Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Bummer guys. I don't even think I have to open the letter I will get from them. :(

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Veritas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Halibut6 wrote:I apologize if this has been discussed already, but does anyone know when W&L is planning on handing out scholarship info?

Thanks.

I read mid jan on the website.

User avatar
bonnieblue
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby bonnieblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 pm

tarheel87 wrote:Waitlisted 1/13, expected but kinda hurts since W&L was my top choice for much of my cycle up until recently. Kinda surprised since I thought I'd written a fantastic essay geared directly toward how much I loved W&L.


aww sorry

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby savesthedayajb » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:22 pm

IN! My first acceptance. Never thought I'd crack the T30! DR 1/8 got the letter today. I'm in LA.
Last edited by savesthedayajb on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby JOThompson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:28 am

Waitlisted. Am I correct in assuming that I won't receive much merit aid if I do eventually sneak out of the WL?

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby texaspecial88 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:39 am

so the 1/15 batch is all waitlists and rejections?

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby billyez » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 am

That's impossible to determine for a number of reasons. Those who have reported their decisions were sent their decisions on 1/13, not 1/15 - which could just be a waitlist batch. Also, we can't simply say that one batch is acceptances and one batch is rejections or waitlists. We have to wait until someone from that batch gets their news before we can determine anything.

User avatar
horriblegb
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby horriblegb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:37 am

Waitlisted, but not terribly disappointed, W&L was definitely a reach school for me, and no rejections as of yet! Good luck to all! I will have to visit before I determine if I will write a LOCI

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:57 pm

waitlisted 1/13

Doodsmack
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Doodsmack » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:20 pm

I don't suppose any of the 1/15 decisions have gotten their letters yet?

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jaskat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Do you think it's going to make a difference if it was mailed 1/13 or 1/15 ?

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Vincent Vega » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:24 pm

JOThompson wrote:Waitlisted. Am I correct in assuming that I won't receive much merit aid if I do eventually sneak out of the WL?


You shouldn't expect any money off the waitlist.

happy19
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby happy19 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:29 pm

I visited W&L today. I absolutely loved it. If anyone has any questions or wants to know what it was like, feel free to PM me!

User avatar
Chiglaw
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Chiglaw » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:43 pm

I submitted my application on the 1st but the status checker still only reads "Application Received" with the yellow text at the top saying they are making sure they have all the required materials. Is this weird? Or do they just take a long time to go complete?

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby sckon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm

withdrew today. Good luck all! Hope someone on here gets my spot.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby crm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Chiglaw wrote:I submitted my application on the 1st but the status checker still only reads "Application Received" with the yellow text at the top saying they are making sure they have all the required materials. Is this weird? Or do they just take a long time to go complete?


I sent mine in a few days before the new year and it says the same thing..i wouldn't worry

Doodsmack
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Doodsmack » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 pm

jaskat wrote:Do you think it's going to make a difference if it was mailed 1/13 or 1/15 ?



I would say anything is possible. I am pretty sure they sent acceptances out on 1/8, which would indicate they are doing different batches.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby LSATfromNC » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
JOThompson wrote:Waitlisted. Am I correct in assuming that I won't receive much merit aid if I do eventually sneak out of the WL?


You shouldn't expect any money off the waitlist.


Last year at the very last minute they handed out Full Ride's to 165 or 166's (can't remember which) that were on the waitlist via email, basically first to commit got them. It was late, maybe end of July?

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby MBZags » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:21 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
JOThompson wrote:Waitlisted. Am I correct in assuming that I won't receive much merit aid if I do eventually sneak out of the WL?


You shouldn't expect any money off the waitlist.


Last year at the very last minute they handed out Full Ride's to 165 or 166's (can't remember which) that were on the waitlist via email, basically first to commit got them. It was late, maybe end of July?


Seems like a strange way of operating.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Veritas » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:26 pm

maybe they'll just hand them out regular this year, ahah.

I think they were scrambling last year to fill their class with people that wouldn't "hurt" their medians.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Vincent Vega » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Gotta love the USNWR gaming.

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby MBZags » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah, here's the thread from last year: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68975&hilit=washington+and+lee&start=75

cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby cr073137 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Doodsmack wrote:I don't suppose any of the 1/15 decisions have gotten their letters yet?



Can those that went DR on the 15th post their stats so we can have an idea of what the decisions were?

Im a reverse splitter, way over 75th on GPA, a bit under 25th for LSAT, URM with great softs.

Darlington
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Darlington » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 am

cr073137 wrote:
Doodsmack wrote:I don't suppose any of the 1/15 decisions have gotten their letters yet?



Can those that went DR on the 15th post their stats so we can have an idea of what the decisions were?

Im a reverse splitter, way over 75th on GPA, a bit under 25th for LSAT, URM with great softs.



Complete 12/15. Above 75% LSAT, above median GPA.

User avatar
whatchootalkinbout
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 am

Has anyone that has received a decision so far NOT had their status checker change beforehand?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mm2368, tinafeyclone and 6 guests