Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chutzpah

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am

sibley wrote:

yeah for the entering class. an upward trend of .02 gpa and nothing else?

I see the 25 percentile LSAT up two points and the 75th up one

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 am

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

But the US News is overall, not just FT as the listed Cardozo stats are

carlkenneth

Postby carlkenneth » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 am

sibley wrote:=( the dean said he won't up the scholarship amount, and that last year there was no extra money after students withdrew. Maybe Financial Aid will have a different idea.

Aww, I'm sorry Sib. Definitely talk to financial aid. And be sure to bring up financial concerns with the admissions reps that you meet this Thursday.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

carlkenneth wrote:
sibley wrote:=( the dean said he won't up the scholarship amount, and that last year there was no extra money after students withdrew. Maybe Financial Aid will have a different idea.

Aww, I'm sorry Sib. Definitely talk to financial aid. And be sure to bring up financial concerns with the admissions reps that you meet this Thursday.

I'm hoping they'll be able to work something out - either give me a little more or give me as much need based grants as possible. If they do that I'll be there in a heartbeat. I hear St Louis is really nice, and I do like small cities, but I think I'd like to try big city life for a while, you know? Especially for immigration law... but it's hard to reject a t20 for a t50....

chocho

Postby chocho » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:51 pm

sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

if the us news numbers are from 07 then they are just fulltime because they didnt calculate pt stats at that time.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:52 pm

chocho wrote:
sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

if the us news numbers are from 07 then they are just fulltime because they didnt calculate pt stats at that time.

no they're the most recent ones

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Anyone started their homework yet?

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:00 pm

sibley wrote:Anyone started their homework yet?

I read on my bus ride home they day the sent it. I should revisit before Thursday.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:01 pm

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:Anyone started their homework yet?

I read on my bus ride home they day the sent it. I should revisit before Thursday.

I skimmed the questions, was like "gee I'm gonna have to do research" flipped to the next page, was in heaven. (didn't read yet though)

giantsnumb1

Postby giantsnumb1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm

pt, went complete 1/14, still waiting...

nickerson

Postby nickerson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Trying to plan a trip to visit schools over my Spring break (next week). Thought I'd hear back from Cardozo by now (applied mid-Jan). Called admissions, but they don't give any information about when a decision might be rendered. Guess I'll plan to stop by, but would love to have a decision and (hopefully!) be able to have a more extensive visit.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 pm

nickerson wrote:Trying to plan a trip to visit schools over my Spring break (next week). Thought I'd hear back from Cardozo by now (applied mid-Jan). Called admissions, but they don't give any information about when a decision might be rendered. Guess I'll plan to stop by, but would love to have a decision and (hopefully!) be able to have a more extensive visit.

just show up on the 18th =) pretend you're an admit already

trey

Postby trey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:23 am

Anyone have any luck negotiating scholarships? I emailed the dean and was asked to attach my other competing offers. He said he can't let me know before April 15th though...

nickerson

Postby nickerson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:14 am

sibley wrote:
just show up on the 18th =) pretend you're an admit already

I wish! Finals week here, so won't be able to head out until next week. Looking forward to hearing what you all think!

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:49 am

trey wrote:Anyone have any luck negotiating scholarships? I emailed the dean and was asked to attach my other competing offers. He said he can't let me know before April 15th though...

bs! he told me the same april 15 thing but said in the past there was no money. what are your stats and what did he offer you? and what were your competing offers?

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:31 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to TLS. Recently in at Cardozo... got the call last Thursday. Is anyone else a Gates Scholar? 30K a year, no strings.

Congrats to everyone accepted. See you at ASD!

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 am

Mathis wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm new to TLS. Recently in at Cardozo... got the call last Thursday. Is anyone else a Gates Scholar? 30K a year, no strings.

Congrats to everyone accepted. See you at ASD!

Nice! What are your stats and is it public interest or something? I got 30k a year, but with strings. Just emailed to see about negotiating further.

edit: looked up gates. I got the merit one but should totally be eligible for gates (and would prefer it bc of the no-strings) as my dad only graduated high school and my mom just recently got her mba.

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 am

Yeah, Gates is a merit/service scholarship for students who are the first in their family to go to college and graduate school.

163/3.49 (3.64 in major) at NYU
I do have excellent softs, tons of community service/leadership, and have been working for 5 years in top firms with significant time at Skadden, and currently at Viacom (I work for Spike TV :P). I'm also a minority student.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am

I'm going to try to negotiate but it hasn't looked so promising... at least not on Dean Martinidez's end.

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:55 am

sibley wrote:I'm going to try to negotiate but it hasn't looked so promising... at least not on Dean Martinidez's end.

are you emailing Dean Martinidez directly?

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am

Mathis wrote:
sibley wrote:I'm going to try to negotiate but it hasn't looked so promising... at least not on Dean Martinidez's end.

yep. I emailed him, diller, and financial aid. here's what he said

At present, we have already offered you the maximum we are able, relative to other potential students who have been admitted to Cardozo this year. In addition, I unfortunately will not be able to provide an answer as to whether there are any additional funds for which I can consider you until after our decision deadline of April 15, when we learn of your and other admitted students' decisions. (As a point of reference, our entering class was full by mid-April last year, and all scholarship funding was accepted by the entering class by that time.)

so it seems like he's saying there was no money after the students submitted their deposits, but it looks like he said to someone earlier ^^ (you?) that it might be possible. He's out of the office today so I couldn't get more information.

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

sibley wrote:
Mathis wrote:

yep. I emailed him, diller, and financial aid. here's what he said

At present, we have already offered you the maximum we are able, relative to other potential students who have been admitted to Cardozo this year. In addition, I unfortunately will not be able to provide an answer as to whether there are any additional funds for which I can consider you until after our decision deadline of April 15, when we learn of your and other admitted students' decisions. (As a point of reference, our entering class was full by mid-April last year, and all scholarship funding was accepted by the entering class by that time.)

so it seems like he's saying there was no money after the students submitted their deposits, but it looks like he said to someone earlier ^^ (you?) that it might be possible. He's out of the office today so I couldn't get more information.

I haven't contacted anyone at Cardozo. But from his email to you, it seems like he's also saying more $ might become available After April 15th when they realize who is not accepting their scholarship offers.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:38 am

Mathis wrote:
sibley wrote: (As a point of reference, our entering class was full by mid-April last year, and all scholarship funding was accepted by the entering class by that time.)[/quote]

I haven't contacted anyone at Cardozo. But from his email to you, it seems like he's also saying more $ might become available After April 15th when they realize who is not accepting their scholarship offers.

But what about that? It looks like he's saying there was no more. Or maybe he means that's when the last of the schollies went out. I do not know. Also why is my font tiny