Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rodewan

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby rodewan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:01 pm

webbylu87 wrote:I did get an email notifying me I was on hold. I also got an email today saying that they hadn't heard from me since that notification and wanted me to let them know if I was in fact still interested. I wasn't aware that I was supposed to send them any sort of confirmation as the original email didn't make it sound necessary. I thought the hold meant they just needed more time with your application and you were supposed to sit back and wait. Ah well. They say they "expect to get back to you by April 30" and all of my seat deposits are well before that. Guess we'll wait and see how it goes.

+1 I sent an LOCI right after I received the on hold letter, I guess that is why I did not receive this email. But yea, they are taking their time, and the wait is torture. i really hope its worth it in the end, lol.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 pm

rodewan wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:I did get an email notifying me I was on hold. I also got an email today saying that they hadn't heard from me since that notification and wanted me to let them know if I was in fact still interested. I wasn't aware that I was supposed to send them any sort of confirmation as the original email didn't make it sound necessary. I thought the hold meant they just needed more time with your application and you were supposed to sit back and wait. Ah well. They say they "expect to get back to you by April 30" and all of my seat deposits are well before that. Guess we'll wait and see how it goes.

+1 I sent an LOCI right after I received the on hold letter, I guess that is why I did not receive this email. But yea, they are taking their time, and the wait is torture. i really hope its worth it in the end, lol.

maybe send a 2nd?

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:30 pm

woah, I just received an email from Cardozo as well. It said to let them know if I was still interested in attending by April 12, and include a brief statement of interest, even though I had sent them an loci the very day after I was put on hold (makes sense tho if this is a general letter). in their exact words 'Accordingly, it is helpful at this time for us to identify those applicants who remain strongly interested in attending Cardozo this Fall. Because your candidacy has been placed on Hold, we would like to grant you first consideration for one of these few seats.' so i guess on hold is more of a priority waitlist sort of dealio, or so it would seem.

nol607

Postby nol607 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Does anyone really want to clerk? I was encouraged by the cardozo student during ASD who got a federal clerkship and the new NLJ numbers, then I saw the chart: 7/342 student at Dozo got clerkships for class of 08. Self selection- dozo likes firms? Or evidence that belies the "up and coming" image?

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:30 pm

rodewan wrote:woah, I just received an email from Cardozo as well. It said to let them know if I was still interested in attending by April 12, and include a brief statement of interest, even though I had sent them an loci the very day after I was put on hold (makes sense tho if this is a general letter). in their exact words 'Accordingly, it is helpful at this time for us to identify those applicants who remain strongly interested in attending Cardozo this Fall. Because your candidacy has been placed on Hold, we would like to grant you first consideration for one of these few seats.' so i guess on hold is more of a priority waitlist sort of dealio, or so it would seem.

sounds good! write a nice letter =)

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 pm

thanks, i will try my best, and gl to the other 'on holds' out there as well!

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Cardozo has everything for my application to go under review except for a Dean's letter that I faxed to my undergrad institution last Monday. My school said it would fax it out on Thursday, most likely, but even if they did it on Friday, wouldn't Cardozo have it by now? My status checker still says "incomplete and/or processing," but they should be on the look out for it, as they said something like that after I e-mailed them.

I guess I should call tomorrow. I mean, really, WTF could the hold up be at this point? My stupid school already filled out two forms for me, and even with other people needing them, the lady told me it shouldn't take long at all. But with my luck, the school will be out of spots by the time it gets there.

um08

Postby um08 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:28 pm

b.j. wrote:Cardozo has everything for my application to go under review except for a Dean's letter that I faxed to my undergrad institution last Monday. My school said it would fax it out on Thursday, most likely, but even if they did it on Friday, wouldn't Cardozo have it by now? My status checker still says "incomplete and/or processing," but they should be on the look out for it, as they said something like that after I e-mailed them.

I guess I should call tomorrow. I mean, really, WTF could the hold up be at this point? My stupid school already filled out two forms for me, and even with other people needing them, the lady told me it shouldn't take long at all. But with my luck, the school will be out of spots by the time it gets there.

That doesn't sound like luck. It sounds like poor planning and applying extremely late in the cycle.

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 pm

um08 wrote:
b.j. wrote:Cardozo has everything for my application to go under review except for a Dean's letter that I faxed to my undergrad institution last Monday. My school said it would fax it out on Thursday, most likely, but even if they did it on Friday, wouldn't Cardozo have it by now? My status checker still says "incomplete and/or processing," but they should be on the look out for it, as they said something like that after I e-mailed them.

That doesn't sound like luck. It sounds like poor planning and applying extremely late in the cycle.

Oh Jesus Christ, it was just a statement. Yes, it's my fault that I didn't realize a Dean's letter was required until a couple of weeks after they had my application, but this doesn't excuse the fact that my school is either lying to me or not going through with that they said they'd do.

