Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm

chutzpah wrote:In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)



I will ask sooooo nicely. I will deliver my request in a basket of schwarma and sour dills. I will include Prigat to satisfy the thirst the foodstuffs will leave.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chutzpah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)



I will ask sooooo nicely. I will deliver my request in a basket of schwarma and sour dills. I will include Prigat to satisfy the thirst the foodstuffs will leave.


These are New York Jews, not Israelis! I bet you'd have better luck with Dr. Browns and a gift basket from Russ & Daughters. mmmm

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)



I will ask sooooo nicely. I will deliver my request in a basket of schwarma and sour dills. I will include Prigat to satisfy the thirst the foodstuffs will leave.


These are New York Jews, not Israelis! I bet you'd have better luck with Dr. Browns and a gift basket from Russ & Daughters. mmmm


what is Russ and Daughters? I'm intrigued.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 pm

hannah87 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)



I will ask sooooo nicely. I will deliver my request in a basket of schwarma and sour dills. I will include Prigat to satisfy the thirst the foodstuffs will leave.


These are New York Jews, not Israelis! I bet you'd have better luck with Dr. Browns and a gift basket from Russ & Daughters. mmmm


what is Russ and Daughters? I'm intrigued.



I thought NY Jews liked sour dills and scharma! But ok I'll replace the Prigat with Dr. Browns. Cherry, bc it's my favorite. And yes what is Russ and Daughters? It sounds like that pear place.

OMG I know! I'll go learn this recipe the Chabad rebbitzin has here... it's the BEST freaking squash pie ever. she also makes the best gefilte fish ever. they wouldn't be able to say no.


...I'm excited. My boyfriend will say "you got into higher ranked schools. go to those, even without money." but he is wrong. I think I will come visit that day. I'll put in my request for time off right now!

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chutzpah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 pm

hannah87 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)



I will ask sooooo nicely. I will deliver my request in a basket of schwarma and sour dills. I will include Prigat to satisfy the thirst the foodstuffs will leave.


These are New York Jews, not Israelis! I bet you'd have better luck with Dr. Browns and a gift basket from Russ & Daughters. mmmm


what is Russ and Daughters? I'm intrigued.


Its an appetizing shop in the Lower East Side that sells the finest smoked fish in the world. They have 10 different varieties of smoked salmon, including traditional belly lox, which is salt cured but not smoked, and Nova, which most of us know as lox. They also sell smoked sable (my fave), whitefish, chubs, sturgeon (where caviar come from), herring and more. And of course bagels and bialys, cream cheese, rugelach and other goodies. Appetizing shops are traditionally dairy, whereas delis are meat. Also Katz's deli is a block from Russ and Daughters.

If I could specialize in lox law, I would. Deli law is a close second. ;)

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:16 pm

chutzpah wrote:Its an appetizing shop in the Lower East Side that sells the finest smoked fish in the world. They have 10 different varieties of smoked salmon, including traditional belly lox, which is salt cured but not smoked, and Nova, which most of us know as lox. They also sell smoked sable (my fave), whitefish, chubs, sturgeon (where caviar come from), herring and more. And of course bagels and bialys, cream cheese, rugelach and other goodies. Appetizing shops are traditionally dairy, whereas delis are meat. Also Katz's deli is a block from Russ and Daughters.

If I could specialize in lox law, I would. Deli law is a close second. ;)


YUM. I'm a dairy girl. I would definitely go for a concentration in Bialy Law.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:18 pm

I love Jews. I really do. And people who talk about Jewish food/culture. You guys rock.


My wisdom tooth has started to come in. It's been making my back top left molar crooked for a year. Maybe it's a sign.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm

sibley wrote:I love Jews. I really do. And people who talk about Jewish food/culture. You guys rock.


My wisdom tooth has started to come in. It's been making my back top left molar crooked for a year. Maybe it's a sign.


returning the love!

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby mayosmith » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pm

This place, on 2nd Ave by St. Mark's, is right by my office. It's awesome:

--ImageRemoved--

AMon2010
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby AMon2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm

I just got the Cardozo call a few minutes ago... with a 30K/yr scholarship :)

Honestly, it's still a very expensive school but law school in NYC is appealing...

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

AMon2010 wrote:I just got the Cardozo call a few minutes ago... with a 30K/yr scholarship :)

Honestly, it's still a very expensive school but law school in NYC is appealing...



=D
what are your lsat and gpa? I got the same scholly and would like to compare.

chocho
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chocho » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 pm

mayosmith wrote:This place, on 2nd Ave by St. Mark's, is right by my office. It's awesome:

--ImageRemoved--



amazing soup....vegetarian too, although thats not why i go

fanlinxun
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby fanlinxun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 am

Just waitlisted for full-time and asked if I am willing to be considered for May program. How many people who accept May consideration actually get in?

User avatar
bludvl_prelaw
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby bludvl_prelaw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm

I applied for May entry and went complete on 1/15. Anyone know if I should hear back soon as well, or are the part-time people on a different schedule?

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby MBZags » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:39 pm

I'll join this thread. I went complete at Cardozo today.

biggiemike000
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby biggiemike000 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:51 pm

AMon2010 wrote:I just got the Cardozo call a few minutes ago... with a 30K/yr scholarship :)

Honestly, it's still a very expensive school but law school in NYC is appealing...


