Cardozo 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: Cardozo 2010

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 pm

maybe you met me! I met some girl named Stacey, were you her? I liked her. She was full of questions but not in a gunner way.

zimbadimp

Postby zimbadimp » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 pm

I met Huluba, hes a guy, but his name might be Stacey, not sure.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:22 pm

zimbadimp wrote:I met Huluba, hes a guy, but his name might be Stacey, not sure.

no this one was definitely a girl.

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Well I am definitely not a girl and anytime I brought up TLS with my group they were like "HUh?" Besides for Zimbadimp i'm pretty sure I didnt meet anyone else. What did u guys think of the day? Our 3L wasnt stressing clinics or tthe job market as much as he was all exited about the "parties" they have like 4 times a week.

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Oh and that he didnt get any callbacks from OCI.

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i looked for you too!!! i was hoping you'd be in my "breakout group" but i guess you left before that part. and yeah, i wanted to KILL the gunner. i also hope it's not one of you guys!

Did you run into any weird incoming students (if any of these are any of you, don't kill me)? I had a few... some girl from LA (not Sarah! Sarah rocked), some girl from Albuquerque who brought her bf (dressed like a rapper) and was wearing jeans a t shirt showing her midriff and didn't smile/talk at all... and a girl who was really nice but brought her mom and was still in undergrad and doing May start... going straight from one program to the other (that was the part I thought was weird... especially since you can't get any schollies that way). Also met some kid Alex, who was cool but ditched Sarah and I before class. And some kid Chaim, who was nice and very jewy (very! jewy... used the cant of speaking and everything) and got a bad LSAT score because his wife was in labor during the exam.... he didn't even write an addendum for it!

HAHAHA, no none of those were me. I met the Albuquerque kids- they were at my lunch table. They were nice! And i met LawyerGirl:) and Kaydish. I saw this guy from my yeshiva high school who i kinda dated senior year (he's a 1L) and a few other random people I recognized from my high school and from my undergrad. Some people did seem weird, but a lot of people were dressed really well! :wink:

hahahaha I was the albuquerque girl I didn't realize my middriff was showing :( oh well, I tend to be very nervous in public places, and was unhappy about the bfs choice to wear a hat, but what are you going to do?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:33 pm

horriblegb wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i looked for you too!!! i was hoping you'd be in my "breakout group" but i guess you left before that part. and yeah, i wanted to KILL the gunner. i also hope it's not one of you guys!

Did you run into any weird incoming students (if any of these are any of you, don't kill me)? I had a few... some girl from LA (not Sarah! Sarah rocked), some girl from Albuquerque who brought her bf (dressed like a rapper) and was wearing jeans a t shirt showing her midriff and didn't smile/talk at all... and a girl who was really nice but brought her mom and was still in undergrad and doing May start... going straight from one program to the other (that was the part I thought was weird... especially since you can't get any schollies that way). Also met some kid Alex, who was cool but ditched Sarah and I before class. And some kid Chaim, who was nice and very jewy (very! jewy... used the cant of speaking and everything) and got a bad LSAT score because his wife was in labor during the exam.... he didn't even write an addendum for it!

HAHAHA, no none of those were me. I met the Albuquerque kids- they were at my lunch table. They were nice! And i met LawyerGirl:) and Kaydish. I saw this guy from my yeshiva high school who i kinda dated senior year (he's a 1L) and a few other random people I recognized from my high school and from my undergrad. Some people did seem weird, but a lot of people were dressed really well! :wink:

hahahaha I was the albuquerque girl I didn't realize my middriff was showing :( oh well, I tend to be very nervous in public places, and was unhappy about the bfs choice to wear a hat, but what are you going to do?

ha HI! what did you and your bf think of the school?

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 pm

hahah Hi I remember you though! (Is it weird that I am still totally embarrassed over the internet? haha) I thought it was awesome, but I did not receive a scholly unfortunately and I just cannot see myself coming out of law school with so much debt. I really love the region though, I am leaning towards Villanova, but I almost wish that the weather was shitty so I would have had an actual idea of the areas.

