Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
itsfine

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby itsfine » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 pm

has anyone received a full + stipend? I see on TLS stats that they are given yet I haven't heard anyone mention them on here and I was curious as to what their numbers look like...

jjmartin

Postby jjmartin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:15 pm

orange_ava wrote:Any action for those on the waitlist for the May program?

I received an email Friday asking me to reply to one of the assistant deans with continued interest...

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:31 pm

b.j. wrote:Is anyone here still waiting for a FT response? I fucked up and didn't realize I needed to mail them a Dean's letter until late in the game, but I've been complete for over two weeks. Not a long time at all, especially compared to the person that who is still waiting after submitting his application in October, but after reading they were supposedly out of spots, it gives me a small glimmer of hope.

Just so you know, the Dean's Certification form is not required except for those who answered 'yes' an questions 17b and/or 17c (which are about "incidents" at your undergrad institution.
Thought you should know. Dean's Cert. form is required for all who are admitted, on the other hand... after admission.

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:27 am

tommytahoe wrote:
b.j. wrote:Is anyone here still waiting for a FT response? I fucked up and didn't realize I needed to mail them a Dean's letter until late in the game, but I've been complete for over two weeks. Not a long time at all, especially compared to the person that who is still waiting after submitting his application in October, but after reading they were supposedly out of spots, it gives me a small glimmer of hope.

Just so you know, the Dean's Certification form is not required except for those who answered 'yes' an questions 17b and/or 17c (which are about "incidents" at your undergrad institution.
Thought you should know. Dean's Cert. form is required for all who are admitted, on the other hand... after admission.

I know that. I was placed on academic probation twice (long story, bad major). It wasn't anything like cheating or stealing or vandalism.

rw2188

Postby rw2188 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 am

jjmartin wrote:

I received an email Friday asking me to reply to one of the assistant deans with continued interest...

ME TOO!
if you havent already, this is your opportunity to ask her questions (she is on the admissions committee) and send other documents, ie LOCI and more LOR.

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 am

Should I send in a LOCI? I haven't been wl. I'm still pending.

All this waiting is discouraging me, Cardozo.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm on the "dubious" Hold, and have already sent an e-mailed LOCI, plus updated resume, the latter as recently as last week. They said something would happen April 12, at which point they could re-evaluate my file. I don't think I need to send anything else.
Wow, these admissions offices in April must be nightmares (not that we're doing much better!).

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:59 pm

tommytahoe wrote:I'm on the "dubious" Hold, and have already sent an e-mailed LOCI, plus updated resume, the latter as recently as last week. They said something would happen April 12, at which point they could re-evaluate my file. I don't think I need to send anything else.
Wow, these admissions offices in April must be nightmares (not that we're doing much better!).

hey there tommy! im on the dubious hold as well. i hope we hear something soon!

dhg5004

Postby dhg5004 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:58 pm

rejected from my number one. what a bummer.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:00 pm

rodewan wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:I'm on the "dubious" Hold, and have already sent an e-mailed LOCI, plus updated resume, the latter as recently as last week. They said something would happen April 12, at which point they could re-evaluate my file. I don't think I need to send anything else.

hey there tommy! im on the dubious hold as well. i hope we hear something soon!

We should. I imagine this week, although I have no reason except hope to make that conclusion!

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 pm

lol hoping is all we can pretty much do at this point

holidayfromreal

Postby holidayfromreal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 pm

FYI - someone made a facebook group for the class of 2013 if anyone knows they're attending and wants to join

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... ..1&v=info

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:14 pm

anyone else who was on super special hold just get an email essentially saying the hold was gonna be extended into June? Cause I just did, and it sucks.

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:anyone else who was on super special hold just get an email essentially saying the hold was gonna be extended into June? Cause I just did, and it sucks.

I did...I don't care, cause I am going to GW!!!

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:20 pm

ryguy wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:anyone else who was on super special hold just get an email essentially saying the hold was gonna be extended into June? Cause I just did, and it sucks.

I did...I don't care, cause I am going to GW!!!

yay.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 pm

+1...and I wish I was going to GW.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:24 pm

i did. ridiculous.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Just got added to the super special hold list. Time to start drafting a killer LOCI.

Does anyone have any idea how many people are a part of this very exclusive little club? Is this Cardozo's version of waitlisting, or is it something different? Has anyone moved off this "hold list" and gotten admitted with a scholly?

