Duke Priority Reserve (Not the wait list, people) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dudester

Bronze

Duke Priority Reserve (Not the wait list, people)

Post by dudester » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Hey, guys. I thought I'd get a thread going for us. It'd be helpful to know roughly how many of us there are out there this early and when the first few start getting their final decisions. Good luck! :D

IAFG

Platinum

Re: Duke Priority Reserve (Not the wait list, people)

Post by IAFG » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:22 pm

damn, duke doesnt play around, i had no idea people were already on reserve

dudester

Bronze

Post by dudester » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Oh, yeah. For people waiting to hear still: PT + Decision made + No change/disappearance of deposit amount might = PR. Well, at least I'm hoping they're not rejecting PT candidates this early.

Edited to avoid mass panic...
Last edited by dudester on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

dudester

Bronze

Post by dudester » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:09 pm

5ky wrote:
dudester wrote:Oh, yeah. For people waiting to hear still: PT + Decision made + No change/disappearance of deposit amount = PR. Well, at least I'm hoping they're not rejecting PT candidates this early.

This isn't true. The deposit amount disappeared for me slightly before I heard about PT, and in fact is still missing, but I got in. So don't despair if your deposit amount doesn't change or disappears!
Um, I didn't say that if it disappeared at any time it meant you're on reserve/out. I believe I wrote...let me check the previous post...that if it disappeared/didn't change exactly when the decision was made that's what it meant. May be wrong...may be right... Let's wait to decide until someone who actually goes through a similar situation gets a different outcome. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:15 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:I was on PT, now have a "More Information Needed" under status. We will see how this goes.
I had this too. Either they dont have your Deans Cert (if you have a record) or you are missing something else. Mine was because of Deans Cert.

peeker82

Bronze

Post by peeker82 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:27 pm

do we know how many people Duke puts in priority reserve vs the waitlist? Is there really a better shot with priority reserve? if so it would seem like the waitlist crew has little chance of getting in, right?

tikiman6

Bronze

Post by tikiman6 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:51 pm

3.8/176 and I still got put on priority reserve. Ouch. So the general feeling I'm getting is that last year this was no good, but this year is probably better but uncertain at best?

DHB

New

Post by DHB » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:46 am

I received the priority reserve email today (Sunday). I applied in late January with 171/3.77.

I found this information on the Duke law site. (http://www.law.duke.edu/about/community/rules/sec1.html)

"Applicants on a wait list are not ranked, but the list is divided into a "priority wait list" of the most qualified candidates and a regular "wait list" for other highly qualified candidates. Applicants will be taken from these lists by the Director of Admissions in consultation with the Associate Dean as ended to fill the class to the targeted size."

I'm guessing the "priority waitlist" mentioned here is the same thing as priority reserve.

The site also says: (h)ttp://www.law.duke.edu/admis/waitlist

"Our waiting list is not ranked. If we determine that we are able to admit people from our waitlist, we will conduct a review of all remaining candidates. We are particularly interested in people who seem enthusiastic about Duke and eager to enroll. Please feel free to update your application with additional information about your interest in Duke (e-mail to admissions@law.duke.edu). Even if you don't have specific information to add to your file, it's worthwhile to check in with us periodically so we know you're still interested. "

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”