Is Cardozo your number one choice? (sorry if I have missed it in back pages)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:42 pm

horriblegb wrote:hahah Hi I remember you though! (Is it weird that I am still totally embarrassed over the internet? haha) I thought it was awesome, but I did not receive a scholly unfortunately and I just cannot see myself coming out of law school with so much debt. I really love the region though, I am leaning towards Villanova, but I almost wish that the weather was shitty so I would have had an actual idea of the areas.

funny about the weather- that was an insanely nice day. there are a lot of NYC days like that in the spring, though! sorry they didn't offer you any money- did you try to negotiate at all? i'm actually leaning toward Fordham right now. i also thought the Cardozo day was great, though.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:46 pm

hannah87 wrote:
horriblegb wrote:hahah Hi I remember you though! (Is it weird that I am still totally embarrassed over the internet? haha) I thought it was awesome, but I did not receive a scholly unfortunately and I just cannot see myself coming out of law school with so much debt. I really love the region though, I am leaning towards Villanova, but I almost wish that the weather was shitty so I would have had an actual idea of the areas.

funny about the weather- that was an insanely nice day. there are a lot of NYC days like that in the spring, though! sorry they didn't offer you any money- did you try to negotiate at all? i'm actually leaning toward Fordham right now. i also thought the Cardozo day was great, though.

lolllll I'm sorry gb. I'm officially not disclosing my real identity, how embarrassing of me... if it's any consolation, if we had just met independently of the whole big tour group you'd have been exactly the kind of person I'd like to have spent the event with. and I also thought you were brave/socially correct in your method of introducing your boyfriend.

Hannah your real name is Hannah, yes? Before I ostracize myself from you as well...

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:48 pm

hannah87 wrote:

Hannah87:It was great but a little long for me, I guess all the ASDs are wearing me out, I keep feeling like I am hearing the same thing over and over. Are you still waiting to hear out from NYU?

For the religious schools I have visited, this school was far more religious than I had anticipated. No insult to the school, I am just not religious at all. I felt like they were very respectful to the students though, as opposed to the consistent sales pitch which I just experienced today!

sibley::No don't worry it is totally ok, that is what I would have thought too. It is actually Gina but close enough haha

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 pm

horriblegb wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Hannah87:It was great but a little long for me, I guess all the ASDs are wearing me out, I keep feeling like I am hearing the same thing over and over. Are you still waiting to hear out from NYU?

For the religious schools I have visited, this school was far more religious than I had anticipated. No insult to the school, I am just not religious at all. I felt like they were very respectful to the students though, as opposed to the consistent sales pitch which I just experienced today!

sibley::No don't worry it is totally ok, that is what I would have thought too. It is actually Gina but close enough haha

did you see whip it? you remind me of the whip it girl. so that's good. and hi, gina =) what's your top choice currently? I'm having a hard time with Cardozo bc I'd like to be in NYC but with the stips I'm worried... I got 11k no strings from WashU and I feel like that's a better deal =/ I'm not sure what you mean by being religious, but I assume because of all the yamukahs? if that's the case, pretty much all nyc schools have tons of those... I saw several at Fordham and hear NYU is called 'NY Jew'

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:54 pm

horriblegb wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

still waiting for NYU, yes. expecting a WL. and yes, sibley, Hannah is my real name. that's how i got recognized!

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Well I didn't know that much about the school, it is just the impression that I got, but it is hard to absorb it all in one day, but most likely just in the student body. I really liked the school, but like I said, I just cannot see myself paying sticker price when there are scholarship offers out there. This was my first trip to NYC and I would love to come back, but not for sticker haha

Those are totally different coast schools, is your stipulation really high? But the idea of having a no strings attached scholly, basically a coupon haha, is very appealing

Oh woops of course you were talking to Hannah how self-absorbent of me :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:58 pm

hannah87 wrote:
horriblegb wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

still waiting for NYU, yes. expecting a WL. and yes, sibley, Hannah is my real name. that's how i got recognized!

oh good! I'm sad I didn't get to meet you. especially since I wouldn't be able to accidentally insult you. Did you bring your husband? I saw some girl walk in with some guy who also had a nametag, but I didn't think they'd do that for non-admits... also where were you sitting during the class? because I was trying very hard to recognize you by the back of your head.

