Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
theGhlaw
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby theGhlaw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 pm

lawstudent119 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
Doodsmack wrote:I'll be anxious to hear when the first people in the DR 1/15 batch get their mail...


I was 1/15 DR, going to check my mail right about now but I doubt I'll have anything from W&L yet (I am in South Bend, IN...probably one more day). Stats are 3.66/168, i'll definitely post if I have anything.


Surprisingly, there was something in there, and I'm in! It will take a decent amount of money, but W&L is definitely in the running, so very excited to get this acceptance. Hope this means good news for the others that went DR on 1/15.


Congratulations ndirish2010!!! Was it a big envelope or a small? :)

I'm surprised that it got there already. I wonder if they sent it via regular mail or a quicker delivery...



interesting..so the 15s and 18s are all admits...

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby texaspecial88 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:54 pm

]

Congratulations ndirish2010!!! Was it a big envelope or a small? :)

I'm surprised that it got there already. I wonder if they sent it via regular mail or a quicker delivery...[/quote]


interesting..so the 15s and 18s are all admits...[/quote]

What are you basing this on. Doesn't this thread only have one accept so far from each batch? We probably need a bit bigger of a sample to say that confidently.

That being said, my letter was mailed the 15th, so I hope you are right...

User avatar
GatorGirl1230
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby GatorGirl1230 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Accepted today!!!! DR 1/15. 164, 4.0

Good luck everyone!

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby billyez » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:58 pm

IN! Thank you Jesus! I'M IN!

I'm in Texas. 160/3.02 URM. Oh thank you Jesus. First acceptance from a ranked school. Oh thank you God!

DR 1/15. Good luck to the rest of you!

theGhlaw
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby theGhlaw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 pm

billyez wrote:IN! Thank you Jesus! I'M IN!

I'm in Texas. 160/3.02 URM. Oh thank you Jesus. First acceptance from a ranked school. Oh thank you God!

DR 1/15. Good luck to the rest of you!


so we can confidently say the 15s are admits....CONGRATS

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:03 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:From looking through past posts:

Decision Sent (1/13 Batch): Waitlisted (out of all reported results)
LSAT Range: 163 - 164
GPA Range: 2.5 - 3.72

Decision Rendered (1/14 Batch): One reported waitlist
LSAT Range: 164 - 167
GPA Range: 2.6 - 3.48

Decision Sent (1/15 Batch): Unknown decision
LSAT range: 164 - 169 (URM 160)
GPA range: 3.4 - 4.0

Application Complete (1/15 Batch): Unknown decision
LSAT range: 163 - 168 (URM 155)
GPA range: 3.1 - 3.9

I think the DR 1/15 batch are acceptances/auto-admits and the application complete 1/15 batch made it to round 2 of review.

Or better yet, the application complete 1/15 batch is being held over to be considered for scholarships. :D


I hope I'm correct about the 1/15 App Complete Batch. :D

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Nat1018 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:11 pm

Did anyone else go complete on 1/5 and if so, have any of you received decisions yet? or am I in for a long wait?

theGhlaw
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby theGhlaw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:14 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:From looking through past posts:

Decision Sent (1/13 Batch): Waitlisted (out of all reported results)
LSAT Range: 163 - 164
GPA Range: 2.5 - 3.72

Decision Rendered (1/14 Batch): One reported waitlist
LSAT Range: 164 - 167
GPA Range: 2.6 - 3.48

Decision Sent (1/15 Batch): Unknown decision
LSAT range: 164 - 169 (URM 160)
GPA range: 3.4 - 4.0

Application Complete (1/15 Batch): Unknown decision
LSAT range: 163 - 168 (URM 155)
GPA range: 3.1 - 3.9

I think the DR 1/15 batch are acceptances/auto-admits and the application complete 1/15 batch made it to round 2 of review.

Or better yet, the application complete 1/15 batch is being held over to be considered for scholarships. :D


I hope I'm correct about the 1/15 App Complete Batch. :D



Do you think you can call and request that your decision be emailed?

lawstudent119
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby lawstudent119 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Nat1018 wrote:Did anyone else go complete on 1/5 and if so, have any of you received decisions yet? or am I in for a long wait?


