Cardozo 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Foosters Galore

Bronze

Re: Cardozo 2010

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 pm

cityglamorous wrote:Just got the call. Accepted to Cardozo for the fall 2010. Very exciting. For anyone still waiting, I have a 3.56 GPA and a low 154 LSAT. Don't lose hope! Good things come to those who wait! :lol:

congrats! are you URM?

cityglamorous

New

Post by cityglamorous » Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Why yes, yes I am. lol. I supposed that was a helping factor.

ericng314

New

Post by ericng314 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Was rejected from Cardozo w/ same stats for May program. Wished I was a URM b/c I prob would've gained admission like the person before me :(. Oh well

pamplemousse

New

Post by pamplemousse » Tue May 25, 2010 7:02 pm

cityglamorous wrote:Got a call from Cardozo yesterday afternoon. It was sort of a mini interview type deal. Nearly scared me half to death. I don't know whether to take the call as a good thing or a bad thing. Wish me luck! & good luck to everyone out there still waiting! :)
I also got this call. Wonderrrrr....

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Tue May 25, 2010 7:36 pm

pamplemousse wrote:
cityglamorous wrote:Got a call from Cardozo yesterday afternoon. It was sort of a mini interview type deal. Nearly scared me half to death. I don't know whether to take the call as a good thing or a bad thing. Wish me luck! & good luck to everyone out there still waiting! :)
Were you guys on Hold, previously?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cityglamorous

New

Post by cityglamorous » Tue May 25, 2010 9:53 pm

@ericng314: I'm pretty sure that my "URM status" helped me slightly. However, I take pride in my many other accomplishments and I am sure that the deciding factor had little to do with such futile ideas. Still best wishes on your future endeavors.

@pamplemouse: Don't loose hope, love. At the very least, the call means that they are on the fence about you and your application. And we both know that on the fence is better than in the rejection pile. Keep in touch and let me know how everything goes.

@tommytahoe: No I was not on hold previously. Actually my status checker never even changed. I woke up this morning to a voicemail and an email. But I've heard that they are not full just yet and out of the 1,000 that they admit only 300 or so end up going. Which seems to indicate that many admitted decline the offer. So on hold is actually a very promising position! :) Hope all goes well!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Tue May 25, 2010 10:07 pm

cityglamorous wrote:@ericng314: I'm pretty sure that my "URM status" helped me slightly. However, I take pride in my many other accomplishments and I am sure that the deciding factor had little to do with such futile ideas. Still best wishes on your future endeavors.

@pamplemouse: Don't loose hope, love. At the very least, the call means that they are on the fence about you and your application. And we both know that on the fence is better than in the rejection pile. Keep in touch and let me know how everything goes.

@tommytahoe: No I was not on hold previously. Actually my status checker never even changed. I woke up this morning to a voicemail and an email. But I've heard that they are not full just yet and out of the 1,000 that they admit only 300 or so end up going. Which seems to indicate that many admitted decline the offer. So on hold is actually a very promising position! :) Hope all goes well!
Thank you. I suppose it is promising. However, the message I got way back when re: being on Hold was that it was a function of their not having space to admit me/ over-enrolled, not that I wasn't preferred by their office. To hear that folks continue to get admitted since that time just indicates to me that the reason I was given was disingenuous.

But congrats to you!!

towel42

New

Post by towel42 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Just got an e mail for an interview. What did they ask you? any tips? who interviewed you?

towel42

New

Post by towel42 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:33 pm

cityglamorous wrote:
Thank you. I suppose it is promising. However, the message I got way back when re: being on Hold was that it was a function of their not having space to admit me/ over-enrolled, not that I wasn't preferred by their office. To hear that folks continue to get admitted since that time just indicates to me that the reason I was given was disingenuous.

But congrats to you!!
From what I have read and heard from people in the field, that is the true reason you are on hold (i am in the same boat). However, they don't fill the spots in order, but use it to "balance their class" ie if they get 100 deposits all from 21 yr old white men, they'll go looking on their hold list for older/female candidates

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cityglamorous

New

Post by cityglamorous » Wed May 26, 2010 3:16 pm

I believe it was Ms Taylor that interviewed me. I honestly can't remember as much because I was so damn surprised. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Simply questions about why you want to go to law school and why you want to go there. If necessary, they may ask questions about certain discrepancies or weak points in your resume. It seemed like they just wanted to get a feel for who I was. Hope this helps!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Wed May 26, 2010 5:10 pm

towel42 wrote:
cityglamorous wrote:

But congrats to you!!
From what I have read and heard from people in the field, that is the true reason you are on hold (i am in the same boat). However, they don't fill the spots in order, but use it to "balance their class" ie if they get 100 deposits all from 21 yr old white men, they'll go looking on their hold list for older/female candidates
aha. Now i see why I was placed on hold. Im a 27 year old recovering alcoholic. Gotta have that balance.

