Cardozo 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chameleon

New

Re: Cardozo 2010

Post by chameleon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:46 pm

i know this is my 3rd post about it but cardozo is my 1st choice and i don't know what to think:

is a phone interview really that rare? i haven't found anyone that has had one. it has to be better than being waitlisted or held, right?

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:59 pm

chameleon wrote:i know this is my 3rd post about it but cardozo is my 1st choice and i don't know what to think
I don't know about the rarity, personally, but I'd brush up on why that is and not keep them waiting.

Separate note: did you guys recieve any confirmation when they recieved the Dean's Cert? I sent the form to my school's Registrar's office, and haven't heard anything. According to a diff status checker for a diff school, they haven't recieved the form yet, so I'm assuming Cardozo hasn't either?

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

In with full scholarship!!! I'd have to stay in the top 40%, but it's still a good deal.

Good luck everyone!

fkaKingsCollege

New

Post by fkaKingsCollege » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:06 pm

forty-two wrote:In with full scholarship!!! I'd have to stay in the top 40%, but it's still a good deal.

Good luck everyone!
Same here! :D

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
forty-two wrote:In with full scholarship!!! I'd have to stay in the top 40%, but it's still a good deal.

Good luck everyone!
congrats to you both! when did you go complete?

fkaKings- we're numbers twins! i'm hoping for the same.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:33 pm

hannah87 wrote: congrats to you both! when did you go complete?.
I went complete the first week of December.

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the class needs to stay in the top 40% to keep their scholarships? Is it more than 40%?

sirchristaylor

Bronze

Post by sirchristaylor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

In via phone call this afternoon! :D I was driving when I received the call, and hit a bad service area. I lost the woman with whom I spoke, so who knows if she had additional information for me! I really want to call back, but don't know if I should!

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:In via phone call this afternoon! :D I was driving when I received the call, and hit a bad service area. I lost the woman with whom I spoke, so who knows if she had additional information for me! I really want to call back, but don't know if I should!
lol, call back or she'll think you hung up on her

sirchristaylor

Bronze

Post by sirchristaylor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Panther7 wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:In via phone call this afternoon! :D I was driving when I received the call, and hit a bad service area. I lost the woman with whom I spoke, so who knows if she had additional information for me! I really want to call back, but don't know if I should!
Ha! Well, after she gave me the good news, I said, "Thank you so much. This is great news! I'm driving in the car and will lose service in a few moments. Thank you so much!" ***beep, beep, beep***

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:58 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
Ha! Well, after she gave me the good news, I said, "Thank you so much. This is great news! I'm driving in the car and will lose service in a few moments. Thank you so much!" ***beep, beep, beep***
ok, fair enough. however, don't be afraid to call them back at all if you have some questions or something you want to talk about.

fkaKingsCollege

New

Post by fkaKingsCollege » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:49 pm

hannah87 wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:

Good luck everyone!
congrats to you both! when did you go complete?

fkaKings- we're numbers twins! i'm hoping for the same.
Went complete mid-December.

mayosmith

Bronze

Post by mayosmith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:09 pm

In via phone call. Dean M was incredibly kind and nice.

Status checker hasn't changed, fwiw.

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 pm

In via voicemail w/ full ride. My voicemail goes something like "if this is not a law school and you leave me a message, we are no longer friends" --so before she gave me the news the dean made fun of me. Props to cardozo for having a dean with a sense of humor.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

qbid250ks

New

Post by qbid250ks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a 3.85 LSAC UGPA and a 163. What do you think my chances at admission are? I have very strong LORs and experiences, as well as a strong PS.

Your input is much appreciated!

um08

New

Post by um08 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:12 pm

even2flow wrote:
chameleon wrote:i know this is my 3rd post about it but cardozo is my 1st choice and i don't know what to think
I don't know about the rarity, personally, but I'd brush up on why that is and not keep them waiting.

Separate note: did you guys recieve any confirmation when they recieved the Dean's Cert? I sent the form to my school's Registrar's office, and haven't heard anything. According to a diff status checker for a diff school, they haven't recieved the form yet, so I'm assuming Cardozo hasn't either?[/quote]

I was incomplete for about a month on my status checker while Cardozo was waiting for my dean's certification. I looked into the delay with my undergrad, and made sure it was sent out, while keeping Cardozo posted on the status. Within a day or 2 of receiving the form, Cardozo updated my status to complete and sent an e-mail notification that I was now complete and going under review.

sirchristaylor

Bronze

Post by sirchristaylor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 pm

qbid250ks wrote:Hey Guys,

I have a 3.85 LSAC UGPA and a 163. What do you think my chances at admission are? I have very strong LORs and experiences, as well as a strong PS.

In today via phone with a 161, 3.95, good softs.

