Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chameleon
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby chameleon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:46 pm

i know this is my 3rd post about it but cardozo is my 1st choice and i don't know what to think:

is a phone interview really that rare? i haven't found anyone that has had one. it has to be better than being waitlisted or held, right?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby even2flow » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:59 pm

chameleon wrote:i know this is my 3rd post about it but cardozo is my 1st choice and i don't know what to think


I don't know about the rarity, personally, but I'd brush up on why that is and not keep them waiting.

Separate note: did you guys recieve any confirmation when they recieved the Dean's Cert? I sent the form to my school's Registrar's office, and haven't heard anything. According to a diff status checker for a diff school, they haven't recieved the form yet, so I'm assuming Cardozo hasn't either?

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby forty-two » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

In with full scholarship!!! I'd have to stay in the top 40%, but it's still a good deal.

Good luck everyone!

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:06 pm

forty-two wrote:In with full scholarship!!! I'd have to stay in the top 40%, but it's still a good deal.

Good luck everyone!


Same here! :D

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby hannah87 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
forty-two wrote:In with full scholarship!!! I'd have to stay in the top 40%, but it's still a good deal.

Good luck everyone!


Same here! :D


congrats to you both! when did you go complete?

fkaKings- we're numbers twins! i'm hoping for the same.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby forty-two » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:33 pm

hannah87 wrote:congrats to you both! when did you go complete?.


I went complete the first week of December.

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the class needs to stay in the top 40% to keep their scholarships? Is it more than 40%?

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

In via phone call this afternoon! :D I was driving when I received the call, and hit a bad service area. I lost the woman with whom I spoke, so who knows if she had additional information for me! I really want to call back, but don't know if I should!

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby Panther7 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:In via phone call this afternoon! :D I was driving when I received the call, and hit a bad service area. I lost the woman with whom I spoke, so who knows if she had additional information for me! I really want to call back, but don't know if I should!


lol, call back or she'll think you hung up on her

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Panther7 wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:In via phone call this afternoon! :D I was driving when I received the call, and hit a bad service area. I lost the woman with whom I spoke, so who knows if she had additional information for me! I really want to call back, but don't know if I should!


lol, call back or she'll think you hung up on her


Ha! Well, after she gave me the good news, I said, "Thank you so much. This is great news! I'm driving in the car and will lose service in a few moments. Thank you so much!" ***beep, beep, beep***

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby Panther7 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:58 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:In via phone call this afternoon! :D I was driving when I received the call, and hit a bad service area. I lost the woman with whom I spoke, so who knows if she had additional information for me! I really want to call back, but don't know if I should!


lol, call back or she'll think you hung up on her


Ha! Well, after she gave me the good news, I said, "Thank you so much. This is great news! I'm driving in the car and will lose service in a few moments. Thank you so much!" ***beep, beep, beep***


ok, fair enough. however, don't be afraid to call them back at all if you have some questions or something you want to talk about.

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:49 pm

hannah87 wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:
forty-two wrote:In with full scholarship!!! I'd have to stay in the top 40%, but it's still a good deal.

Good luck everyone!


Same here! :D


congrats to you both! when did you go complete?

fkaKings- we're numbers twins! i'm hoping for the same.


Went complete mid-December.

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby mayosmith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:09 pm

In via phone call. Dean M was incredibly kind and nice.

Status checker hasn't changed, fwiw.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 pm

In via voicemail w/ full ride. My voicemail goes something like "if this is not a law school and you leave me a message, we are no longer friends" --so before she gave me the news the dean made fun of me. Props to cardozo for having a dean with a sense of humor.

qbid250ks
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby qbid250ks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a 3.85 LSAC UGPA and a 163. What do you think my chances at admission are? I have very strong LORs and experiences, as well as a strong PS.

Your input is much appreciated!

User avatar
um08
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby um08 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:12 pm

even2flow wrote:
chameleon wrote:i know this is my 3rd post about it but cardozo is my 1st choice and i don't know what to think


I don't know about the rarity, personally, but I'd brush up on why that is and not keep them waiting.

Separate note: did you guys recieve any confirmation when they recieved the Dean's Cert? I sent the form to my school's Registrar's office, and haven't heard anything. According to a diff status checker for a diff school, they haven't recieved the form yet, so I'm assuming Cardozo hasn't either?[/quote]

I was incomplete for about a month on my status checker while Cardozo was waiting for my dean's certification. I looked into the delay with my undergrad, and made sure it was sent out, while keeping Cardozo posted on the status. Within a day or 2 of receiving the form, Cardozo updated my status to complete and sent an e-mail notification that I was now complete and going under review.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 pm

qbid250ks wrote:Hey Guys,

I have a 3.85 LSAC UGPA and a 163. What do you think my chances at admission are? I have very strong LORs and experiences, as well as a strong PS.

Your input is much appreciated!


In today via phone with a 161, 3.95, good softs.