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 pm

just got the hold extension email until june. so we waited with baited breath until the end of april to find out that we will hear in june. grrreat, i am loving law school already.

lshopeful3232

Postby lshopeful3232 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 pm

i did, what a joke. cardozo was one of the first schools i went complete at and one of the last i heard back from! (besides nyu). my numbers are auto-admit on lsn so i guess that's their loss for taking their sweet time.

orange_ava

Postby orange_ava » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 pm

rw2188 wrote:
jjmartin wrote:

ME TOO!
if you havent already, this is your opportunity to ask her questions (she is on the admissions committee) and send other documents, ie LOCI and more LOR.

Me too. I'm just nervous they will tell me the day before class starts and I'll have to make a quick decision.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:03 pm

badpixie wrote:

Just got added to the super special hold list. Time to start drafting a killer LOCI.

Does anyone have any idea how many people are a part of this very exclusive little club?

Right. Me too. Sucks big time. I sent them a LOCI in early April, an updated resume last week, and a quick, basic email just now thanking them for the update, and reiterating my strong interest.
I do not know how many are on the select club, but I believe them when they say there aren't many of us. Still, if the group starts to get very big, you run the risk of crossing over from select group, to large waitlist.
Is this Cardozo's version of waitlisting, or is it something different?

Speaking of which, I don't know the difference b/w Hold and waitlist either. i think there is a distinction to be made in that Waitlist is a school's way of saying "we are not offering you admission." Hold is their way of saying, "We are about to offer you admission, but more people than expected accepted our original offers, so we're in a bind."
But, as a matter of effect, there is little difference for applicants. To us, there are no spaces, but if spaces open up, they come to us first, kind of like GULC's Special Preferred Waiting List ??

Has anyone moved off this "hold list" and gotten admitted with a scholly?

Good question. I'd like to know this for sure. I'd like to think that the answer is yes, b/c the cause of the lack of seats is not our application's being subpar as much as it is the large number of acceptances from admits. Still, by June, I can't imagine there's piles of cash floating around the cardozo coffers.

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:26 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
badpixie wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how many people are a part of this very exclusive little club?

Right. Me too. Sucks big time. I sent them a LOCI in early April, an updated resume last week, and a quick, basic email just now thanking them for the update, and reiterating my strong interest.
I do not know how many are on the select club, but I believe them when they say there aren't many of us. Still, if the group starts to get very big, you run the risk of crossing over from select group, to large waitlist.
Is this Cardozo's version of waitlisting, or is it something different?

Speaking of which, I don't know the difference b/w Hold and waitlist either. i think there is a distinction to be made in that Waitlist is a school's way of saying "we are not offering you admission." Hold is their way of saying, "We are about to offer you admission, but more people than expected accepted our original offers, so we're in a bind."
But, as a matter of effect, there is little difference for applicants. To us, there are no spaces, but if spaces open up, they come to us first, kind of like GULC's Special Preferred Waiting List ??

Has anyone moved off this "hold list" and gotten admitted with a scholly?

Good question. I'd like to know this for sure. I'd like to think that the answer is yes, b/c the cause of the lack of seats is not our application's being subpar as much as it is the large number of acceptances from admits. Still, by June, I can't imagine there's piles of cash floating around the cardozo coffers.

you speak the truth. i was optimistic for some scholly money by april 30th, but a 20k or higher scholarship in june is starting to seem more farfetched. given their tution fees and the col of nyc, its tough :cry:

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 pm

rodewan wrote:you speak the truth. i was optimistic for some scholly money by april 30th, but a 20k or higher scholarship in june is starting to seem more farfetched. given their tution fees and the col of nyc, its tough :cry:

I would be remiss if I didn't pass this on. As this info. was offered to me without my asking for it, I assume it was not meant for me only.
A quick email exchange b/w me and the Cardozo Dean of Admissions gave me a better idea of what Hold is —pretty much how he said it in the email today. Too many acceptances + "other factors".

Second-to-last sentence of the email: unfortunately, should I get an offer of admission, he does not expect that any scholarship money will be available.

I don't know if that speaks to everybody, but I will assume it does for most. It is incongruous with their declaration that there is a very good chance of an offer of admission down the road. That down-the-road admission has less value, however, if it has been stripped of scholarship $$ that would have been offered under normal circumstances. Like selling a car to someone that will be available six weeks later, but it no longer has a sunroof, GPS, or CD player.

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:05 am

yeah mate, that definitely sounds incongruous to me. if that does happen, then i will probably withdraw.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”