Cardozo 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Gold

Re: Cardozo 2010

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:18 pm

xj5 wrote:To those attending the Admitted Students Day-

What do you think about asking for a little more scholarship money? I've been offered 25k, but with high tuition and COL thats practically sticker at other schools not in NYC.
I'm going to.

Re: earlier discussion about emailing admissions for my financial package- the guy who responded told me that students receiving merit scholarships usually are ineligible for need-based aid =/

xj5

New

Post by xj5 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm

sibley wrote:

What do you think about asking for a little more scholarship money? I've been offered 25k, but with high tuition and COL thats practically sticker at other schools not in NYC.
I'm going to.

Re: earlier discussion about emailing admissions for my financial package- the guy who responded told me that students receiving merit scholarships usually are ineligible for need-based aid =/
Then I'm definitely asking.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm

xj5 wrote:
sibley wrote:

I'm going to.

Then I'm definitely asking.
I'm waiting until after the visit, though.. that way I can guarantee them attendance maybe.

nol607

Bronze

Post by nol607 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Ohh I like that. Wish I hadn't just sent an email.

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Does the Paulsens include 1st yr living stipend? And if so, does it have to be used on campus?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 pm

nol607 wrote:Ohh I like that. Wish I hadn't just sent an email.
I'm a little concerned that all the money will be gone at that point, though.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 pm

kaydish21 wrote:Does the Paulsens include 1st yr living stipend? And if so, does it have to be used on campus?
hmm, i don't see anything about a stipend in my letter. maybe i'm missing something? i only know about a guaranteed housing spot first year (at cost).

nol607

Bronze

Post by nol607 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:52 pm

sibley wrote:
I think the yield rate is pretty low, so hopefully a lot of people will turn down money at cardozo to go to a higher ranked school. Hopefully.

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:54 pm

hannah87 wrote:
kaydish21 wrote:Does the Paulsens include 1st yr living stipend? And if so, does it have to be used on campus?
hmm, i don't see anything about a stipend in my letter. maybe i'm missing something? i only know about a guaranteed housing spot first year (at cost).
Yes, mine said the same. Guaranteed spot, no stipend mentioned. But maybe you can negotiate?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 pm

nol607 wrote:
sibley wrote:
I think the yield rate is pretty low, so hopefully a lot of people will turn down money at cardozo to go to a higher ranked school. Hopefully.

sounds good to me =)

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:56 pm

chutzpah wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Yes, mine said the same. Guaranteed spot, no stipend mentioned. But maybe you can negotiate?
Good calls, good calls. So in other news, it seems to me the only thing Cardozo is missing, you know besides being ranked 10 spots higher is a kickass nickname. Any good ideas out there?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:58 pm

kaydish21 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Good calls, good calls. So in other news, it seems to me the only thing Cardozo is missing, you know besides being ranked 10 spots higher is a kickass nickname. Any good ideas out there?

Not a one. Dozo is ok, but it works into the bozo poem so it's not so good. Cardy suggests we will be wearing cardigans. Ben would work, like the name of their library system thing, but... it doesn't sound like cardozo.

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:04 pm

kaydish21 wrote: Good calls, good calls. So in other news, it seems to me the only thing Cardozo is missing, you know besides being ranked 10 spots higher is a kickass nickname. Any good ideas out there?

Not a one. Dozo is ok, but it works into the bozo poem so it's not so good. Cardy suggests we will be wearing cardigans. Ben would work, like the name of their library system thing, but... it doesn't sound like cardozo.[/quote]

I was thinking some Carprozo(ne) but not totally sold. Clearly this will occupy all of my thought after annnother waitlist arrives today. I didn't really want to live in Charlottesville anyway UVA so :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:05 pm

kaydish21 wrote: I was thinking some Carprozo(ne) but not totally sold. Clearly this will occupy all of my thought after annnother waitlist arrives today. I didn't really want to live in Charlottesville anyway UVA so :P

I don't get it =/

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 pm

fun fact: Benjamin Cardozo was the first hispanic supreme court justice. his family was sephardic from spain/portugal.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 pm

chutzpah wrote:fun fact: Benjamin Cardozo was the first hispanic supreme court justice. his family was sephardic from spain/portugal.
lol... I would have described him as sephardic but not hispanic... guess he was, though.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Ok my loves!

Now that we have the info for the 18th let's schedule our meet and greet!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm

sibley wrote:Ok my loves!

We could all meet somewhere by union square since it's just a short walk away. If I wasn't poor I'd suggest breakfast at Danal which is practically next door...that place is soooo good

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I'm jealous, I wanna go to ASW.

I think the crickets chirping in my phone are going to die of old age at this point.

fitzgerald86

New

Post by fitzgerald86 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Anyone have any experience negotiating more merit aid? Got an offer for about twice as much from Brooklyn, but far more interested in Cardozo.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:

We could all meet somewhere by union square since it's just a short walk away. If I wasn't poor I'd suggest breakfast at Danal which is practically next door...that place is soooo good
That'd be good. Is Waverly Place Diner way out of walking distance? my NY geography is lacking

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:45 pm

sibley wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

That'd be good. Is Waverly Place Diner way out of walking distance? my NY geography is lacking
It's walkable, thanks to google maps, it's about 6 streets and one avenue. I've never been to that diner but by the look of the reviews (I'm a yelp whore :() I'm in :mrgreen:

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:49 pm

did anyone else get a phone call on wednesday night from a Cardozo 1L? i wanted to chat but was so congested that I could barely breathe at all. so i just let him congratulate me :o nice gesture on their part, i thought!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
sibley wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

It's walkable, thanks to google maps, it's about 6 streets and one avenue. I've never been to that diner but by the look of the reviews (I'm a yelp whore :() I'm in :mrgreen:
=) I think that should be our choice. The service is meh, but if you track them down they'll get you what you want easy enough and without complaint. Food is yum, prices are reasonable. And breakfast is always the best thing ever.

Hannah, if you're considering coming is this doable for you? I don't want to starve you to death and I assume you follow some sort of kashrut

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:51 pm

hannah87 wrote:did anyone else get a phone call on wednesday night from a Cardozo 1L? i wanted to chat but was so congested that I could barely breathe at all. so i just let him congratulate me :o nice gesture on their part, i thought!
I got a call on Monday from an Adam Weiss who I think went to my UG but we never got that far because I told him in one breath that I couldn't talk but I visited last weekend and was coming on the 18th. He congratulated and we hung up. I want to talk to him now =(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”