Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
flowerpot wrote:Yes, I'm "Complete and Under Review" as of 1/13. And scholarship money plus living expenses would be amazing...I'm going to keep telling myself that! haha


In truth I don't think they give anyone living expenses. But maybe there are fellowships we'd be shoe-ins for? It'd be nice to have instant access to a 1L summer job, anyway...


do they guarantee fellowships? that would be really great...


Guarantee? doubtful... but you especially would be very likely to get one if you applied.

User avatar
chameleon
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chameleon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Colorado says that you can't work as a 1L, does anyone know if Cardozo has any sort of policy about it? I currently cocktail waitress on weekends and it's easy, lucrative work for minimal time and brainpower ... if I'm going to pay sticker at Dozo then it would be sort of nice to have some spending money at least.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:43 pm

chameleon wrote:Colorado says that you can't work as a 1L, does anyone know if Cardozo has any sort of policy about it? I currently cocktail waitress on weekends and it's easy, lucrative work for minimal time and brainpower ... if I'm going to pay sticker at Dozo then it would be sort of nice to have some spending money at least.


I know that the military is doing away with don't ask, don't tell... but I don't think you should follow suit.

(as in, no idea... but if you do it, don't tell.)

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:44 pm

chameleon wrote:Colorado says that you can't work as a 1L, does anyone know if Cardozo has any sort of policy about it? I currently cocktail waitress on weekends and it's easy, lucrative work for minimal time and brainpower ... if I'm going to pay sticker at Dozo then it would be sort of nice to have some spending money at least.


I haven't heard anything about Cardozo saying no, but I've heard in general it's gonna be tough cause you're looking at a 60+ hr work week just with law school stuff.

That being said, what is your restaurant's policy on giving away free drinks to people you know?

User avatar
chameleon
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chameleon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 pm

thanks sibley, i'm inclined to agree with you ... i keep checking this thread to see if you're in yet, hope you get the phone call soon with a full ride :)

ha ha flow, i'm the worst waitress in the world, i comp everything. free drinks for anyone who has ever registered on TLS!

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm

chameleon wrote:ha ha flow, i'm the worst waitress in the world, i comp everything. free drinks for anyone who has ever registered on TLS!


Dear Diary,

Jackpot.

adgirl13
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby adgirl13 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:19 pm

lawyergirl:) wrote:How was the Sneak Peak day for those who attended yesterday!? I will be going to the one in March...


I went to the one on Monday.

I found it really helpful. I did not attend any of the extra stuff in the morning, but I thought the faculty panel, the tour, and the Q&A with students was really useful. It definitely helped give me a better sense of the vibe of the school and what life is like while there.

And, I am considering it as more of an option than I previously did :)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:40 pm

<bakes cookies and mails to cardozo>
<leaves out the egg>

...I really am making cookies, though. ever tried substituting half the butter for light cream cheese and a quarter of the flour for whole wheat? and using only the yolks of the eggs? ssoooooo freaking good.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 pm

sibley wrote:<bakes cookies and mails to cardozo>
<leaves out the egg>

...I really am making cookies, though. ever tried substituting half the butter for light cream cheese and a quarter of the flour for whole wheat? and using only the yolks of the eggs? ssoooooo freaking good.


I have never tried it, but while you're mailing them out to Cardozo, I could absolutely use a batch of cookies. So feel free to send em my way as well.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:58 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:<bakes cookies and mails to cardozo>
<leaves out the egg>

...I really am making cookies, though. ever tried substituting half the butter for light cream cheese and a quarter of the flour for whole wheat? and using only the yolks of the eggs? ssoooooo freaking good.


I have never tried it, but while you're mailing them out to Cardozo, I could absolutely use a batch of cookies. So feel free to send em my way as well.


I didn't even say what kind they were! they're chocolate chip. and the best everrrrr. and I know. because I've had more than my share of the sorts.

itsfine
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby itsfine » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 am

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:<bakes cookies and mails to cardozo>
<leaves out the egg>

...I really am making cookies, though. ever tried substituting half the butter for light cream cheese and a quarter of the flour for whole wheat? and using only the yolks of the eggs? ssoooooo freaking good.


