Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 pm

An update on stats:

Klussy 165/3.5
SAE 166/~3.6
JMBrown32 165/3.7
fkaKingsCollege(me) 168/3.9
udxumba 167/3.3, MBA
Hellomoto 165/3.6
Wee-Bey 173/3.1
bakiewakies 167/3.45
kp009 170/3.37
brose002 168/3.00
beesknees 169/3.66

LSAT Range: 165 - 173
GPA Range: 3.00 - 3.9

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SAE » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:LSAT Range: 165 - 173
GPA Range: 3.00 - 3.9

What are the percentiles? :)

theGhlaw
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby theGhlaw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:42 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:An update on stats:

Klussy 165/3.5
SAE 166/~3.6
JMBrown32 165/3.7
fkaKingsCollege(me) 168/3.9
udxumba 167/3.3, MBA
Hellomoto 165/3.6
Wee-Bey 173/3.1
bakiewakies 167/3.45
kp009 170/3.37
brose002 168/3.00
beesknees 169/3.66

LSAT Range: 165 - 173
GPA Range: 3.00 - 3.9



what is the stats on DR 1/18

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:An update on stats:

Klussy 165/3.5
SAE 166/~3.6
JMBrown32 165/3.7
fkaKingsCollege(me) 168/3.9
udxumba 167/3.3, MBA
Hellomoto 165/3.6
Wee-Bey 173/3.1
bakiewakies 167/3.45
kp009 170/3.37
brose002 168/3.00
beesknees 169/3.66

LSAT Range: 165 - 173
GPA Range: 3.00 - 3.9

I'd place money on you kids being IN!

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jlnoa0915 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:46 pm

theGhlaw wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:An update on stats:

Klussy 165/3.5
SAE 166/~3.6
JMBrown32 165/3.7
fkaKingsCollege(me) 168/3.9
udxumba 167/3.3, MBA
Hellomoto 165/3.6
Wee-Bey 173/3.1
bakiewakies 167/3.45
kp009 170/3.37
brose002 168/3.00
beesknees 169/3.66

LSAT Range: 165 - 173
GPA Range: 3.00 - 3.9



what is the stats on DR 1/18


Didn't receive anything in the mail today, still waiting on word from the others.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:49 pm

OK so I'm on the WL now, and if I retake in Feb. and do awesome (hopefully I will my avg. is 171) do you think they might pull me off the WL sooner than June? I don't want to be a "bitch" to some other schools I'm negotiating aid with (I'm looking at you Iowa!) and turn around and be like oh j/k not attending.

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:49 pm

SAE wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:LSAT Range: 165 - 173
GPA Range: 3.00 - 3.9

What are the percentiles? :)


LSAT 25/75: 165/168
GPA 25/75: 3.3/3.6
:)

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:51 pm

robin600 wrote:OK so I'm on the WL now, and if I retake in Feb. and do awesome (hopefully I will my avg. is 171) do you think they might pull me off the WL sooner than June? I don't want to be a "bitch" to some other schools I'm negotiating aid with (I'm looking at you Iowa!) and turn around and be like oh j/k not attending.


I bet if you got a 167+, and you expressed that you would attend via LOCI, you would probably be off very quickly.

No pressure for feb!

moonmaster3
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby moonmaster3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 pm

DR 1/20. 164/3.75. non urm

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jaskat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Random question, is it true that you can use acceptances at other schools as a negotiating chip for schools you're interested in attending? If so, how does that work?

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 pm

jaskat wrote:Random question, is it true that you can use acceptances at other schools as a negotiating chip for schools you're interested in attending? If so, how does that work?

I think it's more you can negotiate $$ from a school you've already been accepted to and would like to attend based off $$$ you've been awarded by a peer school. I've never heard of negotiating acceptances.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 pm

jaskat wrote:Random question, is it true that you can use acceptances at other schools as a negotiating chip for schools you're interested in attending? If so, how does that work?

You can use aid as a negotiating chip, I don't think I would use an acceptance as a negotiating chip though. It's like saying "IDK if you guys know this but X school wants me and they're pretty bad ass, so maybe you should want me too." To me that sounds a bit arrogant, but I bet if you go about it in a round about way (aka: I really wanna go here, this school offered me a place but you are my number one and I love you and will accept an offer from you the second you give it) then I think it might work.

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jaskat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:13 pm

robin600 wrote:
jaskat wrote:Random question, is it true that you can use acceptances at other schools as a negotiating chip for schools you're interested in attending? If so, how does that work?

You can use aid as a negotiating chip, I don't think I would use an acceptance as a negotiating chip though. It's like saying "IDK if you guys know this but X school wants me and they're pretty bad ass, so maybe you should want me too." To me that sounds a bit arrogant, but I bet if you go about it in a round about way (aka: I really wanna go here, this school offered me a place but you are my number one and I love you and will accept an offer from you the second you give it) then I think it might work.


This is what I've heard people doing. I was jut wondering if it was a semi-established, acceptable practice, or if the schools would laugh in my face. Has anyone heard of that (see above bold) working?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

jaskat wrote:
robin600 wrote:
jaskat wrote:Random question, is it true that you can use acceptances at other schools as a negotiating chip for schools you're interested in attending? If so, how does that work?

