Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wanttoleavemyjob

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 pm

In today via phone call with scholarship also :) :)

lawyergirl:)

Postby lawyergirl:) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:59 pm

wanttoleavemyjob wrote:In today via phone call with scholarship also :) :)

CONGRATS!

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:00 pm

did your statuses change before the phone call? or after?

Postby lawyergirl:) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:00 pm

chameleon wrote:did your statuses change before the phone call? or after?

Still haven't changed actually

wanttoleavemyjob

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Mine hasn't changed either.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 pm

I got a phone call today. I was excited because of this thread and because I never get phone calls. But it was a local number =(

So I didn't answer.

Postby lawyergirl:) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:07 pm

sibley wrote:I got a phone call today. I was excited because of this thread and because I never get phone calls. But it was a local number =(

So I didn't answer.

That made me laugh. Your time will come. Your LSAT score was my goal. Good luck!

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

I feel lucky now, I see people with really high numbers getting hold, while I am a splitter and I got in with a full ride, I guess they really like my "I want to save the world" Personal statement.
But seriously, has anyone gotten any scholarship offer without any GPA requirement? My letters says that my scholarship is GUARANTEE in bold, it only says as long as I comply with the student conduct etc etc. Am I missing something? is this too good to be true?

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 pm

cr073137 wrote:I feel lucky now, I see people with really high numbers getting hold, while I am a splitter and I got in with a full ride, I guess they really like my "I want to save the world" Personal statement.
But seriously, has anyone gotten any scholarship offer without any GPA requirement? My letters says that my scholarship is GUARANTEE in bold, it only says as long as I comply with the student conduct etc etc. Am I missing something? is this too good to be true?

Unless there's something in student conduct that says you gotta stay in the top 50% of your class...

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:12 pm

cr073137 wrote:I feel lucky now, I see people with really high numbers getting hold, while I am a splitter and I got in with a full ride, I guess they really like my "I want to save the world" Personal statement.

I got the same offer. It says its guaranteed as long as we abide by the code of conduct. My other scholarship offers from other schools that have a GPA contingency explicitly state that requirement. So, looks like we got a no-strings-attached offer!

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:11 pm

I have a terrible habit of forgetting to check my voicemail but just did and received a lovely message from Dean Martinidez congratulating me on my acceptance and offering $27k/yr. not bad!

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:11 pm

does anyone know if the status checker changes prior to getting a rejection letter in the mail?

colin

Postby colin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 pm

I know I shouldn't complain because my app didn't go complete until 1/20, but I'm really eager to hear from Cardozo and the anticipation is killing me. 164 lsat, 3.46 in Econ from Northwestern, work experience, good recs. Just waiting, waiting, waiting, and checking the status about 15 times a day, haha!

Didn't realize that they would call... that's nice, but now in addition to checking the status compulsively I now have to keep my phone in my left hand at all times! Damn!

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 pm

colin wrote:I know I shouldn't complain because my app didn't go complete until 1/20, but I'm really eager to hear from Cardozo and the anticipation is killing me. 164 lsat, 3.46 in Econ from Northwestern, work experience, good recs. Just waiting, waiting, waiting, and checking the status about 15 times a day, haha!

Didn't realize that they would call... that's nice, but now in addition to checking the status compulsively I now have to keep my phone in my left hand at all times! Damn!

welcome to my life.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:37 pm

chameleon wrote:
colin wrote:I know I shouldn't complain because my app didn't go complete until 1/20, but I'm really eager to hear from Cardozo and the anticipation is killing me. 164 lsat, 3.46 in Econ from Northwestern, work experience, good recs. Just waiting, waiting, waiting, and checking the status about 15 times a day, haha!

welcome to my life.

Hey, if I recall, you were the one with the phone interview, right? How did that go?

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

I thought it went really well, it lasted about 20 minutes and I got some really good answers to a few of the logistical questions I had. I'm just waiting now and jumping every time my blackberry buzzes... Have you visited the school? I knew I wanted to go there prior to visiting but after seeing the building and the area, it really cemented Cardozo as my #1.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Oh, it was you who set up the interview? I gotcha, I thought it was the other way around.

