Cardozo 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Gold

Re: Cardozo 2010

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm

chutzpah wrote: In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)

I will ask sooooo nicely. I will deliver my request in a basket of schwarma and sour dills. I will include Prigat to satisfy the thirst the foodstuffs will leave.

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote: In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)

I will ask sooooo nicely. I will deliver my request in a basket of schwarma and sour dills. I will include Prigat to satisfy the thirst the foodstuffs will leave.
These are New York Jews, not Israelis! I bet you'd have better luck with Dr. Browns and a gift basket from Russ & Daughters. mmmm

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

These are New York Jews, not Israelis! I bet you'd have better luck with Dr. Browns and a gift basket from Russ & Daughters. mmmm
what is Russ and Daughters? I'm intrigued.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 pm

hannah87 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

I thought NY Jews liked sour dills and scharma! But ok I'll replace the Prigat with Dr. Browns. Cherry, bc it's my favorite. And yes what is Russ and Daughters? It sounds like that pear place.

OMG I know! I'll go learn this recipe the Chabad rebbitzin has here... it's the BEST freaking squash pie ever. she also makes the best gefilte fish ever. they wouldn't be able to say no.

...I'm excited. My boyfriend will say "you got into higher ranked schools. go to those, even without money." but he is wrong. I think I will come visit that day. I'll put in my request for time off right now!

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 pm

hannah87 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

Its an appetizing shop in the Lower East Side that sells the finest smoked fish in the world. They have 10 different varieties of smoked salmon, including traditional belly lox, which is salt cured but not smoked, and Nova, which most of us know as lox. They also sell smoked sable (my fave), whitefish, chubs, sturgeon (where caviar come from), herring and more. And of course bagels and bialys, cream cheese, rugelach and other goodies. Appetizing shops are traditionally dairy, whereas delis are meat. Also Katz's deli is a block from Russ and Daughters.

If I could specialize in lox law, I would. Deli law is a close second. ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:16 pm

chutzpah wrote: Its an appetizing shop in the Lower East Side that sells the finest smoked fish in the world. They have 10 different varieties of smoked salmon, including traditional belly lox, which is salt cured but not smoked, and Nova, which most of us know as lox. They also sell smoked sable (my fave), whitefish, chubs, sturgeon (where caviar come from), herring and more. And of course bagels and bialys, cream cheese, rugelach and other goodies. Appetizing shops are traditionally dairy, whereas delis are meat. Also Katz's deli is a block from Russ and Daughters.

If I could specialize in lox law, I would. Deli law is a close second. ;)
YUM. I'm a dairy girl. I would definitely go for a concentration in Bialy Law.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:18 pm

I love Jews. I really do. And people who talk about Jewish food/culture. You guys rock.

My wisdom tooth has started to come in. It's been making my back top left molar crooked for a year. Maybe it's a sign.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm

sibley wrote:I love Jews. I really do. And people who talk about Jewish food/culture. You guys rock.

My wisdom tooth has started to come in. It's been making my back top left molar crooked for a year. Maybe it's a sign.
returning the love!

mayosmith

Bronze

Post by mayosmith » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pm

This place, on 2nd Ave by St. Mark's, is right by my office. It's awesome:

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AMon2010

New

Post by AMon2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm

I just got the Cardozo call a few minutes ago... with a 30K/yr scholarship :)

Honestly, it's still a very expensive school but law school in NYC is appealing...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

AMon2010 wrote:I just got the Cardozo call a few minutes ago... with a 30K/yr scholarship :)

Honestly, it's still a very expensive school but law school in NYC is appealing...

=D
what are your lsat and gpa? I got the same scholly and would like to compare.

chocho

New

Post by chocho » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 pm

mayosmith wrote:This place, on 2nd Ave by St. Mark's, is right by my office. It's awesome:

--ImageRemoved--

amazing soup....vegetarian too, although thats not why i go

fanlinxun

Bronze

Post by fanlinxun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 am

Just waitlisted for full-time and asked if I am willing to be considered for May program. How many people who accept May consideration actually get in?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bludvl_prelaw

New

Post by bludvl_prelaw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm

I applied for May entry and went complete on 1/15. Anyone know if I should hear back soon as well, or are the part-time people on a different schedule?