I have never tried it, but while you're mailing them out to Cardozo, I could absolutely use a batch of cookies. So feel free to send em my way as well.


I didn't even say what kind they were! they're chocolate chip. and the best everrrrr. and I know. because I've had more than my share of the sorts.


woah woah woah....PM me for my address, I'm a cookie fiend.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 am

food is fun.
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 am

Oh my god. I hate you.

I'm gonna go down to the cafeteria at work right now and buy a chocolate chip cookie (they're jumbo sized, mmmm).

If I'm fat by the time I go on spring break, I'm blaming you.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:51 am

even2flow wrote:Oh my god. I hate you.

I'm gonna go down to the cafeteria at work right now and buy a chocolate chip cookie (they're jumbo sized, mmmm).

If I'm fat by the time I go on spring break, I'm blaming you.


oh good. I don't want to be the only one.
I'm going to Pittsburgh for spring break. Because I'm too fat to go somewhere warm.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby hannah87 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:28 pm

sibley wrote:food is fun.
--ImageRemoved--


:D :D :D :D :D

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

So... it doesn't look like Cardozo YPs, but I'm very paranoid after Hastings did it to me. I'm emailing admissions about visiting,but what can you guys tell me about admitted students visits? Do they have them? Do they cover travel expenses? etc.

adgirl13
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby adgirl13 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 pm

sibley wrote:So... it doesn't look like Cardozo YPs, but I'm very paranoid after Hastings did it to me. I'm emailing admissions about visiting,but what can you guys tell me about admitted students visits? Do they have them? Do they cover travel expenses? etc.


They do have admitted students events. They just had one this week and they have another two in March I think. And they do cover travel expenses--the amount varies by how far you have to travel.

I would recommend it, having just been there on Monday.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby democrattotheend » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 pm

My friend applied full time and got waitlisted, which is actually a decent result since his LSAT was slightly below the 25th and he expected a rejection. Do you think it would make sense for him to send them a LOCI indicating he'd be willing to do the part time program? My thinking is that if he got waitlisted for full-time he'd have a decent shot at being admitted part time. What do you think?

therealfp
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby therealfp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 pm

democrattotheend wrote:My friend applied full time and got waitlisted, which is actually a decent result since his LSAT was slightly below the 25th and he expected a rejection. Do you think it would make sense for him to send them a LOCI indicating he'd be willing to do the part time program? My thinking is that if he got waitlisted for full-time he'd have a decent shot at being admitted part time. What do you think?


only if he's actually interested in the part-time program...can't hurt

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm

therealfp wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:My friend applied full time and got waitlisted, which is actually a decent result since his LSAT was slightly below the 25th and he expected a rejection. Do you think it would make sense for him to send them a LOCI indicating he'd be willing to do the part time program? My thinking is that if he got waitlisted for full-time he'd have a decent shot at being admitted part time. What do you think?


only if he's actually interested in the part-time program...can't hurt


But don't be like 'LOCI' then squeeze in part time. Be like "Not full time? I want you so badly I'll do part time, how about that?"

jcrisp
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby jcrisp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:12 pm

i was just waitlisted for the part time program (low gpa) and desperately still want to get in. anyone have advice on what I should be doing next to help my chances?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 pm

jcrisp wrote:i was just waitlisted for the part time program (low gpa) and desperately still want to get in. anyone have advice on what I should be doing next to help my chances?


LOCI.... a good one. And bug them a lot. And maybe go for a visit. INFILTRATE!

corporatelaw87
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby corporatelaw87 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 am

Applied to May program, just checked status checker, says decision was rendered and sent. Haven't gotten a phone call, is this bad? Although I expect a waitlist anyway.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 am

corporatelaw87 wrote:Applied to May program, just checked status checker, says decision was rendered and sent. Haven't gotten a phone call, is this bad? Although I expect a waitlist anyway.



hm... ask the kid who posted above me what format it was in. it's possible they notify differently for part time than they do for full time

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby jk11287 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:35 am

I'm withdrawing, I hope my seat/$$ goes to one of you TLS-er. Good luck everyone!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”