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Wed May 26, 2010 5:54 pm

So today, I finally saw "decision rendered and sent." Since wait list decisions are sent through e-mail and it doesn't say "acceptedd - congratulations!" and since I didn't get an e-mail about an interview, this means I was rejected...right? Or does it not say anything besides "decision rendered and sent" regardless of the outcome is?

evilgenius

Bronze

Post by evilgenius » Wed May 26, 2010 9:57 pm

did any other TLS'ers go to the admitted students cocktail event tonight?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pamplemousse

New

Post by pamplemousse » Thu May 27, 2010 4:29 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
pamplemousse wrote:
Were you guys on Hold, previously?

no, that was the first i heard since i went complete in feb.

pamplemousse

New

Post by pamplemousse » Thu May 27, 2010 4:34 pm

cityglamorous wrote:@ericng314: I'm pretty sure that my "URM status" helped me slightly. However, I take pride in my many other accomplishments and I am sure that the deciding factor had little to do with such futile ideas. Still best wishes on your future endeavors.

true, true. i'm writing them a LOCI to send out tomorrow morning. we'll seee!

did they by any chance give you any $$ ?!

cityglamorous

New

Post by cityglamorous » Fri May 28, 2010 3:36 pm

pamplemousse wrote:

true, true. i'm writing them a LOCI to send out tomorrow morning. we'll seee!

did they by any chance give you any $$ ?!
I don't know yet. She told me that I had to file my FAFSA and then they would send me package. Since then I have filed and so I'm waiting - rather impatiently :)

cityglamorous

New

Post by cityglamorous » Fri May 28, 2010 3:38 pm

b.j. wrote:So today, I finally saw "decision rendered and sent." Since wait list decisions are sent through e-mail and it doesn't say "acceptedd - congratulations!" and since I didn't get an e-mail about an interview, this means I was rejected...right? Or does it not say anything besides "decision rendered and sent" regardless of the outcome is?
My status checker reads "decision rendered and sent" now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Et Tu Brute352

New

Post by Et Tu Brute352 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:06 pm

ericng314 wrote:Was rejected from Cardozo w/ same stats for May program. Wished I was a URM b/c I prob would've gained admission like the person before me :(. Oh well
Lol, I don't even want to touch this topic but... if you are off the median LSAT by 10 points for a school and get in (unless you cured cancer..) I have a hard time believing it wasn't because of the color of your skin..not saying that there's anything wrong with that, work the system the entire way... Being an Over-represented minority though and and having much stronger credentials in terms of numbers...if I don't get in I'm going to paint myself a different color and re-apply next year.

cityglamorous

New

Post by cityglamorous » Sat May 29, 2010 5:11 pm

I have no intention of arguing or justifying my acceptance to Cardozo. Good luck to everyone & I hope that everything turns out for the best. :mrgreen:

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Did everyone on the "Hold" list get an email this morning about continued interest?

Et Tu Brute352

New

Post by Et Tu Brute352 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:32 pm

badpixie wrote:Did everyone on the "Hold" list get an email this morning about continued interest?
Nope, still under-review. Did your status checker change?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 pm

badpixie wrote:Did everyone on the "Hold" list get an email this morning about continued interest?

I'm on hold and I got the email.

Et Tu Brute352

New

Post by Et Tu Brute352 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:

Did your status checker change? What did the email say? Because I still haven't received it

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Et Tu Brute352 wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

Did your status checker change? What did the email say? Because I still haven't received it

"We are writing to provide you with another update on your candidacy for admission to Cardozo School of Law. To date, we have had very few openings in the entering class, but anticipate that a small number of seats will become available throughout the summer.

Our Admissions Committee has noted your interest in possible admission to Cardozo, and continues to recognize you as an outstanding candidate. We will therefore continue to hold your application and give you priority consideration for admission to Cardozo as seats become available.

At this time, we encourage you to once again reaffirm your interest in attending Cardozo this fall. To do so, please respond to this email no later than Tuesday, June 8 and be certain to include your full name and LSAC account number. In addition, if you have not already done so, you are welcome to submit additional information to supplement your application via email at lawinfo@yu.edu.

Alternatively, if your plans have changed and you are no longer interested in being considered for our fall 2010 entering class, please kindly let us know at lawinfo@yu.edu.

We appreciate your continued strong interest in Cardozo, and wish to reassure you that we will continue to provide you with every possible consideration during this process.

With kind regards,"

--No change on status checker....

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 pm

My status checker changed to "Decision Rendered and Sent" at the time that I recieved the first "Hold" email a couple of months ago. No change since then.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”