cal and USD is rather regional.

However good weather+grant= I'm not crying myself to sleep over it. What about yourself?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

M_bear

New

Post by M_bear » Wed May 05, 2010 4:25 pm

pegleg wrote:
M_bear wrote: thanks...just called them and they told me just to mail it in with my LSAC #

At heart, I am (and considering how long I've been "under evaluation," will always be) a Davis hold-out. I'm not terribly interested in practicising in So-Cal and USD is quite regional.

However good weather+grant= I'm not crying myself to sleep over it. What about yourself?
Davis is my first choice, but this ridiculously long wait is killing me. If not Davis, it will be San Diego for me

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed May 05, 2010 4:27 pm

M_bear wrote:
pegleg wrote:

At heart, I am (and considering how long I've been "under evaluation," will always be) a Davis hold-out. I'm not terribly interested in practicising in So-Cal and USD is quite regional.

Davis is my first choice, but this ridiculously long wait is killing me. If not Davis, it will be San Diego for me
At the risk of this devolving into CALL ME DAVIS BABY ILU, I will see you at 6pm over in the Davis thread. I wager 20 imaginary bux we are still eval in progress.

M_bear

New

Post by M_bear » Wed May 05, 2010 4:36 pm

pegleg wrote: At the risk of this devolving into CALL ME DAVIS BABY ILU, I will see you at 6pm over in the Davis thread. I wager 20 imaginary bux we are still eval in progress.
haha see you at 6...it's a bet. Good luck to you!

cjgabbard

New

Post by cjgabbard » Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm

uwb09 wrote:anybody from the waitlist been accepted off it yet?

i can't explain it, but ever since this cycle started i've been drawn to this school for whatever reason, considering whipping up a LOCI to try and get accepted off the waitlist

I honestly was expecting a ding, so this has me intrigued
I was wait listed the First week of April, but I had actually sent a LOCI before my decision was rendered (Sent in the last week of March). I was accepted off the wait list on May 5 for the full time program.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Thu May 06, 2010 1:15 pm

cjgabbard wrote:

i can't explain it, but ever since this cycle started i've been drawn to this school for whatever reason, considering whipping up a LOCI to try and get accepted off the waitlist

I was wait listed the First week of April, but I had actually sent a LOCI before my decision was rendered (Sent in the last week of March). I was accepted off the wait list on May 5 for the full time program.
Congrats man. This is good news for me, I guess. Im a 2.75/169 so maybe they're looking for folks like us.

hopefulincal

Bronze

Post by hopefulincal » Thu May 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Any PT folks out there who are committed to USD? I'd like to connect and help each other out if possible. If you're out there, please feel free to PM me or post a reply. Thanks.

vijemi

New

Post by vijemi » Thu May 06, 2010 4:24 pm

I got an LOCI ready to go but I am also going to for a campus tour later this month, should I send my LOCI now or wait until after the visit? or does it not matter? Any opinions? (Waitlisted on 4/9)

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Thu May 06, 2010 5:20 pm

I'd assume that the longer you wait then the more you may be missing out. I would send the LOCI asap.

Handing it in person isn't going to earn you that many more points. Waiting til later this month may be devastating since who knows how many seats they may have filled between now and then off the waitlist. Send it in now, waiting may potentially kill your chances and handing it in person won't improve your chances enough to make it worth it.

edit: woops thought you were waiting to hand it in person. anyways my answer doesn't change.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vijemi

New

Post by vijemi » Thu May 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Norwood wrote:I'd assume that the longer you wait then the more you may be missing out. I would send the LOCI asap.

Handing it in person isn't going to earn you that many more points. Waiting til later this month may be devastating since who knows how many seats they may have filled between now and then off the waitlist. Send it in now, waiting may potentially kill your chances and handing it in person won't improve your chances enough to make it worth it.

edit: woops thought you were waiting to hand it in person. anyways my answer doesn't change.
Thanks for the reply, I'll go ahead and sent it out then.

dep15152

New

Post by dep15152 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Just sent out a LOCI myself, was waitlisted..

cjgabbard

New

Post by cjgabbard » Fri May 07, 2010 10:37 am

Foosters Galore wrote:
cjgabbard wrote:

Congrats man. This is good news for me, I guess. Im a 2.75/169 so maybe they're looking for folks like us.
Thanks dude. Hopefully you sent in an LOCI, and I think you should be in. Almost all of the 170+s on TLS withdrew after being wait listed so I think you have a pretty good shot.

