Cardozo 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cariberry

New

Re: Cardozo 2010

Post by cariberry » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 pm

NervousInKC wrote:
roguey wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:I have not received a decision yet-- my status is still complete and under review. But I was wondering if anyone who is also at this stage shows $0 due under seat deposits. I realize that this could be because they haven't decided yet. But it has been my experience, with other schools, that an amount written means acceptance while $0 means rejection. I cannot remember if this has been written there all along.
"Complete and under review 2/8/2010." My deposits show $0 as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, mine does, too, and I think it's been there the whole time (or at least since I went UR).

samiam123

New

Post by samiam123 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 pm

holidayfromreal wrote:so I pretty much decided that Cardozo's where I'm going to be next year! I've been debating for weeks but think I finally made my choice!
howd you decide in the end, im sure a lot of us are torn between cardozo and other schools...

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:01 am

samiam123 wrote:
holidayfromreal wrote:so I pretty much decided that Cardozo's where I'm going to be next year! I've been debating for weeks but think I finally made my choice!
howd you decide in the end, im sure a lot of us are torn between cardozo and other schools...

+1000

I applied because I got a fee waiver. Now, they have so many opportunities, gave me a nice scholarship and have pretty good employment placement..how'd you do it?

law333

New

Post by law333 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:44 pm

I recently was put on the Cardozo May 2010 waiting list. I was wondering whether Cardozo has put people on "hold" for the May program or is only putting them on the waiting list? Also I have heard being put on "hold" is better than being placed on the waiting list... is that true?

Thanks!

um08

New

Post by um08 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:59 pm

law333 wrote:I recently was put on the Cardozo May 2010 waiting list. I was wondering whether Cardozo has put people on "hold" for the May program or is only putting them on the waiting list? Also I have heard being put on "hold" is better than being placed on the waiting list... is that true?

Thanks!
Not sure of the difference in this specific case.. what are your stats and when did you go complete?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:13 pm

crm wrote:
samiam123 wrote:

+1000

I applied because I got a fee waiver. Now, they have so many opportunities, gave me a nice scholarship and have pretty good employment placement..how'd you do it?
I want to do PI law so graduating debt free was a huge draw for me. I was trying to decide whether it made more sense to go to a higher ranked school like fordham for more money. Ultimately I decided that since I have no plan of doing big law, fordhams higher placement in big law firms makes no difference to me. I think the academic experience will be very similar at the two schools so the prospect of not paying for law school and only having COL expenses made my choice for me. I think it will make my years during and after law school more pleasant and stress free. Also I am very impressed with Cardozo's facilities, which matters to me since we're going to be spending so much time in the building. Also despite being exhausted from the long day I got a good vibe from the ASD.

NervousInKC

Bronze

Post by NervousInKC » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:38 pm

holidayfromreal wrote:
crm wrote:
samiam123 wrote:

+1000

I want to do PI law so graduating debt free was a huge draw for me. I was trying to decide whether it made more sense to go to a higher ranked school like fordham for more money. Ultimately I decided that since I have no plan of doing big law, fordhams higher placement in big law firms makes no difference to me. I think the academic experience will be very similar at the two schools so the prospect of not paying for law school and only having COL expenses made my choice for me. I think it will make my years during and after law school more pleasant and stress free. Also I am very impressed with Cardozo's facilities, which matters to me since we're going to be spending so much time in the building. Also despite being exhausted from the long day I got a good vibe from the ASD.
Did you talk with any current students? Did they seem to have friendships outside of class? What was the overall culture of the school? Some schools I have visited seem like the students go to class and go home, never knowing much about classmates except the names of those in their sections or study groups. While other schools seem that the students gain friendships and spend time together socially. I think this is beneficial, for networking, peer opinions on course materials, and encouragement among other things.

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

NervousInKC wrote:
samiam123 wrote:

Did you talk with any current students? Did they seem to have friendships outside of class? What was the overall culture of the school? Some schools I have visited seem like the students go to class and go home, never knowing much about classmates except the names of those in their sections or study groups. While other schools seem that the students gain friendships and spend time together socially. I think this is beneficial, for networking, peer opinions on course materials, and encouragement among other things.
I also went to the ASD and am seriously considering enrolling at Cardozo. I got the feeling many people made quality friends at Cardozo and spent a lot of time socializing as well as studying with them. I also have 2 friends currently there and they both attested to how warm of a community it was and that it was very easy to make friends.

rodewan

Bronze

Post by rodewan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:01 pm

law333 wrote:I recently was put on the Cardozo May 2010 waiting list. I was wondering whether Cardozo has put people on "hold" for the May program or is only putting them on the waiting list? Also I have heard being put on "hold" is better than being placed on the waiting list... is that true?