(also, hold out hope for nyu still! they could be holding your app to see if they'll have a spot for your numbers. also also, I was rejected from columbia today... shocker I know)

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 pm

horriblegb wrote:Well I didn't know that much about the school, it is just the impression that I got, but it is hard to absorb it all in one day, but most likely just in the student body. I really liked the school, but like I said, I just cannot see myself paying sticker price when there are scholarship offers out there. This was my first trip to NYC and I would love to come back, but not for sticker haha

Those are totally different coast schools, is your stipulation really high? But the idea of having a no strings attached scholly, basically a coupon haha, is very appealing

Oh woops of course you were talking to Hannah how self-absorbent of me :)

I was talking to you! My stip is 3.3 and I kept hearing about the "Cardozo Curve" that the average is a 3.18 so it seems a little meh... But WashU I meant WUSTL, not actually Washington State

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm

oh ya I remember exactly, haha how crazy!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

oh good! I'm sad I didn't get to meet you. especially since I wouldn't be able to accidentally insult you. Did you bring your husband? I saw some girl walk in with some guy who also had a nametag, but I didn't think they'd do that for non-admits... also where were you sitting during the class? because I was trying very hard to recognize you by the back of your head.

(also, hold out hope for nyu still! they could be holding your app to see if they'll have a spot for your numbers. also also, I was rejected from columbia today... shocker I know)

i was hoping to meet you too! every time i heard a girl mention "northern NY" or upstate or anything, i listened for a mention of rochester or kodak. i was sitting on the left of the moot court room during the class (from your pt of view in the back, facing the professor). there were actually a few other blondes in my row. my hair was straight and i wore it down. black cardigan, black jeans, gray top :)

KirkerBezerker

Postby KirkerBezerker » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

some girl from Albuquerque who brought her bf (dressed like a rapper)

:lol: I had to abandon my lurker status for this one!!!

Well I didn't realize I was coming off so thug but ok I'll take it. Having a little bit of west coast style has been getting me a lot of looks out here for sure tho.

Where I'm from JUST a pair of Jordans and a hat = least "rapper" looking dude around. Culture shock I guess...

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:57 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

i was hoping to meet you too! every time i heard a girl mention "northern NY" or upstate or anything, i listened for a mention of rochester or kodak. i was sitting on the left of the moot court room during the class (from your pt of view in the back, facing the professor). there were actually a few other blondes in my row. my hair was straight and i wore it down. black cardigan, black jeans, gray top :)

I was looking for your pants! but the only jeans I saw were Gina's and the current students'. I also looked for you in class but I only saw a few bleach blondes and a strawberry

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:27 am

Gotta love all the TLS connections, and FWIW I wore jeans also but I guess its completely different for a guy? Are you guys going to the Fordham day next Saturday? I am going but don't know the schedule yet and it's my wife's bday so I might cut out early. I liked the Cardozo day a lot and it seems like they do well at small and mid size firms but if Fordham gives a good package I think it will be almost impossible to turn down.

bernie shmegma

Postby bernie shmegma » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 am

Is anyone considering going to Cardozo at sticker?

bernie shmegma

Postby bernie shmegma » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 am

Kaydish, Full ride, no stipulation for all 3 years to Dozo? Damn, that is a good deal. If Fordham gives you a decent offer, go for more using that Cardozo deal as diplomatic leverage or just take Dozo, unless of course you don't mind the uncertainty and risk of losing $$.

Not that you asked for any advice, just couldn't resist a reaction since no stips are relatively rare.

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm

bernie shmegma wrote:Kaydish, Full ride, no stipulation for all 3 years to Dozo? Damn, that is a good deal. If Fordham gives you a decent offer, go for more using that Cardozo deal as diplomatic leverage or just take Dozo, unless of course you don't mind the uncertainty and risk of losing $$.

Not that you asked for any advice, just couldn't resist a reaction since no stips are relatively rare.

I feel like I can use all the advice in the world. Sort of hard to believe with all the deadlines on the 15th that we will be making such huge life choices in such a small amont of time. Do you think Fordham would actually compete with a fordham offer? I got the feeling you had to have more money from comparably or higher ranked schools. Who knows. What are you guys thinking about going to the highest ranked school vs taking the money?

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:39 pm

kaydish21 wrote:
bernie shmegma wrote:Kaydish, Full ride, no stipulation for all 3 years to Dozo? Damn, that is a good deal. If Fordham gives you a decent offer, go for more using that Cardozo deal as diplomatic leverage or just take Dozo, unless of course you don't mind the uncertainty and risk of losing $$.

I feel like I can use all the advice in the world. Sort of hard to believe with all the deadlines on the 15th that we will be making such huge life choices in such a small amont of time. Do you think Fordham would actually compete with a fordham offer? I got the feeling you had to have more money from comparably or higher ranked schools. Who knows. What are you guys thinking about going to the highest ranked school vs taking the money?

Do you mean using a Fordham PT scholly offer as leverage to boost up a Fordham FT offer? Little F vs Big F? J/K

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”