Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
badpixie

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby badpixie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 am

zimbadimp wrote:Badpixie, it cant hurt to ask, with your LSAT you definitely should get some money.

I called Admissions and was told that as long as I have not recieved a decision on the May Program, it is no problem to switch my application to consideration for the Fall instead. The woman I spoke with was very nice, and didn't ask any questinos about my reason for the change.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

badpixie wrote:
zimbadimp wrote:Badpixie, it cant hurt to ask, with your LSAT you definitely should get some money.

I called Admissions and was told that as long as I have not recieved a decision on the May Program, it is no problem to switch my application to consideration for the Fall instead. The woman I spoke with was very nice, and didn't ask any questinos about my reason for the change.

Per the deans PT don't get scholarships.

carlkenneth

Postby carlkenneth » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:05 am

newyorker88 wrote:Call from the dean and received package today, in with $28,000 per year.

Congrats!

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:14 pm

I asked about switching to Fall. They said no problem, just know that it's more competitive, we have a lot of applications this year, and your May acceptance doesn't guarantee a Fall acceptance. Told me to just send a letter explaining my desire/need for the switch.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread but I guess I'll have to since Cardozo is increasingly a possibility... At they very least for a seat deposit. (Thanks, Fordham waitlist!)
Last edited by Steve Zissou on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 pm

it looks like we're not doing the diner tomorrow =( so anonymous it is!

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:34 pm

When do those receiving money hear they received money? Right when they are accepted? A few weeks later?

As I just posted, I was accepted for May but haven't heard anything about financial aid. Do May starts not get any money?

(Or is it because my FAFSA/taxes isn't done? Brooklyn didn't seem to care.)

zimbadimp

Postby zimbadimp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 pm

May starters dont get scholarships. Sucks

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:38 pm

zimbadimp wrote:May starters dont get scholarships. Sucks

yeah I said this earlier, pt'ers get no money ... may = pt start.

um08

Postby um08 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:When do those receiving money hear they received money? Right when they are accepted? A few weeks later?

As I just posted, I was accepted for May but haven't heard anything about financial aid. Do May starts not get any money?

(Or is it because my FAFSA/taxes isn't done? Brooklyn didn't seem to care.)

Did you hear back from May today? What date did you go complete and what are your stats?

Thanks and congrats!

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Awesome that they don't tell you that up front. WTF is the point of going to the school without $? :roll:

How did you guys find out that May starts get no $? I don't recall it on the app or related materials anywhere.
Last edited by Steve Zissou on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Edit: :roll:
Last edited by Steve Zissou on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:

Awesome that they don't tell you that up front. WTF is the point of going to the school without $? :roll:

How did you guys find out that May starts get no $? I don't recall it on the app or related materials anywhere.

After reading posts about it here on TLS, I scoured the Cardozo site. It never comes out and says that May applicants get no money, but the Scholarship page states that full-time applicants are considered for Merit Scholarships. It also says that special scholarships and grants are open to both full and part time entering students:

http://www.cardozo.yu.edu/MemberContentDisplay.aspx?ccmd=ContentDisplay&ucmd=UserDisplay&userid=10344&contentid=1050

After reading that, and based on what I've read here on TLS, I called this morning and switched my app to Fall consideration.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 pm

badpixie wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

After reading posts about it here on TLS, I scoured the Cardozo site. It never comes out and says that May applicants get no money, but the Scholarship page states that full-time applicants are considered for Merit Scholarships. It also says that special scholarships and grants are open to both full and part time entering students:

http://www.cardozo.yu.edu/MemberContentDisplay.aspx?ccmd=ContentDisplay&ucmd=UserDisplay&userid=10344&contentid=1050

After reading that, and based on what I've read here on TLS, I called this morning and switched my app to Fall consideration.

And I emailed the dean to ask about section stacking and in his response he mentioned that part-time admits aren't given merit aid.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 pm

SEVENTY FREAKING ONE tomorrow in NYC. May not even bother bringing my coat. Maybe SHOULD wear a skirt. Oh man I had my outfit all picked out.

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:08 pm

I never would have applied for a May start if I'd known that merit aid wasn't available. What a fraud.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:I never would have applied for a May start if I'd known that merit aid wasn't available. What a fraud.

I certainly wish it had been clearer on the website (although I don't think the site is very useful in general). If it had, I would have just applied for Fall from the outset. The only reason I applied for May was to get a jump on the next chapter of my life, since I was pretty set on Cardozo as my top choice, not because I wanted/needed to be part-time. I'm just happy that they were so accomodating about my request to switch my application to Fall. I've already gotten an email confirming that my application has been switched.

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:I never would have applied for a May start if I'd known that merit aid wasn't available. What a fraud.

The only reason I didn't apply PT, as I thought it would help my chances of getting accepted, is because of the discrepancy between FT and PT grants as presented via the Cardoza description on LSAC: http://officialguide.lsac.org/SearchRes ... BA2990.pdf

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm

badpixie wrote:

I certainly wish it had been clearer on the website (although I don't think the site is very useful in general). If it had, I would have just applied for Fall from the outset. The only reason I applied for May was to get a jump on the next chapter of my life, since I was pretty set on Cardozo as my top choice, not because I wanted/needed to be part-time. I'm just happy that they were so accomodating about my request to switch my application to Fall. I've already gotten an email confirming that my application has been switched.

I really want to go to Fordham, but got waitlisted and won't hear back until sometime after the Brooklyn and Cardozo seat deposits are due. :/ But then, it'd be nice to know how much funding Cardozo would provide... When I got the scholarship letter from Brooklyn I kinda woke up to how much this is all going to cost.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:
badpixie wrote:

I really want to go to Fordham, but got waitlisted and won't hear back until sometime after the Brooklyn and Cardozo seat deposits are due. :/ But then, it'd be nice to know how much funding Cardozo would provide... When I got the scholarship letter from Brooklyn I kinda woke up to how much this is all going to cost.

What are your stats and what was your offer? Cardozo offered me a good amount but not nearly as much as if I applied earlier, which means I'll end up paying an additional about 45k over the next three years, just because I sucked at the Sept LSAT and had to retake in December (and missed my original June date by 2 days for late sign up)

now, back to the most important issue: WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR????

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 pm

sibley wrote:now, back to the most important issue: WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR????

i thought you decided! i haven't. still torn between black skinny jeans and a sweater/dress and tights.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:24 pm

hannah87 wrote:

i thought you decided! i haven't. still torn between black skinny jeans and a sweater/dress and tights.

I did decide but then I found out it's gonna be 71 tomorrow. But I was just talking to this sweet coworker of mine and we decided I should wear the same thing bc I'll be inside all day, except when it's freezing out.

What shirt would you wear with the skinny jeans?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:26 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

I did decide but then I found out it's gonna be 71 tomorrow. But I was just talking to this sweet coworker of mine and we decided I should wear the same thing bc I'll be inside all day, except when it's freezing out.

Really baggy with wolves howling at the moon. Trust me on this.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:27 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Really baggy with wolves howling at the moon. Trust me on this.

as long as the fabric wasn't thick that'd actually be okay, so it kinda clings at the hips, you know?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:29 pm

sibley wrote:as long as the fabric wasn't thick that'd actually be okay, so it kinda clings at the hips, you know?

In that case: glitter. Lots of it.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:29 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

a sweater (to clarify, i meant skinny jeans with a sweater OR a dress with tights). probably a black camisole or tank with a long cardigan, or maybe a sleeveless ann taylor ruffly blouse with a regular cardigan? i don't know! and where did you hear 71 degrees?? when i looked it up i think it said 66? still, warm.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”