Cardozo 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hannah87

Silver

Re: Cardozo 2010

Post by hannah87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

sibley wrote:
flowerpot wrote:Hilarious in the sense that I definitely didn't know that!

you hear that, Cardozo? I'd fit in so well! CALL ME.
:lol: seriously, call Sibley. and Flowerpot! she'll learn!

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Haha yes I can definitely learn!!!! Ugh they still haven't called....... I'm going to start whining soon.

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 pm

hannah87 wrote:1/12 completes, watch your phones. IN with guaranteed 3 year full scholarship! i'm so excitedddd. good luck guys!
Got this too. Actually I couldnt really tell since it was voicemail if it the scholarship was guaranteed or there was some renewal requirements. I guess ill find out in a week or so when I get the letter.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

mikcou wrote:
hannah87 wrote:1/12 completes, watch your phones. IN with guaranteed 3 year full scholarship! i'm so excitedddd. good luck guys!
Got this too. Actually I couldnt really tell since it was voicemail if it the scholarship was guaranteed or there was some renewal requirements. I guess ill find out in a week or so when I get the letter.
Oooh if you got full there's a chance for me! Hannah's academics are tons better than mine, but you, mikcou, are more on par with me if your profile stats are correct. And also, congrats =P

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:23 pm

sibley wrote:
mikcou wrote:
Oooh if you got full there's a chance for me! Hannah's academics are tons better than mine, but you, mikcou, are more on par with me if your profile stats are correct. And also, congrats =P
Yea that stats are correct. Thanks and good luck :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

therealfp

New

Post by therealfp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 pm

chutzpah wrote:Just got the email about the admitted students day on March 18th. Who's going? I find it kind of awkward that its on a Thursday, since anyone who doesn't work in or near NY would have to take two days off, but whatevs. I'm going to a wedding in Jersey that weekend so it works out relatively well for me.

Cardozo isn't my top choice but they did offer me quite a bit of $$ and a good friend just graduated and absolutely loved it.
got that as well...being as it's a Thursday, and I'd be coming from California, the only way I think I'll go is with a travel subsidy, which I requested via email this afternoon...I'll let everyone know how that goes.

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 pm

chutzpah wrote:Just got the email about the admitted students day on March 18th. Who's going?

I didn't get the e-mail :( but I'm planning on going. Can someone post or pm me details about the e-mail so I can figure out what's going on

lunu

New

Post by lunu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:27 pm

sooooo, 2/23 under review... hopefully there's still some room?

chocho

New

Post by chocho » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 pm

anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nickerson

New

Post by nickerson » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:10 am

UR since 2/1. How long are people seeing between UR and a decision?

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:19 am

nickerson wrote:UR since 2/1. How long are people seeing between UR and a decision?
I was about 5 weeks...

johndh

New

Post by johndh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 am

nickerson wrote:UR since 2/1. How long are people seeing between UR and a decision?
I'm over 4 months now.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I am about 3 days from withdrawing my app, if they don't want me then I don't want them haha (12/8)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

therealfp

New

Post by therealfp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 pm

chocho wrote:anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.
I plan on going to the ASD, and I heard back concerning my request for a travel subsidy...yes, they are more than willing to help offset costs if you are traveling more than 350 miles. Just email the admissions office and you should hear back within a day or so.

Sorry, can't comment on the scholly, my ride is guaranteed.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm

therealfp wrote:
chocho wrote:anyone else going to the ASD march 18?? also, does anyone know the real deal in terms of how hard it is to keep the scholly at cardozo, cardozo seems to get pretty slammed on TLS about section stacking, and its really taking out the fun of getting a full ride from them since mine isnt guaranteed.
I plan on going to the ASD, and I heard back concerning my request for a travel subsidy...yes, they are more than willing to help offset costs if you are traveling more than 350 miles. Just email the admissions office and you should hear back within a day or so.

W00t! 357 miles from my town to their law library!! Think if I email them and tell them I've managed to get off two days of work in early March and will be unable to take off any other time and would love to come visit they'd let me in real quick?

25-minute-later update:

IN =D
30k year. Not a bad amount but would have liked more of course.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 pm

sibley wrote: IN =D
Very nice. Congrats. NYC is where the cool kdis go to law school.

This is what I heard at least.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

sibley wrote:
25-minute-later update:

IN =D
congrats, sibley!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote: IN =D
Very nice. Congrats. NYC is where the cool kdis go to law school.

This is what I heard at least.

=)
thanks you two!

anyone know if there are likely to be strings? None were mentioned.
I also think I can probably get them to up it a tad. Will wait and see how my FAFSA turns out, I guess.
Also, status still says complete and under review with a mid January date.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

sibley wrote:
therealfp wrote:

W00t! 357 miles from my town to their law library!! Think if I email them and tell them I've managed to get off two days of work in early March and will be unable to take off any other time and would love to come visit they'd let me in real quick?

25-minute-later update:

IN =D

Congrats!

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Ugh sibley I am so jealous!!!!! Congrats though!!!! I didn't hear anything yesterday and I have been under review since 1/13 and our numbers are similar! This is getting ridiculous....

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

sibley wrote: I also think I can probably get them to up it a tad.
Nothing says "Thanks for the acceptance" like scheming for more money :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:43 pm

flowerpot wrote:Ugh sibley I am so jealous!!!!! Congrats though!!!! I didn't hear anything yesterday and I have been under review since 1/13 and our numbers are similar! This is getting ridiculous....
You're probably on the dean's desk! When you get your call be a little more prepared than I was though. "Hello? Hello?" "Hello?" "Hi?" "Hello,..." then I asked if he was going to let me in... and told him 'awesome.'

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Haha well I'm really glad that call finally came! I'm thinking about calling them today and asking when I'm going to hear something. I'm trying to book a plane and hotels to visit later in March and they get more expensive every week I have to wait!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Dear Cardozo:

Please let in flowerpot so we can exude excitement together.

<3,
Sibley

flowerpot... I think you'll get the same scholly as me per lsn...

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:56 pm

sibley wrote:
therealfp wrote:

25-minute-later update:

IN =D
Congrats Sibley! You'll receive the big shiney envelope in about a week or 10 days that gives more information about your scholarship. I was offered a similar amount and I think its guaranteed in full if I stay in the top 40% and is 80% of the amount if I drop below that and so on. Don't have the paperwork in front of me right now.

In terms of negotiating for more, I get the feeling that Cardozo gave out quite a few large offers to people who will most likely choose different schools. Once they withdraw hopefully that money will be freed up for other candidates who are more serious about Cardozo and ask nicely ;)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”