Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby s419 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Was the call from a blocked number? I saw one of those today and didn't answer because I was at work but wasn't left a voicemail.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby TheWire » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:29 pm

s419 wrote:Was the call from a blocked number? I saw one of those today and didn't answer because I was at work but wasn't left a voicemail.


NO (212) number

corporatelaw87 wrote:were all you guys the full time program? Or, were some of you in the May start program.


full time program

emtuoh wrote:Congratulations to you all!! I am very jealous. :)


thanks!

and the beast
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby and the beast » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:19 pm

looks like from LSN they are making some more calls today....

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:23 pm

well, since i was in the group that had their Complete Date changed, and didn't get a call....

..out then i suppose

and the beast
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby and the beast » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 pm

hey! don't say that! i'm in that group too! at least pretend for ME! :)

User avatar
TripleK
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby TripleK » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:00 pm

I just got off the phone with Cardozo. Got in! Pretty excited since its my first admittance to a school I really would like to go to. I got into American U last month, but pretty much all my other schools I have not heard back from yet.

LSAT 162 GPA 3.88

Now I can breathe a sigh of relief *sigh*

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby AlanShore » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:03 pm

TripleK wrote:I just got off the phone with Cardozo. Got in! Pretty excited since its my first admittance to a school I really would like to go to. I got into American U last month, but pretty much all my other schools I have not heard back from yet.

LSAT 162 GPA 3.88

Now I can breathe a sigh of relief *sigh*

congrats!!! :D when did you apply/go complete?

muggie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby muggie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Cardozo called & I'm in with grant money! It's kind of exciting to think of living in NYC... :D

My status date had changed last week, so don't get discouraged! Good luck to all.

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby calgal17 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:05 pm

In via phone call! It's my first phone call acceptance. Pretty exciting! $32K a year. Yippee! Congrats to everyone else.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby AlanShore » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:07 pm

when did you all go complete? congrats to everyone who got in so far!

muggie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby muggie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:17 pm

AlanShore wrote:when did you all go complete? congrats to everyone who got in so far!


I sent it in 11/20, originally went complete on 11/25, & last week it switched to 10/31 (??)

User avatar
TripleK
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby TripleK » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:27 pm

I was complete 10/31/2009 on the status checker....

Though I think I got the e-mail notification on/around 11/10/09 saying I was complete.

User avatar
DrGuano
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby DrGuano » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:30 pm

muggie wrote:
AlanShore wrote:when did you all go complete? congrats to everyone who got in so far!


I sent it in 11/20, originally went complete on 11/25, & last week it switched to 10/31 (??)


Had that happen to me as well. Got in with a 32k a year scholarship too. Could be a good sign.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:31 pm

It looks like all of you had your status switched to 10/31

Mine was switched to 11/1, anybody else have this too?

i would be surprised if my 165/3.3 were not at least waitlisted

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby goosey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:31 pm

congratulations everyone!

anyone in here apply for may or going to the trial advocacy thing?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:34 pm

muggie wrote:Cardozo called & I'm in with grant money! It's kind of exciting to think of living in NYC... :D

My status date had changed last week, so don't get discouraged! Good luck to all.


This is good news to me. I applied late (end of Dec), and my gpa's .05 lower than yours (but because of mono - skip that semester and my gpa's the same as yours)... and my lsat's 1 pt higher. Maybe I'll get something too, despite the lateness and gpa?

muggie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby muggie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 pm

sibley wrote:
muggie wrote:Cardozo called & I'm in with grant money! It's kind of exciting to think of living in NYC... :D

My status date had changed last week, so don't get discouraged! Good luck to all.


This is good news to me. I applied late (end of Dec), and my gpa's .05 lower than yours (but because of mono - skip that semester and my gpa's the same as yours)... and my lsat's 1 pt higher. Maybe I'll get something too, despite the lateness and gpa?


I hope so! Good luck!

Clair1331
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby Clair1331 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:56 pm

My cell phone was stolen yesterday which is the only number to reach me. Has anyone talked directly to the admissions office? Are they nice or would they mind a call? My date changed to 10/24 (about a week before I submitted my application) and am extremely anxious to find out if I made it in. Thanks.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby goodolgil » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:11 pm

In with full scholarship with strings attached.

3.85 169

see18
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby see18 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Clair1331 wrote:My cell phone was stolen yesterday which is the only number to reach me. Has anyone talked directly to the admissions office? Are they nice or would they mind a call? My date changed to 10/24 (about a week before I submitted my application) and am extremely anxious to find out if I made it in. Thanks.



The woman with whom I spoke was really nice. It's worth a shot to call and let them know you're not available by phone for the time being at least. Good luck!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 pm

see18 wrote:
Clair1331 wrote:My cell phone was stolen yesterday which is the only number to reach me. Has anyone talked directly to the admissions office? Are they nice or would they mind a call? My date changed to 10/24 (about a week before I submitted my application) and am extremely anxious to find out if I made it in. Thanks.



The woman with whom I spoke was really nice. It's worth a shot to call and let them know you're not available by phone for the time being at least. Good luck!


You can at least keep checking your voicemail in the meantime, right?

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby calgal17 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:14 pm

I was complete on 12/3 and mine also changed to saying it was complete on 10/31. Maybe it's a hidden code... Mine now says "complete and under review" though the decision was already made. Good luck everyone!

dgb87
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby dgb87 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:18 pm

In via Phone Call yesterday with Full Scholly w/ stipend - No Strings Attached - 3.66/168 status changed on checker from 11/24 to 10/31.

Pretty stoked for the free law degree...

LiveFree
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby LiveFree » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Has anyone been accepted to the May program?

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby goosey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:29 pm

aschleic wrote:Has anyone been accepted to the May program?



wondering the same thing.

also anyone have stats for the may program? how would a 161 fare with a < 3.0 gpa?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: luckydayahead, ReadyToStart and 17 guests