Besides, my application wasn't really late. It was about two months before the official end date. I know some people here have a hard on about sending in applications thirteen seconds after they become available in September, but not all of us get that far right away.

lunu

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 pm

b.j. wrote:
um08 wrote:

Oh Jesus Christ, it was just a statement. Yes, it's my fault that I didn't realize a Dean's letter was required until a couple of weeks after they had my application, but this doesn't excuse the fact that my school is either lying to me or not going through with that they said they'd do.

Besides, my application wasn't really late. It was about two months before the official end date. I know some people here have a hard on about sending in applications thirteen seconds after they become available in September, but not all of us get that far right away.

Wait, what dean's letter?

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

lunu wrote:
b.j. wrote:
um08 wrote:

Wait, what dean's letter?

I checked "yes" on one of the application questions that asked whether I had ever been placed on academic probation. I didn't realize I needed to submit a letter until I e-mailed the office to ask why my application was still in the first stage and they told me it never arrived.

lunu

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 pm

thankfuckinggod.

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:35 pm

lunu wrote:thankfuckinggod.

When did you go complete?

lunu

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:38 pm

over a month ago. i heard from a friend who was held recently that there are no more seats. but then i saw someone on this board get accepted so i'm not sure what's going on. but this dean's letter thing got my panic panties in a bunch, i'll tell you.

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 pm

lunu wrote:over a month ago. i heard from a friend who was held recently that there are no more seats. but then i saw someone on this board get accepted so i'm not sure what's going on. but this dean's letter thing got my panic panties in a bunch, i'll tell you.

How would your friend be in a position to know such a thing?

I'm sorry if I scared you, by the way.

lunu

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:54 pm

b.j. wrote:
lunu wrote:over a month ago. i heard from a friend who was held recently that there are no more seats. but then i saw someone on this board get accepted so i'm not sure what's going on. but this dean's letter thing got my panic panties in a bunch, i'll tell you.

its fine. i'll live.

he said he got a call from the dean saying that while they would love to offer him admission, they've run out of seats. the dean made a point to say that he wasn't being waitlisted or held, just being notified that there aren't any spots available right now but that they're still very interested in him. the dean said that cardozo has had a huge spike in applications this year from incredibly qualified applicants, etc, etc.

now, they could actually be putting my friend on a super secret waitlist or they could be telling the truth. i don't think its totally out of the realm of possibility that cardozo wasn't prepared for a huge upsurge in apps and is completely overwhelmed by the situation.

has anyone been accepted lately? or gotten one of these strange calls?

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:58 pm

lunu wrote:
b.j. wrote:

its fine. i'll live.

he said he got a call from the dean saying that while they would love to offer him admission, they've run out of seats. the dean made a point to say that he wasn't being waitlisted or held, just being notified that there aren't any spots available right now but that they're still very interested in him. the dean said that cardozo has had a huge spike in applications this year from incredibly qualified applicants, etc, etc.

now, they could actually be putting my friend on a super secret waitlist or they could be telling the truth. i don't think its totally out of the realm of possibility that cardozo wasn't prepared for a huge upsurge in apps and is completely overwhelmed by the situation.

Any idea what his stats are?

lunu

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm

LSAT 166, high undergrad GPA (really high but i don't know the exact number above a 3.6 for sure but probably not a 4). MA. Decent softs I imagine.

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:15 pm

lunu wrote:
b.j. wrote:

its fine. i'll live.

If that's the case, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

nickerson

Postby nickerson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

lunu wrote:
b.j. wrote:

its fine. i'll live.

I got a similar sort of call late last week. They didn't put quite such a fine point on it, but it seems like I may be in a similar situation.

phillyinnewyork

Postby phillyinnewyork » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Got Waitlisted awhile back.

LSAT: 161
GPA: 3.6

Really good softs with Law Enforcement experience.

Just wanted people's thoughts on my chance of getting off the waitlist and into the Class of 2013.

Jockin Jay-Z

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 pm

The Cardozo deadline is April 15th, even if you're a scholly recipient, right?

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Jockin Jay-Z wrote:The Cardozo deadline is April 15th, even if you're a scholly recipient, right?

Yep.

holidayfromreal

Postby holidayfromreal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:34 pm

If anyone is planning on living in the Alabama I'm interested in living in a two-bedroom apt and instead of getting randomly assigned a roommate, I thought I'd ask around to see if I could find a roommate.

PM me if you're interested.

holidayfromreal

Postby holidayfromreal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 pm

holidayfromreal wrote:If anyone is planning on living in the Alabama I'm interested in living in a two-bedroom apt and instead of getting randomly assigned a roommate, I thought I'd ask around to see if I could find a roommate.

PM me if you're interested.

I forgot to mention I'm a girl :-)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”