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:39 pm

I'll join this thread. I went complete at Cardozo today.

biggiemike000

New

Post by biggiemike000 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:51 pm

AMon2010 wrote:I just got the Cardozo call a few minutes ago... with a 30K/yr scholarship :)

Just got in with a 32k/year scholarship (164/3.87). The school and area are very expensive but with the scholarship I'm starting to give it some consideration.
Can anyone shed some light on the summer intern opportunities for 1L and 2Ls? Or the job placement in the area in general?

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

biggiemike000 wrote:

Just got in with a 32k/year scholarship (164/3.87). The school and area are very expensive but with the scholarship I'm starting to give it some consideration.
Can anyone shed some light on the summer intern opportunities for 1L and 2Ls? Or the job placement in the area in general?

+1. Also, what is this about section stacking that I keep hearing briefly about?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tigrelis

New

Post by tigrelis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Last edited by tigrelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 pm

tigrelis wrote:I got in with phone call on Tuesday (complete 1/6) with $34K/year. It was in the middle of my food-poisoning day, but I think I managed to sound pleased and grateful :) And I appreciate it sooo much more now that I don't feel like vomiting. I'm excited!
good! congrats! I was super awkward on the phone. the call didn't go through right away or was muted or something. not my fault.

...question for you guys. Because I'm paranoid about doing this without some agreement:

I got 30k from McGeorge + 1st year textbooks, I got 30k from Cardozo. Cardozo's 49th, McGeorge isn't t100. I should withdraw from McGeorge, right? I like California but I don't see the point of going to Sacramento. I like New York but only want to live there over California because of my boyfriend.

chameleon

New

Post by chameleon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:26 pm

sibley wrote:
tigrelis wrote:I got in with phone call on Tuesday (complete 1/6) with $34K/year. It was in the middle of my food-poisoning day, but I think I managed to sound pleased and grateful :) And I appreciate it sooo much more now that I don't feel like vomiting. I'm excited!
good! congrats! I was super awkward on the phone. the call didn't go through right away or was muted or something. not my fault.

...question for you guys. Because I'm paranoid about doing this without some agreement:

I got 30k from McGeorge + 1st year textbooks, I got 30k from Cardozo. Cardozo's 49th, McGeorge isn't t100. I should withdraw from McGeorge, right? I like California but I don't see the point of going to Sacramento. I like New York but only want to live there over California because of my boyfriend.
Sacramento suuuuuuuuuucks. Don't go there. Socal is awesome and the bay area gets cooler the closer you are to SF, but Sacramento is not somewhere I'd want to live for 3 years.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:52 pm

chameleon wrote:
sibley wrote:

Sacramento suuuuuuuuuucks. Don't go there. Socal is awesome and the bay area gets cooler the closer you are to SF, but Sacramento is not somewhere I'd want to live for 3 years.

thanks! stupid Hastings for not letting me in. wtf.

re: Cardozo. what are y'alls opinions of the the 'don't be a bozo/don't go to dozo' thing? From the tls profile it looks like there are plenty of job opportunities with about half the class getting starting salaries over 120k... I want to save money but I don't want to be unemployed after I graduate, either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nickerson

New

Post by nickerson » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 pm

UR since early Feb. Considering a LOCI. Any reason not to?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:31 am

Sent a short LOCI e-mail highlighting my new LSAT score, but Cardozo still hates sub 3.0 splitters (at least now I'm > 75th).

fitzgerald86

New

Post by fitzgerald86 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 am

Found interesting data on Cardozo on applyingtoschool.com, but it is uncited (http://www.applyingtoschool.com/forms/L ... rsity.aspx). Think it is accurate?
Indeed, look at how much Cardozo relies on the LSAT. The information below represents the LSAT scores for those applicants to Cardozo recently who had a 3.5 GPA or better. In other words, these are the most promising applicants in terms of their academic performance in college.

LSAT Score Percent Admitted
168-180 100%
164-167 99%
160-163 71%
156-159 15%
148-155 12%
120-147 4%

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 am

keg411 wrote:Sent a short LOCI e-mail highlighting my new LSAT score, but Cardozo still hates sub 3.0 splitters (at least now I'm > 75th).

have u considered the may program?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”