Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chameleon

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chameleon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm

just got an email about west coast admitted students receptions ... anyone going?

lawandorderfan

Postby lawandorderfan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm

CARDOZO OPERATING PROCEDURES ON ADMISSIONS NOTIFICATIONS NEED DEFINITIVE CLARIFICATION FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS

Having waded through most of the emails on this Board, we need to get the following questions answered by various individuals.

1. WAITLISTED QUESTIONS if you were waitlisted, it seems you received an email and that is what the Cardozo website says you should get. BUT did your status change on status checker and , if so, when did it change (same day as email etc.) what did it say when it changed (if it changed) and did the seat deposit numbers change? This can only be answered by someone who was waitlisted and if you are currently waitlisted this should be easy to check and let us know.

2. REJECTED-question: If you were rejected, the website says you are notified by snail mail. Prior to that you should have received a change to your status checker that said "decision rendered and sent". When your staus changed to that phrase, did your seat deposit change? You can still look at your status checker and let us all know.

3. ACCEPTED-question to those who were accepted. It seems as if almost all of you who were accepted first received the news by phone, either with a direct phone call that you answered OR by voicemail if you did not answer. It also seems that all of your status checkers changed at about the same time (either just before or just after the call give or take a day). The question here that is important is whether those who were accepted saw their respective staus checkers say "decision rendered and sent" AND saw their seat deposits change.) Would all of you who were accepted please go back and check your seat deposits and see if they did change when you saw the message "decision rendered and sent"? My guess is yuour status checker will still have your "decision rendered and sent" message. I am also assuming that you later received notice of your admission by snail mail?

I am in the miserable position of having had my status checker change to "decision rendered and sent" on 2/5 and today is 2/12--one week and no letter and no call and my seat deposit has changed. With the big snow there have been many days without mail and getting mail belonging to someone else so not knowing whether the letter will ever get here. I have been patient but this is enough. If we all can get the answers to the above questions we can at least help someone else down the road. THANKS and BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU WHATEVER YOUR DECISIONS ARE.
Last edited by lawandorderfan on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:53 pm

lawandorderfan wrote:CARDOZO OPERATING PROCEDURES ON ADMISSIONS NOTIFICATIONS NEED DEFINITIVE CLARIFICATION FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS

Having waded through most of the emails on this Board, we need to get the following questions answered by various individuals.

1. WAITLISTED QUESTIONS if you were waitlisted, it seems you received an email and that is what the Cardozo website says you should get. BUT did your status change on status checker and , if so, when did it change (same day as email etc.) what did it say when it changed (if it changed) and did the seat deposit numbers change? This can only be answered by someone who was waitlisted and if you are currently waitlisted this should be easy to check and let us know.

2. REJECTED-question: If you were rejected, the website says you are notified by snail mail. Prior to that you should have received a change to your status checker that said "decision rendered and sent". When your staus changed to that phrase, did your seat deposit change? You can still look at your status checker and let us all know.

3. ACCEPTED-question to those who were accepted. It seems as if almost all of you who were accepted received the news by phone, either with a direct phone call that you answered OR by voicemail if you did not answer. It also seems that all of your status checkers changed at about the same time (either just before or just after the call give or take a day). The question here that is important is whether those who were accepted saw their respective staus checkers say "decision rendered and sent" AND saw their seat deposits change.) Would all of you who were accepted please go back and check your seat deposits and see if they did change when you saw the message "decision rendered and sent"?

I am in the miserable position of having had my status checker change to "decision rendered and sent" on 2/5 and today is 2/12--one week and no letter and no call and my seat deposit has changed. With the big snow there have been many days without mail and getting mail belonging to someone else so not knowing whether the letter will ever get here. I have been patient but this is enough. If we all can get the answers to the above questions we can at least help somone else down the road. THANKS and BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU WHATEVER YOUR DECISIONS ARE.

I was accepted, and my status checker did not change until 2 days after I got the phone call. It changed to "decision rendered and sent" and the $ amount for seat deposits is now shown on the screen. I also got an email about an admitted students reception. Hope that helps. What are your stats?

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 pm

chameleon wrote:I was accepted, and my status checker did not change until 2 days after I got the phone call. It changed to "decision rendered and sent" and the $ amount for seat deposits is now shown on the screen. I also got an email about an admitted students reception. Hope that helps. What are your stats?

Ugh Carmen it's not fair. I'm been complete & under review since 1/15, and my LSAC report was sent 1/4. I want my decisionnnnn. You got yoursssssss =(

Cardozo's becoming my first choice... I'm pretty sure Fordham won't give me money (if they even let me in) due to the waitlist situation... and I'm debt averse.

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:05 pm

sibley wrote:
chameleon wrote:I was accepted, and my status checker did not change until 2 days after I got the phone call. It changed to "decision rendered and sent" and the $ amount for seat deposits is now shown on the screen. I also got an email about an admitted students reception. Hope that helps. What are your stats?

Ugh Carmen it's not fair. I'm been complete & under review since 1/15, and my LSAC report was sent 1/4. I want my decisionnnnn. You got yoursssssss =(

Cardozo's becoming my first choice... I'm pretty sure Fordham won't give me money (if they even let me in) due to the waitlist situation... and I'm debt averse.

My GPA was too low to hope for money from anywhere in the top 50 ... my LSAT saved me but if I want to go to a good school I will be graduating with debt :(

St John's offered me a full ride but I'd rather pay sticker for Cardozo than go to St John's for free (and I want to stay in NY, so my options are limited school-wise anyway).