Thanks!
hey there. to answer your first question I applied full time to Cardozo for fall 2010 (NOT the May program) and was put on hold. Whether it is better than being placed on the waitlist or not I think depends on the outcome of the decision. Basically I'm going to hear back around April 30 according to their email. And if I was to wait until then just to be waitlisted, I'd rather be waitlisted now, lols.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:07 pm

I've been thinking about this as well. I recently recieved a generous offer from cardozo which took it from being a safety school to a strong consider. But i get the feeling there isn't much school spirit. I have a friend who goes there who remarked that "everyone seems to do their own thing." I want my law school to be a community. Any insight would be much appreciated.

nickturner922

New

Post by nickturner922 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Thought I'd throw in my numbers in case someone was interested. I got a 162, 2.89 and was accepted yesterday to the May program. Phone call then email and received a package in the mail today. Of course I just got an awesome job and now I'm considering waiting another year to enroll. Damn you Cardozo, why didn't you just reject me and make the decision easier....

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Has anyone tried negotiating scholarships yet? I think someone posted that they did a few weeks back or so, but I don't want to flip through all the pages looking...if so, how did it go?

My girlfriend doesn't want to move to a big city (especially NY) but she said she would if she had to and Cardozo's opportunities for international corporate law are perfect for what I want to do. Problem is, COL.

I'm sure they will say that I have to wait until after the seat deposit deadline to even be considered for negotiation, but I am just wondering if anyone else has tried already..Thanks!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:52 pm

crm wrote:Has anyone tried negotiating scholarships yet? I think someone posted that they did a few weeks back or so, but I don't want to flip through all the pages looking...if so, how did it go?

My girlfriend doesn't want to move to a big city (especially NY) but she said she would if she had to and Cardozo's opportunities for international corporate law are perfect for what I want to do. Problem is, COL.

I'm sure they will say that I have to wait until after the seat deposit deadline to even be considered for negotiation, but I am just wondering if anyone else has tried already..Thanks!
The dean basically said I had to make my decision with what I was offered and that no more money was available. And since then many people have gotten scholarships. He said I can submit competing offers and he'll consider giving me more over the summer if it opens up... so the plan right now is to submit seat deposits at multiple schools.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:16 pm

just sent in my deposit

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:55 pm

sibley wrote:
crm wrote:Has anyone tried negotiating scholarships yet? I think someone posted that they did a few weeks back or so, but I don't want to flip through all the pages looking...if so, how did it go?

The dean basically said I had to make my decision with what I was offered and that no more money was available. And since then many people have gotten scholarships. He said I can submit competing offers and he'll consider giving me more over the summer if it opens up... so the plan right now is to submit seat deposits at multiple schools.
Yea, I think that's what I am going to have to do too, thanks Sibley!

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:55 pm

holidayfromreal wrote:just sent in my deposit

Congrats!

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:26 am

Still pending...still pissed! At this point, I just want to know EITHER way. Anyone dinged? Do they update your checker when they ding you?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 am

trialjunky wrote:Still pending...still pissed! At this point, I just want to know EITHER way. Anyone dinged? Do they update your checker when they ding you?
I'm on hold and have been since early February. Pretty annoyed by it actually. Called and was told there was no confirmed date by which those on hold would have a decision. Generally, Cardozo has seemed pretty uppity and unhelpful considering its rank.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 am

Withdrew from the WL.

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 am

keg411 wrote:Withdrew from the WL.
Me too Keg411, I thought I had but then I got the follow-up email. So I withdrew again.

Our cycle has been extremely similar, hopefully we end up where we want!

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 am

Speaking of, does anyone know if they ever offer $ for those who get in off the WL?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am

mhd08 wrote:
Speaking of, does anyone know if they ever offer $ for those who get in off the WL?
I wouldn't count on it. but don't give up. they also have need-based grants floating around (can't get if you get a scholly)

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 am

sibley wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
I wouldn't count on it. but don't give up. they also have need-based grants floating around (can't get if you get a scholly)
Thanks. I guess it might be worth riding out the WL on the off chance that they do offer me $. I would love to go to Cardozo, but with no money it doesn't make sense with such a good offer from Rutgers. :?

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:38 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
trialjunky wrote:Still pending...still pissed! At this point, I just want to know EITHER way. Anyone dinged? Do they update your checker when they ding you?
I'm on hold and have been since early February. Pretty annoyed by it actually. Called and was told there was no confirmed date by which those on hold would have a decision. Generally, Cardozo has seemed pretty uppity and unhelpful considering its rank.

Did you get any correspondence stating that you were on hold? I haven't heard from them at all.

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 pm

I did get an email notifying me I was on hold. I also got an email today saying that they hadn't heard from me since that notification and wanted me to let them know if I was in fact still interested. I wasn't aware that I was supposed to send them any sort of confirmation as the original email didn't make it sound necessary. I thought the hold meant they just needed more time with your application and you were supposed to sit back and wait. Ah well. They say they "expect to get back to you by April 30" and all of my seat deposits are well before that. Guess we'll wait and see how it goes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”