User avatar
Stellar
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby Stellar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:32 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:In via voicemail w/ full ride. My voicemail goes something like "if this is not a law school and you leave me a message, we are no longer friends" --so before she gave me the news the dean made fun of me. Props to cardozo for having a dean with a sense of humor.


That's the best thing I've heard all day.

yaffa9423
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby yaffa9423 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 am

3.95/165

Missed a call from the Dean of Admissions - seemed like a great guy. $34k a year and that my acceptance package is on the way.

see18
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby see18 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 pm

For those who were wondering...

We are glad you are interested in visiting Cardozo. Our donors have made travel subsidies available for those whose travel to New York presents a financial burden. To qualify for a travel subsidy, admitted students must participate in Admitted Students Day or a Sneak Peek and are expected to attend for the duration of the program.



In short, our reimbursement plan is as follows:



· up to $400 toward your travel expenses if you are traveling from a distance of 500 miles or more; or

· up to $200 if you are traveling from a distance of over 350 miles.



Costs eligible for reimbursement include the admitted student’s airfare, taxi, hotel accommodations, and meals. Aside from your airfare, we will only reimburse the admitted student’s purchases made on the day of the event, the day prior and/or the day after the event.



Package deals, often booked through discount travel Web sites, only qualify for reimbursement if the cost of each item purchased, including tax and fee, is provided.



Transportation

We will reimburse the admitted student’s roundtrip airfare (economy class only) from your home or college/university area airport to a New York City area airport. Your home airport is one that is located in the area of the current address listed on your application. In addition, the cost of a taxi to and from the airport is eligible for reimbursement.



Should you choose to use the New York City subway system, the cost of one-way MetroCards or the cost of a 1-Day Fun Pass may qualify for reimbursement.



Hotel

The cost of lodging should be kept to a minimum by requesting standard accommodations. Should you choose to stay in a hotel beyond our reimbursement period, we will require that the cost per day also be provided.



Meals

Meals eligible for reimbursement include dinner the day before the event, breakfast the day after, and/or meals that are not provided during the event. If dining with others, request a separate receipt; we cannot reimburse expenses for anyone other than the admitted student. For those visiting for Admitted Student Day on Thursday, March 18 meals will be provided; therefore, we are unable to reimburse the cost of meals that day.



We will reimburse up to the following amounts: Breakfast - $10; Lunch - $18; Dinner - $32.



At least one week prior to the event, please inform me if you plan to utilize a travel subsidy and of your originating location. At that time, I will send you an expense report that you must submit along with all ORIGINAL receipts (a printout of the airline will suffice) upon your return home. We cannot reimburse expenses for which an original receipt is not provided. Your paperwork for reimbursement must be received no later than three weeks after the event. Please note it typically takes six to eight weeks to be reimbursed.





Please note, the approximate timeframe for Admitted Students Day (March 18) is 10 am – 7 pm and 2 pm- 6 pm for the Cardozo Sneak Peeks (February 15, April 14 and May 13).

wanttoleavemyjob
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Style of Admitting

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Has everyone who has been admitted heard via phone? Do they update the status also? Do some people only get a letter?

moviechicka
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby moviechicka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:35 pm

I think my first ding of the cycle is on it's way. Status Checker said "Decision rendered and sent." However, there was no change in the deposit amount. Oh well. Moving on.

carlkenneth
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby carlkenneth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Omg...my current status just changed to 'Decision rendered and sent'. The seat deposit info also changed to indicate $ amounts and due date. Has this changed for others? It seems as though most folks have heard via phone call whether or not they've been admitted - this means I've probably been dinged :-( Cardozo is the last of my top choices that I'm waiting to hear from.

moviechicka
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby moviechicka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

carlkenneth wrote:Omg...my current status just changed to 'Decision rendered and sent'. The seat deposit info also changed to indicate $ amounts and due date. Has this changed for others? It seems as though most folks have heard via phone call whether or not they've been admitted - this means I've probably been dinged :-( Cardozo is the last of my top choices that I'm waiting to hear from.


If you see a seat amount then you've probably been accepted.

getmetolawschool
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby getmetolawschool » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a 3.85 LSAC UGPA and a 163. What do you think my chances at admission are? I have very strong LORs and experiences, as well as a strong PS.

Your input is much appreciated!


I was held with literally your exact numbers and then ended up withdrawing out of sheer irritation with said hold. But if you're interested and this happens to you, people a few pages back seemed to believe that a nice LOCI would do the trick. Good luck :)

carlkenneth
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby carlkenneth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:07 pm

moviechicka wrote:
carlkenneth wrote:Omg...my current status just changed to 'Decision rendered and sent'. The seat deposit info also changed to indicate $ amounts and due date. Has this changed for others? It seems as though most folks have heard via phone call whether or not they've been admitted - this means I've probably been dinged :-( Cardozo is the last of my top choices that I'm waiting to hear from.


If you see a seat amount then you've probably been accepted.


I see deposit amounts, and due dates. My fingers are crossed.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”