Sibley where are you located? Wondering if I'll see you at any admitted students receptions if they get to you in the next few weeks, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 pm

chameleon wrote:
sibley wrote:

My GPA was too low to hope for money from anywhere in the top 50 ... my LSAT saved me but if I want to go to a good school I will be graduating with debt :(

St John's offered me a full ride but I'd rather pay sticker for Cardozo than go to St John's for free (and I want to stay in NY, so my options are limited school-wise anyway).

Sibley where are you located? Wondering if I'll see you at any admitted students receptions if they get to you in the next few weeks, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

If I get in (...by then? not 'at all'... yes?) I'll probably go to one so long as it's not in the middle of the week (even better if it coincides with one of Brooklyn's). I'm in Rochester. Working at Kodak! How very appropriate of me.

Does Cardozo offer travel reimbursement? I think Brooklyn does. I'll probably stay in Chappaqua with my boyfriend's family so I can use the funds for a flight and a metro card. If both schools offer, maybe I'll stay in NY.

Just had a thought. Maybe they're saving my application for Purim. Only there's no mail on Sundays. So their otherwise-brilliant plan is flawed.

lawandorderfan

Postby lawandorderfan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Chameleon, thanks for your prompt response. I did write out a reply but it did not show up. My stats are just a notch below Colin (see page 17 of this string) with respect to both LSAT and GPA. But he got his answer very quickly and I was complete back in early December. Also, I applied for the part time program. Maybe Cardozo will be doing what I know GW is doing--raising the part time entrance standards to the full-time program standards as a result of the USNWR lumping them all together for the rankings. best of luck to you at Cardozo if that is where you go.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:59 pm

How come the rankings don't match up with what's on Cardozo's site? =/

http://www.cardozo.yu.edu/MemberContent ... entid=2018

lawandorderfan

Postby lawandorderfan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:10 pm

I called my home and found out the letter finally came today and I was accepted to Cardozo. A bit of a surprise because I thought maybe I had gotten turned down. Postmarked February 5th--same day as my status checker changed to decision rendered and the seat deposit had changed to reflect due dates for deposits. The acceptance came in a pretty neat clear large envelope with a very nice letter from the Dean. I now have some very tough thinking to do about where to go but I do like Cardozo and it was not their fault the mail was all messed up with the huge series of snowfalls. But for those still waiting to hear it does seem as if MAYBE the fact the seat deposit shows up when the "decision rendered" shows up on status checker means you arre accepted. I sincerely hope that all of you who have been waiting so long get in.

mkj123

Postby mkj123 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Last edited by mkj123 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

see18

Postby see18 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:03 pm

Anyone going to be there on Monday?

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:05 pm

see18 wrote:Anyone going to be there on Monday?

not unless they let me in tomorrow...

see18

Postby see18 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 pm

sibley wrote:
see18 wrote:Anyone going to be there on Monday?

not unless they let me in tomorrow...

I kind of forgot to RSVP properly, but I had talked to the Associate Dean and told her I was coming...think that's good enough? I'm also confused about whether it's the same thing as the Diversity Day, which looks like it was canceled? Seeing as I leave for New York on Sunday...I'd kind of like to know...

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I have been complete since 1/13- I just want to knowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:18 pm

flowerpot wrote:I have been complete since 1/13- I just want to knowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Since 12/8, already pulled out my hair and gave up on the status checker

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Since 12/8, already pulled out my hair and gave up on the status checker

haha I'm right there with you!

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:05 pm

complete since end of december. I applied for the may program. Dont know when Ill be hearing..

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm

goosey wrote:went to ITAP yesterday at cardozo and it was really cool.

How does that work? Is it something everyone has to do or is it purely elective?

Also, loving that Cardozo gives the whole week off for Passover.
Last edited by sibley on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:28 pm

E-mail waitlist this morning.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:E-mail waitlist this morning.

Sorry =( Stats? And when were you complete?

Anyone else have any updates? I'm still 'complete and under review' from 1/15

itsfine

Postby itsfine » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:25 pm

does anyone know how much the rent is for the housing supplied by cardozo is, i believe it is called the alabama. or better yet, does anyone has any information on this housing?

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 pm

i hate being on hold. this blows considering some of my other offers.

carlkenneth

Postby carlkenneth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:01 pm

For all of those that are still waiting, before I got my acceptance call (and the subsequent package in the mail) I called the admissions office and spoke with one of the associate deans. She mentioned that though Cardozo reviews applications in the order they are sent, they don't necessarily render decisions in that order. I applied in late October and didnt hear anything until late January. Many students that applied after October had decisions rendered several weeks before I did. So if you sent your application post-January 1st, be patient. It's only been six weeks :-)

In other news...I went to the Cardozo Sneak Peak event today. It was pretty good. Students were very honest about life at Cardozo, employment prospects etc. Everyone seemed laid back. The person that made my acceptance call remembered me (those types of things impress me). It definitely confirmed for that Cardozo should be amongst my top choices.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:14 pm

sibley wrote:

How does that work? Is it something everyone has to do or is it purely elective?

are u referring to the student participating in itap or hopefuls volunteering?

as for the former, I believe (if I remember correctly) its offered as an intensive--the students that are taking the intensive are the ones that participate in the actual mock trial.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 pm

goosey wrote:
sibley wrote:

are u referring to the student participating in itap or hopefuls volunteering?

as for the former, I believe (if I remember correctly) its offered as an intensive--the students that are taking the intensive are the ones that participate in the actual mock trial.

And what is an intensive? According to their calendar ITAP is 2 weeks over winter break. I both have no interest in trial and no interest in using my winter break for that... I just don't want to have to do it. Ever.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”