You can use aid as a negotiating chip, I don't think I would use an acceptance as a negotiating chip though. It's like saying "IDK if you guys know this but X school wants me and they're pretty bad ass, so maybe you should want me too." To me that sounds a bit arrogant, but I bet if you go about it in a round about way (aka: I really wanna go here, this school offered me a place but you are my number one and I love you and will accept an offer from you the second you give it) then I think it might work.


This is what I've heard people doing. I was jut wondering if it was a semi-established, acceptable practice, or if the schools would laugh in my face. Has anyone heard of that (see above bold) working?



I've never heard of it, and it strikes me as a pretty bad idea.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

jaskat wrote:
robin600 wrote:
jaskat wrote:Random question, is it true that you can use acceptances at other schools as a negotiating chip for schools you're interested in attending? If so, how does that work?

You can use aid as a negotiating chip, I don't think I would use an acceptance as a negotiating chip though. It's like saying "IDK if you guys know this but X school wants me and they're pretty bad ass, so maybe you should want me too." To me that sounds a bit arrogant, but I bet if you go about it in a round about way (aka: I really wanna go here, this school offered me a place but you are my number one and I love you and will accept an offer from you the second you give it) then I think it might work.


This is what I've heard people doing. I was jut wondering if it was a semi-established, acceptable practice, or if the schools would laugh in my face. Has anyone heard of that (see above bold) working?

Yeah if your numbers are solid for their school

bakiewakies
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby bakiewakies » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:16 pm

I just called the Admissions for giggles, to see if they would tell me the decision over the phone...no such luck. :)

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
jaskat wrote:
robin600 wrote:
jaskat wrote:Random question, is it true that you can use acceptances at other schools as a negotiating chip for schools you're interested in attending? If so, how does that work?

You can use aid as a negotiating chip, I don't think I would use an acceptance as a negotiating chip though. It's like saying "IDK if you guys know this but X school wants me and they're pretty bad ass, so maybe you should want me too." To me that sounds a bit arrogant, but I bet if you go about it in a round about way (aka: I really wanna go here, this school offered me a place but you are my number one and I love you and will accept an offer from you the second you give it) then I think it might work.


This is what I've heard people doing. I was jut wondering if it was a semi-established, acceptable practice, or if the schools would laugh in my face. Has anyone heard of that (see above bold) working?



I've never heard of it, and it strikes me as a pretty bad idea.

Telling a school how much you love them is never a bad idea. Telling them I only love you if you accept me might be

emoticons777
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby emoticons777 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:17 pm

robin600 wrote:OK so I'm on the WL now, and if I retake in Feb. and do awesome (hopefully I will my avg. is 171) do you think they might pull me off the WL sooner than June? I don't want to be a "bitch" to some other schools I'm negotiating aid with (I'm looking at you Iowa!) and turn around and be like oh j/k not attending.

I was pulled off the waitlist last year in May - so I'd say yes.

Also, as for the aid negotiation - it works at quite a few schools, but W&L is all about LSAT, so if you have a great LSAT score you stand a better chance.

Edit: That only works once you've already been accepted . . .

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:18 pm

robin600 wrote:Telling a school how much you love them is never a bad idea. Telling them I only love you if you accept me might be



I totally agree with that, I just think saying somthing like "I was accpeted to school X, you should accept me too", even if it is really subtle, is a bad idea.

User avatar
jerichogringo
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jerichogringo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:20 pm

DR 1/20.
Hope this mail comes soon.

2.93, 174

lawstudent119
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby lawstudent119 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:22 pm

I am thinking about going to the admitted students weekend on March 19-20. I wish they would post the schedule soon though so I know if I need to take time off work! Apparently it's free lodging and a $300 travel credit. I would love to hear what a person who did it last year says about it... has anyone heard about it?

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SAE » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Which of the previous several batches can we confirm?

1/13 - W/L
1/14 - W/L (?)
1/15 - ???
1/18 - ???

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:39 pm

lawstudent119 wrote:I am thinking about going to the admitted students weekend on March 19-20. I wish they would post the schedule soon though so I know if I need to take time off work! Apparently it's free lodging and a $300 travel credit. I would love to hear what a person who did it last year says about it... has anyone heard about it?

wow, then there is really no reason not to go. haha

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Telling a school how much you love them is never a bad idea. Telling them I only love you if you accept me might be

I totally agree with that, I just think saying somthing like "I was accpeted to school X, you should accept me too", even if it is really subtle, is a bad idea.

Absolutely, negotiating only really works when you have some sort of leverage - if you've applied and a school hasn't accepted you - you have no leverage. You can tell them how much you love them a la LOCI or EDing or visiting/interviewing, etc.

theGhlaw
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby theGhlaw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:51 pm

SAE wrote:Which of the previous several batches can we confirm?

1/13 - W/L
1/14 - W/L (?)
1/15 - ???
1/18 - ???



looks like 1/15 is accept

Any 1/18s




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”