Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

sibley wrote:
flowerpot wrote:Hilarious in the sense that I definitely didn't know that!



you hear that, Cardozo? I'd fit in so well! CALL ME.


:lol: seriously, call Sibley. and Flowerpot! she'll learn!

User avatar
flowerpot
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby flowerpot » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Haha yes I can definitely learn!!!! Ugh they still haven't called....... I'm going to start whining soon.

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby mikcou » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 pm

hannah87 wrote:1/12 completes, watch your phones. IN with guaranteed 3 year full scholarship! i'm so excitedddd. good luck guys!


Got this too. Actually I couldnt really tell since it was voicemail if it the scholarship was guaranteed or there was some renewal requirements. I guess ill find out in a week or so when I get the letter.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

mikcou wrote:
hannah87 wrote:1/12 completes, watch your phones. IN with guaranteed 3 year full scholarship! i'm so excitedddd. good luck guys!


Got this too. Actually I couldnt really tell since it was voicemail if it the scholarship was guaranteed or there was some renewal requirements. I guess ill find out in a week or so when I get the letter.


Oooh if you got full there's a chance for me! Hannah's academics are tons better than mine, but you, mikcou, are more on par with me if your profile stats are correct. And also, congrats =P

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby mikcou » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:23 pm

sibley wrote:
mikcou wrote:
hannah87 wrote:1/12 completes, watch your phones. IN with guaranteed 3 year full scholarship! i'm so excitedddd. good luck guys!


Got this too. Actually I couldnt really tell since it was voicemail if it the scholarship was guaranteed or there was some renewal requirements. I guess ill find out in a week or so when I get the letter.


Oooh if you got full there's a chance for me! Hannah's academics are tons better than mine, but you, mikcou, are more on par with me if your profile stats are correct. And also, congrats =P


Yea that stats are correct. Thanks and good luck :D

therealfp
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby therealfp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 pm

chutzpah wrote:Just got the email about the admitted students day on March 18th. Who's going? I find it kind of awkward that its on a Thursday, since anyone who doesn't work in or near NY would have to take two days off, but whatevs. I'm going to a wedding in Jersey that weekend so it works out relatively well for me.

Cardozo isn't my top choice but they did offer me quite a bit of $$ and a good friend just graduated and absolutely loved it.


got that as well...being as it's a Thursday, and I'd be coming from California, the only way I think I'll go is with a travel subsidy, which I requested via email this afternoon...I'll let everyone know how that goes.

holidayfromreal
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby holidayfromreal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 pm

chutzpah wrote:Just got the email about the admitted students day on March 18th. Who's going?


I didn't get the e-mail :( but I'm planning on going. Can someone post or pm me details about the e-mail so I can figure out what's going on

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby lunu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:27 pm

sooooo, 2/23 under review... hopefully there's still some room?

chocho
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chocho » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 pm

anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.

User avatar
nickerson
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby nickerson » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:10 am

UR since 2/1. How long are people seeing between UR and a decision?

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby crm » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:19 am

nickerson wrote:UR since 2/1. How long are people seeing between UR and a decision?


I was about 5 weeks...

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby johndh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 am

nickerson wrote:UR since 2/1. How long are people seeing between UR and a decision?


I'm over 4 months now.

User avatar
horriblegb
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby horriblegb » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I am about 3 days from withdrawing my app, if they don't want me then I don't want them haha (12/8)

therealfp
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby therealfp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 pm

chocho wrote:anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.


I plan on going to the ASD, and I heard back concerning my request for a travel subsidy...yes, they are more than willing to help offset costs if you are traveling more than 350 miles. Just email the admissions office and you should hear back within a day or so.

Sorry, can't comment on the scholly, my ride is guaranteed.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm

therealfp wrote:
chocho wrote:anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.


I plan on going to the ASD, and I heard back concerning my request for a travel subsidy...yes, they are more than willing to help offset costs if you are traveling more than 350 miles. Just email the admissions office and you should hear back within a day or so.