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Fri May 07, 2010 10:44 am

Did all you DR 4/22-ers hear back yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 am

weird

status said waitlisted on April 29th (edited, accidentally put 19th), I filled out the form to officially put my name on the waitlist, and now status says decision rendered 5/5/10 with a decision letter sent 5/5/10

is that normal for waitlisters? is it possible they have already accepted me off of it? or is this just their stupid way of "officially" waitlisting me, sending me it in writing, pissing me off even more, etc...
Last edited by uwb09 on Fri May 07, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri May 07, 2010 10:59 am

uwb09 wrote:weird

status said waitlisted on April 19th, I filled out the form to officially put my name on the waitlist, and now status says decision rendered 5/5/10 with a decision letter sent 5/5/10

is that normal for waitlisters? is it possible they have already accepted me off of it? or is this just their stupid way of "officially" waitlisting me, sending me it in writing, pissing me off even more, etc...
It's very possible they are starting to go to the WL. Since the deposit deadline just passed, they should have a fairly good idea now of how many people committed.

Good luck while you wait for the letter.

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:22 pm

missinglink wrote:

status said waitlisted on April 19th, I filled out the form to officially put my name on the waitlist, and now status says decision rendered 5/5/10 with a decision letter sent 5/5/10

It's very possible they are starting to go to the WL. Since the deposit deadline just passed, they should have a fairly good idea now of how many people committed.

thanks, just re-read the waitlist email though and it says i will be notified by phone/email if i am admitted off it

i'm guessing the decision letter is just an official hard copy waitlist decision or some junk, but i'll keep up some hope that it's some miracle acceptance, with a full ride scholarship, and free housing 8)

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Fri May 07, 2010 12:39 pm

uwb09 wrote: i'm guessing the decision letter is just an official hard copy waitlist decision or some junk, but i'll keep up some hope that it's some miracle acceptance, with a full ride scholarship, and free housing 8)
No, you got in, for sure.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vijemi

New

Post by vijemi » Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 pm

uwb09 wrote:
missinglink wrote:

thanks, just re-read the waitlist email though and it says i will be notified by phone/email if i am admitted off it

i'm guessing the decision letter is just an official hard copy waitlist decision or some junk, but i'll keep up some hope that it's some miracle acceptance, with a full ride scholarship, and free housing 8)
I think you got accepted! I don't think they send hardcopies of WL decisions, they changed your decision from WL to either acceptance or rejection, but there's no reason they would reject you off the WL after a few weeks, so congrats!

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:01 pm

ugh i hope so!! damn it dont want to be at work right now

although an acceptance at USD will create one hell of a hard decision for me

vijemi

New

Post by vijemi » Fri May 07, 2010 2:12 pm

uwb09 wrote:ugh i hope so!! damn it dont want to be at work right now

which schools are you debating between?

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:32 pm

vijemi wrote:
uwb09 wrote:ugh i hope so!! damn it dont want to be at work right now

which schools are you debating between?
well, at first i was very content in staying home and going to Seattle U, but then I went to visit a bunch of schools in the bay area, and remembered how much I love it in the valley, and fell in love with Santa Clara (campus, location, chillness of the area, etc..) plus san francisco is an amazing city

but everyone I know says San Diego is amazing, I've never been so I don't really have a real point of reference, if I get in I will definitely go visit. One thing I wish Santa Clara had was a bit more proximity to water, growing up in Seattle I am pretty much used to being able to drive 10 minutes in any direction and pretty much falling into some kind of body of water. San Diego definitely has this aspect, but bay area is more green overall from what I can tell. Weather wise I think the bay might be a bit more me (i kind of like having somewhat 4 seasons), san diego seems like its the same weather all year, which I know a lot of people love, but I think it might get to me after awhile

I can't tell which one is better for job placement overall in it's respect area. San Diego has a pretty good hold on the San Diego city/area, but Santa Clara has a pretty good lock on San Jose/South Bay/reaches into san fran a bit.

Sorry, kinda just ranted on there for a bit

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”