That's still good you were able to talk to them. I haven't been down to the school yet, last few times I've been in NYC it's been dark by the time I got there, hah. I'm gonna be heading in the weekend of the 14th to meet some friends, but I was gonna try during the day to see it, think I'll be able to walk around on the weekend?

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

They set up the interview but it was more like a conversation than anything else. It didn't seem like she had a list of questions that she had to get through, and she invited me to ask questions, which I did. I'm not sure about visiting on the weekend, I went on a Friday and it was a good experience, but even just the area around it (Union Square) is pretty amazing in and of itself.

What made you want Cardozo?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:06 pm

chameleon wrote:They set up the interview but it was more like a conversation than anything else. It didn't seem like she had a list of questions that she had to get through, and she invited me to ask questions, which I did. I'm not sure about visiting on the weekend, I went on a Friday and it was a good experience, but even just the area around it (Union Square) is pretty amazing in and of itself.

I've been through Union Sq a few times, but again, it's mostly been at night, hah.

Cardozo would allow me to live and work in NYC which is something I really want, on top of the fact that they have an IP concentration which is awesome because that's the reason I'm going to law school. I'm looking for biotech or pharma, but they also have some entertainment and music law courses which...assuming I can fit that in, sound like they would be a ton of fun.

I feel like a dork now.

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:14 pm

even2flow wrote:
chameleon wrote:They set up the interview but it was more like a conversation than anything else. It didn't seem like she had a list of questions that she had to get through, and she invited me to ask questions, which I did. I'm not sure about visiting on the weekend, I went on a Friday and it was a good experience, but even just the area around it (Union Square) is pretty amazing in and of itself.

I've been through Union Sq a few times, but again, it's mostly been at night, hah.

Cardozo would allow me to live and work in NYC which is something I really want, on top of the fact that they have an IP concentration which is awesome because that's the reason I'm going to law school. I'm looking for biotech or pharma, but they also have some entertainment and music law courses which...assuming I can fit that in, sound like they would be a ton of fun.

I feel like a dork now.

We're dorks together, I'm planning on biotech IP too :) They have some really cool patent-specific classes, too.

AgentOrange80

Postby AgentOrange80 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 pm

even2flow wrote:Oh, it was you who set up the interview? I gotcha, I thought it was the other way around.

That's still good you were able to talk to them. I haven't been down to the school yet, last few times I've been in NYC it's been dark by the time I got there, hah. I'm gonna be heading in the weekend of the 14th to meet some friends, but I was gonna try during the day to see it, think I'll be able to walk around on the weekend?

You can schedule an interview for Monday - Friday and occasionally Sundays (if they have a tour guide who will give one). All you have to do is call the office of admissions and let them know what day you would like to tour. I think the tours run between 11 AM and noon (around the lunch hour) and are given by current students.

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 am

For all of you who got in on Tuesday, when did you go complete? I went complete and under review on 1/8 and still haven't heard anything! Cardozo is definitely one of my top choices and I am dying to know if I'm in or not!

pleaseadmitme

Postby pleaseadmitme » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:55 pm

flowerpot wrote:For all of you who got in on Tuesday, when did you go complete? I went complete and under review on 1/8 and still haven't heard anything! Cardozo is definitely one of my top choices and I am dying to know if I'm in or not!

I've been complete and under review since 11/18. I called Cardozo and they said it can be up to 8 weeks after your application went complete, and that they didn't really start to review applications until January 1st.

However, you have pretty good stats, so maybe you'll hear sooner rather than later.

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I hope so! I can imagine how annoyed you are waiting since November haha... hopefully we'll hear soon!!

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:20 pm

So 8 weeks from January 1st is.... hmmm.... about 2 weeks from now? That wouldn't be too awful, though I'm not looking forward to a long wait for scholarship information.

I like Cardozo. I think I'd be comfortable there. My undergrad institution had a nickname, dubbed by the Lubavitchers. Jew of R. Get it? Get it? Instead of U? ...I have it on a shirt.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”