Sorry, can't comment on the scholly, my ride is guaranteed.



W00t! 357 miles from my town to their law library!! Think if I email them and tell them I've managed to get off two days of work in early March and will be unable to take off any other time and would love to come visit they'd let me in real quick?

25-minute-later update:

IN =D
30k year. Not a bad amount but would have liked more of course.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 pm

sibley wrote:IN =D
30k year. Not a bad amount but would have liked more of course.


Very nice. Congrats. NYC is where the cool kdis go to law school.

This is what I heard at least.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

sibley wrote:
25-minute-later update:

IN =D
30k year. Not a bad amount but would have liked more of course.


congrats, sibley!!!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:IN =D
30k year. Not a bad amount but would have liked more of course.


Very nice. Congrats. NYC is where the cool kdis go to law school.

This is what I heard at least.



=)
thanks you two!

anyone know if there are likely to be strings? None were mentioned.
I also think I can probably get them to up it a tad. Will wait and see how my FAFSA turns out, I guess.
Also, status still says complete and under review with a mid January date.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby crm » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

sibley wrote:
therealfp wrote:
chocho wrote:anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.


I plan on going to the ASD, and I heard back concerning my request for a travel subsidy...yes, they are more than willing to help offset costs if you are traveling more than 350 miles. Just email the admissions office and you should hear back within a day or so.

Sorry, can't comment on the scholly, my ride is guaranteed.



W00t! 357 miles from my town to their law library!! Think if I email them and tell them I've managed to get off two days of work in early March and will be unable to take off any other time and would love to come visit they'd let me in real quick?

25-minute-later update:

IN =D
30k year. Not a bad amount but would have liked more of course.



Congrats!

User avatar
flowerpot
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby flowerpot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Ugh sibley I am so jealous!!!!! Congrats though!!!! I didn't hear anything yesterday and I have been under review since 1/13 and our numbers are similar! This is getting ridiculous....

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

sibley wrote:I also think I can probably get them to up it a tad.


Nothing says "Thanks for the acceptance" like scheming for more money :wink:

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:43 pm

flowerpot wrote:Ugh sibley I am so jealous!!!!! Congrats though!!!! I didn't hear anything yesterday and I have been under review since 1/13 and our numbers are similar! This is getting ridiculous....


You're probably on the dean's desk! When you get your call be a little more prepared than I was though. "Hello? Hello?" "Hello?" "Hi?" "Hello,..." then I asked if he was going to let me in... and told him 'awesome.'

User avatar
flowerpot
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby flowerpot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Haha well I'm really glad that call finally came! I'm thinking about calling them today and asking when I'm going to hear something. I'm trying to book a plane and hotels to visit later in March and they get more expensive every week I have to wait!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Dear Cardozo:

Please let in flowerpot so we can exude excitement together.

<3,
Sibley




flowerpot... I think you'll get the same scholly as me per lsn...

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chutzpah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:56 pm

sibley wrote:
therealfp wrote:
chocho wrote:anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.


I plan on going to the ASD, and I heard back concerning my request for a travel subsidy...yes, they are more than willing to help offset costs if you are traveling more than 350 miles. Just email the admissions office and you should hear back within a day or so.

Sorry, can't comment on the scholly, my ride is guaranteed.



W00t! 357 miles from my town to their law library!! Think if I email them and tell them I've managed to get off two days of work in early March and will be unable to take off any other time and would love to come visit they'd let me in real quick?

25-minute-later update:

IN =D
30k year. Not a bad amount but would have liked more of course.


Congrats Sibley! You'll receive the big shiney envelope in about a week or 10 days that gives more information about your scholarship. I was offered a similar amount and I think its guaranteed in full if I stay in the top 40% and is 80% of the amount if I drop below that and so on. Don't have the paperwork in front of me right now.

In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”