Cardozo 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tommytahoe

Silver

Re: Cardozo 2010

Post by tommytahoe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:06 pm

badpixie wrote:My status checker changed to "Decision Rendered and Sent" at the time that I recieved the first "Hold" email a couple of months ago. No change since then.
Yes, I received it too. Decision Rendered and Sent 03/22.
Are we all ready to make conclusions of any kind from the email, or are they just trying to gauge interest for upcoming decisions, or is their computer simply programmed to send the same "You're still on HOLD" email every four weeks or so? LoL

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Are we all ready to make conclusions of any kind from the email, or are they just trying to gauge interest for upcoming decisions, or is their computer simply programmed to send the same "You're still on HOLD" email every four weeks or so? LoL
My guess is that they put the whole stack off to the side while they were dealing with the last-minute May program admissions, and now they want to see if they can narrow down the "hold" list before they start making decisions.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:23 pm

badpixie wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:Are we all ready to make conclusions of any kind from the email, or are they just trying to gauge interest for upcoming decisions, or is their computer simply programmed to send the same "You're still on HOLD" email every four weeks or so? LoL
My guess is that they put the whole stack off to the side while they were dealing with the last-minute May program admissions, and now they want to see if they can narrow down the "hold" list before they start making decisions.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too.

Et Tu Brute352

New

Post by Et Tu Brute352 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
badpixie wrote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too.
Anyone have a theory as to why I wasn't placed on hold yet... still Complete and Under Review and I did not receive that e-mail

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Et Tu Brute352 wrote:
Anyone have a theory as to why I wasn't placed on hold yet... still Complete and Under Review and I did not receive that e-mail
"Hold" is not the same as the waitlist, or being under review. Apparently, they have put the applications of a "relatively small number" of "outstanding candidates" on hold rather than putting them on the waitlist, because they have had more applicants accept admission than they expected, so there isn't room left for the fall class. They state that applicants on hold will received "priority consideration" for admission, should any seats and scholarship funding become available in the late spring or summer.

The folks on hold have been advised that their application is on hold. If you haven't heard from them at all, you wouldn't be part of the 'hold' group, so you wouldn't have received this email.

Did you apply for May or Fall? How long ago did you go complete?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Et Tu Brute352

New

Post by Et Tu Brute352 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:16 pm

badpixie wrote:
Et Tu Brute352 wrote:
"Hold" is not the same as the waitlist, or being under review. Apparently, they have put the applications of a "relatively small number" of "outstanding candidates" on hold rather than putting them on the waitlist, because they have had more applicants accept admission than they expected, so there isn't room left for the fall class. They state that applicants on hold will received "priority consideration" for admission, should any seats and scholarship funding become available in the late spring or summer.

The folks on hold have been advised that their application is on hold. If you haven't heard from them at all, you wouldn't be part of the 'hold' group, so you wouldn't have received this email.

Did you apply for May or Fall? How long ago did you go complete?
I applied to Fall originally.. then switched to may. when that filled up they sent everyone an email saying the may program was full, I didn't receive that email either.. then they switched me back to fall. I went complete March 8.

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Et Tu Brute352 wrote: I applied to Fall originally.. then switched to may. when that filled up they sent everyone an email saying the may program was full, I didn't receive that email either.. then they switched me back to fall. I went complete March 8.
I went complete around the same time. There have been a couple of acceptances lately from people who hadn't heard anything since they went complete, so it sounds like they haven't made it through all of the applications yet. If your status checker has switched recently from May to Fall, at least you know they're aware of your app.

barracudasix

New

Post by barracudasix » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:54 am

I've been "on hold" and also received this email, precisely one hour after receiving confirmation from their office that they received a LOCI from me. So I wrote another LOCI. I think that earlier supposition was right: they probably just finished up the May mess and decided to take a shot at narrowing the Hold pile before touching it.

Et tu Brute, have you given their office a call? Since you switched applications twice, I think it wouldn't hurt to let them hear your voice and confirm that your app is in the right pile.

Et Tu Brute352

New

Post by Et Tu Brute352 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:19 am

barracudasix wrote:I've been "on hold" and also received this email, precisely one hour after receiving confirmation from their office that they received a LOCI from me. So I wrote another LOCI. I think that earlier supposition was right: they probably just finished up the May mess and decided to take a shot at narrowing the Hold pile before touching it.

Et tu Brute, have you given their office a call? Since you switched applications twice, I think it wouldn't hurt to let them hear your voice and confirm that your app is in the right pile.
I am calling after 10:30 (when their admissions officers come in). I woke up today to my status being changed back to "May Part-time Day" and a Decision rendered and Sent status...very upsetting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

barracudasix

New

Post by barracudasix » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 pm

aaack! did you get in touch with them?

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Anybody know what the first seat deposit amount is (for June)?

Oakley84

New

Post by Oakley84 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:45 pm

I am wondering if Cardozo has been deferring students for the Spring Admission program who applied for the Fall program. Meaning, are they denying people admission to the upcoming class, but offering them spots in the class beginning in January? I am considering applying for Spring, when applications come out in September, but I want to know if they are already filling that class. Does anyone know? Thank you!

dgb87

New

Post by dgb87 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

In case anyone is interested...I'm an admitted student and we recently received an email telling us that : "At present, Cardozo’s entering class is mostly full. Therefore, it is very important that you immediately inform us of a change in your enrollment plans so that we can offer any available seats to deserving applicants from our waitlist."

I plan on attending, but for those of you still wondering...it sounds like they do still have some seats available, and they are making sure to keep in contact with accepted students letting them know that people are waiting. Hope this helps ease some of your fears, Good Luck to everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:18 am

I was offered admission a few days ago, but withdrew after initially accepting. I hope that spot goes to someone reading this thread. :)

rw2188

New

Post by rw2188 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:04 am

if you are still looking to move to a place with an easy, 20 minute commute to the Law School, please see below and get in touch with me via email: e sparklz028@hotmail.com

I posted this ad elsewhere, so don't mind the phrasing........
I am a mid 20s female professional looking to share an apartment with a
young female professional in a luxury high-rise building. I am looking for someone to cosign a one year lease
together starting sometime in August (I am flexible). I ensure that the
apartment is big enough for two people, is brand new with: carpeting in the bedrooms, new kitchen w/ SS appliances, large living and dining room and space for your stuff! The building has a gym,
outdoor common space, doorman etc and is close to either the Grove st.
Path or Exchange place path train. the rent (split amongst us) is $2800, plus utilities. The building is on the waterfront of downtown Jersey City, in the Paulus Hook area.

sayhey1

New

Post by sayhey1 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello, Is anyone else still awaiting a waitlist decision for FT or PT? Heard any further news on availability?

organic12345

New

Post by organic12345 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:45 pm

sayhey1 wrote:Hello, Is anyone else still awaiting a waitlist decision for FT or PT? Heard any further news on availability?
Still waiting to hear back....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sayhey1

New

Post by sayhey1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:55 am

Knowing I'm not alone is some cold comfort at least. I was waitlisted for the May Program and was not given my denial until the day of the first class. I'm hoping this can be resolved a bit sooner!

senunit

New

Post by senunit » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Hey guys, I got an acceptance call about 2 weeks ago. So they are still accepting.

sayhey1

New

Post by sayhey1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 am

Congrats and thanks for the update, it's good to know there has been some movement.

senunit

New

Post by senunit » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks, and I would keep some hope alive even if its the slightest. Many schools, Cardozo included, accept a student or two as late as a day or so before the start of classes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”