Stellar

New

Post by Stellar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:32 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:In via voicemail w/ full ride. My voicemail goes something like "if this is not a law school and you leave me a message, we are no longer friends" --so before she gave me the news the dean made fun of me. Props to cardozo for having a dean with a sense of humor.
That's the best thing I've heard all day.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yaffa9423

New

Post by yaffa9423 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 am

3.95/165

Missed a call from the Dean of Admissions - seemed like a great guy. $34k a year and that my acceptance package is on the way.

see18

New

Post by see18 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 pm

For those who were wondering...

We are glad you are interested in visiting Cardozo. Our donors have made travel subsidies available for those whose travel to New York presents a financial burden. To qualify for a travel subsidy, admitted students must participate in Admitted Students Day or a Sneak Peek and are expected to attend for the duration of the program.

In short, our reimbursement plan is as follows:

· up to $400 toward your travel expenses if you are traveling from a distance of 500 miles or more; or

· up to $200 if you are traveling from a distance of over 350 miles.

Costs eligible for reimbursement include the admitted student’s airfare, taxi, hotel accommodations, and meals. Aside from your airfare, we will only reimburse the admitted student’s purchases made on the day of the event, the day prior and/or the day after the event.

Package deals, often booked through discount travel Web sites, only qualify for reimbursement if the cost of each item purchased, including tax and fee, is provided.

Transportation

We will reimburse the admitted student’s roundtrip airfare (economy class only) from your home or college/university area airport to a New York City area airport. Your home airport is one that is located in the area of the current address listed on your application. In addition, the cost of a taxi to and from the airport is eligible for reimbursement.

Should you choose to use the New York City subway system, the cost of one-way MetroCards or the cost of a 1-Day Fun Pass may qualify for reimbursement.

Hotel

The cost of lodging should be kept to a minimum by requesting standard accommodations. Should you choose to stay in a hotel beyond our reimbursement period, we will require that the cost per day also be provided.

Meals

Meals eligible for reimbursement include dinner the day before the event, breakfast the day after, and/or meals that are not provided during the event. If dining with others, request a separate receipt; we cannot reimburse expenses for anyone other than the admitted student. For those visiting for Admitted Student Day on Thursday, March 18 meals will be provided; therefore, we are unable to reimburse the cost of meals that day.

We will reimburse up to the following amounts: Breakfast - $10; Lunch - $18; Dinner - $32.

At least one week prior to the event, please inform me if you plan to utilize a travel subsidy and of your originating location. At that time, I will send you an expense report that you must submit along with all ORIGINAL receipts (a printout of the airline will suffice) upon your return home. We cannot reimburse expenses for which an original receipt is not provided. Your paperwork for reimbursement must be received no later than three weeks after the event. Please note it typically takes six to eight weeks to be reimbursed.

Please note, the approximate timeframe for Admitted Students Day (March 18) is 10 am – 7 pm and 2 pm- 6 pm for the Cardozo Sneak Peeks (February 15, April 14 and May 13).

wanttoleavemyjob

New

Style of Admitting

Post by wanttoleavemyjob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Has everyone who has been admitted heard via phone? Do they update the status also? Do some people only get a letter?

moviechicka

New

Post by moviechicka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:35 pm

I think my first ding of the cycle is on it's way. Status Checker said "Decision rendered and sent." However, there was no change in the deposit amount. Oh well. Moving on.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

carlkenneth

Bronze

Post by carlkenneth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Omg...my current status just changed to 'Decision rendered and sent'. The seat deposit info also changed to indicate $ amounts and due date. Has this changed for others? It seems as though most folks have heard via phone call whether or not they've been admitted - this means I've probably been dinged :-( Cardozo is the last of my top choices that I'm waiting to hear from.

moviechicka

New

Post by moviechicka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

carlkenneth wrote:Omg...my current status just changed to 'Decision rendered and sent'. The seat deposit info also changed to indicate $ amounts and due date. Has this changed for others? It seems as though most folks have heard via phone call whether or not they've been admitted - this means I've probably been dinged :-( Cardozo is the last of my top choices that I'm waiting to hear from.
If you see a seat amount then you've probably been accepted.

getmetolawschool

New

Post by getmetolawschool » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Hey Guys,

I was held with literally your exact numbers and then ended up withdrawing out of sheer irritation with said hold. But if you're interested and this happens to you, people a few pages back seemed to believe that a nice LOCI would do the trick. Good luck :)

carlkenneth

Bronze

Post by carlkenneth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:07 pm

moviechicka wrote:
carlkenneth wrote:Omg...my current status just changed to 'Decision rendered and sent'. The seat deposit info also changed to indicate $ amounts and due date. Has this changed for others? It seems as though most folks have heard via phone call whether or not they've been admitted - this means I've probably been dinged :-( Cardozo is the last of my top choices that I'm waiting to hear from.
If you see a seat amount then you've probably been accepted.
I see deposit amounts, and due dates. My fingers are crossed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”