Just got in with a 32k/year scholarship (164/3.87). The school and area are very expensive but with the scholarship I'm starting to give it some consideration.
Can anyone shed some light on the summer intern opportunities for 1L and 2Ls? Or the job placement in the area in general?

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby crm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

biggiemike000 wrote:
AMon2010 wrote:I just got the Cardozo call a few minutes ago... with a 30K/yr scholarship :)

Honestly, it's still a very expensive school but law school in NYC is appealing...


Just got in with a 32k/year scholarship (164/3.87). The school and area are very expensive but with the scholarship I'm starting to give it some consideration.
Can anyone shed some light on the summer intern opportunities for 1L and 2Ls? Or the job placement in the area in general?



+1. Also, what is this about section stacking that I keep hearing briefly about?

tigrelis
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby tigrelis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:58 pm

.
Last edited by tigrelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 pm

tigrelis wrote:I got in with phone call on Tuesday (complete 1/6) with $34K/year. It was in the middle of my food-poisoning day, but I think I managed to sound pleased and grateful :) And I appreciate it sooo much more now that I don't feel like vomiting. I'm excited!


good! congrats! I was super awkward on the phone. the call didn't go through right away or was muted or something. not my fault.


...question for you guys. Because I'm paranoid about doing this without some agreement:

I got 30k from McGeorge + 1st year textbooks, I got 30k from Cardozo. Cardozo's 49th, McGeorge isn't t100. I should withdraw from McGeorge, right? I like California but I don't see the point of going to Sacramento. I like New York but only want to live there over California because of my boyfriend.

User avatar
chameleon
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chameleon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:26 pm

sibley wrote:
tigrelis wrote:I got in with phone call on Tuesday (complete 1/6) with $34K/year. It was in the middle of my food-poisoning day, but I think I managed to sound pleased and grateful :) And I appreciate it sooo much more now that I don't feel like vomiting. I'm excited!


good! congrats! I was super awkward on the phone. the call didn't go through right away or was muted or something. not my fault.


...question for you guys. Because I'm paranoid about doing this without some agreement:

I got 30k from McGeorge + 1st year textbooks, I got 30k from Cardozo. Cardozo's 49th, McGeorge isn't t100. I should withdraw from McGeorge, right? I like California but I don't see the point of going to Sacramento. I like New York but only want to live there over California because of my boyfriend.


Sacramento suuuuuuuuuucks. Don't go there. Socal is awesome and the bay area gets cooler the closer you are to SF, but Sacramento is not somewhere I'd want to live for 3 years.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:52 pm

chameleon wrote:
sibley wrote:
tigrelis wrote:I got in with phone call on Tuesday (complete 1/6) with $34K/year. It was in the middle of my food-poisoning day, but I think I managed to sound pleased and grateful :) And I appreciate it sooo much more now that I don't feel like vomiting. I'm excited!


good! congrats! I was super awkward on the phone. the call didn't go through right away or was muted or something. not my fault.


...question for you guys. Because I'm paranoid about doing this without some agreement:

I got 30k from McGeorge + 1st year textbooks, I got 30k from Cardozo. Cardozo's 49th, McGeorge isn't t100. I should withdraw from McGeorge, right? I like California but I don't see the point of going to Sacramento. I like New York but only want to live there over California because of my boyfriend.


Sacramento suuuuuuuuuucks. Don't go there. Socal is awesome and the bay area gets cooler the closer you are to SF, but Sacramento is not somewhere I'd want to live for 3 years.



thanks! stupid Hastings for not letting me in. wtf.

re: Cardozo. what are y'alls opinions of the the 'don't be a bozo/don't go to dozo' thing? From the tls profile it looks like there are plenty of job opportunities with about half the class getting starting salaries over 120k... I want to save money but I don't want to be unemployed after I graduate, either.

User avatar
nickerson
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby nickerson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 pm

UR since early Feb. Considering a LOCI. Any reason not to?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby keg411 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:31 am

Sent a short LOCI e-mail highlighting my new LSAT score, but Cardozo still hates sub 3.0 splitters (at least now I'm > 75th).

fitzgerald86
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby fitzgerald86 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 am

Found interesting data on Cardozo on applyingtoschool.com, but it is uncited (http://www.applyingtoschool.com/forms/L ... rsity.aspx). Think it is accurate?

Indeed, look at how much Cardozo relies on the LSAT. The information below represents the LSAT scores for those applicants to Cardozo recently who had a 3.5 GPA or better. In other words, these are the most promising applicants in terms of their academic performance in college.

LSAT Score Percent Admitted
168-180 100%
164-167 99%
160-163 71%
156-159 15%
148-155 12%
120-147 4%

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 am

keg411 wrote:Sent a short LOCI e-mail highlighting my new LSAT score, but Cardozo still hates sub 3.0 splitters (at least now I'm > 75th).



have u considered the may program?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, cjar819, cyclawps, danid83, fattsdomino, hamburg, hangold, harmcharm, jjcorvino, lawdude31, mccracal, nerdylsat, smartmoon, Smc1994 and 33 guests