I have heard lots of different things regarding timing... but if it helps:

Applicant Status Online E-mail 11/06/2009
Email Notification of Complete File 11/19/2009
Letter of Decision Mailed 01/15/2010

(I applied Oct. 30, 2009 with all materials complete)

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

theGhlaw wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:From looking through past posts:

Decision Sent (1/13 Batch): Waitlisted (out of all reported results)
LSAT Range: 163 - 164
GPA Range: 2.5 - 3.72

Decision Rendered (1/14 Batch): One reported waitlist
LSAT Range: 164 - 167
GPA Range: 2.6 - 3.48

Decision Sent (1/15 Batch): Unknown decision
LSAT range: 164 - 169 (URM 160)
GPA range: 3.4 - 4.0

Application Complete (1/15 Batch): Unknown decision
LSAT range: 163 - 168 (URM 155)
GPA range: 3.1 - 3.9

I think the DR 1/15 batch are acceptances/auto-admits and the application complete 1/15 batch made it to round 2 of review.

Or better yet, the application complete 1/15 batch is being held over to be considered for scholarships. :D


I hope I'm correct about the 1/15 App Complete Batch. :D



Do you think you can call and request that your decision be emailed?


I'm just speculating (and being optimistic) so it wouldn't be wise to call them assuming a decision has already been made. It is quite possible that they just finished a round a reviews and sent out the decisions (the 1/8 - 1/15 DR batch) and are moving on to the next set of applications (with the new date of 1/15 app complete being an indication of movement in applications).

However, the reason for my optimism is that the numbers are in line with those accepted from the last cycle.

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jaskat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm

.
Last edited by jaskat on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm

lawstudent119 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
Doodsmack wrote:I'll be anxious to hear when the first people in the DR 1/15 batch get their mail...


I was 1/15 DR, going to check my mail right about now but I doubt I'll have anything from W&L yet (I am in South Bend, IN...probably one more day). Stats are 3.66/168, i'll definitely post if I have anything.


Surprisingly, there was something in there, and I'm in! It will take a decent amount of money, but W&L is definitely in the running, so very excited to get this acceptance. Hope this means good news for the others that went DR on 1/15.


Congratulations ndirish2010!!! Was it a big envelope or a small? :)

I'm surprised that it got there already. I wonder if they sent it via regular mail or a quicker delivery...


It wasn't in a priority envelope...just a small white envelope with one letter inside, thought it might be a WL when i saw it in my mailbox but was happy to see that it wasn't.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:17 pm

WLed today, hopefully my Feb. score gets me off, it's my first choice!

theGhlaw
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby theGhlaw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:18 pm

robin600 wrote:WLed today, hopefully my Feb. score gets me off, it's my first choice!


when was ur DR?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:25 pm

theGhlaw wrote:
robin600 wrote:WLed today, hopefully my Feb. score gets me off, it's my first choice!


when was ur DR?

1/14
jaskat wrote:I'm IN! DR 1/15

156/3.03 URM

congrats and good luck to the rest of you!

Congrats jaskat! I'm not going to lie, I'm extremely jealous right now!

kkmae
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby kkmae » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Congrats to all the new admits! I have a (possibly dumb) question. My status checker just says "application received" and I never got an email saying my application was complete or in review or anything. Is that normal or should I call? I submitted in mid December. Thanks!

cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby cr073137 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:31 pm

kkmae wrote:Congrats to all the new admits! I have a (possibly dumb) question. My status checker just says "application received" and I never got an email saying my application was complete or in review or anything. Is that normal or should I call? I submitted in mid December. Thanks!


Thats not normal, you should call, especially if you are taking a later LSAT, they might be holding your file.

kkmae
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby kkmae » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:39 pm

I feared as much, thanks for the info!

lawstudent119
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby lawstudent119 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm

DR - 1/15. Accepted today!

Congratulations and good luck to everyone!
Last edited by lawstudent119 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby ryguy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:56 pm

IN 169/3.4....DR 1/15

savagecheater
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby savagecheater » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:16 pm

just got my acceptance today :)

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:24 pm

lawstudent119 wrote:DR - 1/15. Accepted today!

163, 3.6, non-URM

Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

Congrats! Softs? I have the exact same numbers but I was waitlisted, just trying to compare.

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby texaspecial88 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Any people that were DR on the 15th get their mail on the west coast?

Doodsmack
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Doodsmack » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 pm

DR 1/15 and accepted!

rtx10
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby rtx10 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 pm

DR 1/15 and accepted today! Numbers around median.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”