Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
itzbouttime

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby itzbouttime » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:43 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:When's scholarship info coming out?

The acceptance letter says that we should be receiving scholarship info either mid-January or early February.

whatchootalkinbout

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:26 pm

itzbouttime wrote:I've been following this thread for a while and I finally decided to join in :D . I went complete on 11/28 and received a decision on 12/4. In at W&L! :D From those that have been accepted how many of you think that W&L might be where you end up? Is anyone planning on visiting the school before making their decision? Maybe we should have an new post for accepted students. I don't know just a thought. I would really like to toss ideas back and forth with some accepted individuals because I'm really considering W&L. Also, is anyone planning on reading some pre-law school material before you actually start in August?

Stats?

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
itzbouttime wrote:I've been following this thread for a while and I finally decided to join in :D . I went complete on 11/28 and received a decision on 12/4. In at W&L! :D From those that have been accepted how many of you think that W&L might be where you end up? Is anyone planning on visiting the school before making their decision? Maybe we should have an new post for accepted students. I don't know just a thought. I would really like to toss ideas back and forth with some accepted individuals because I'm really considering W&L. Also, is anyone planning on reading some pre-law school material before you actually start in August?

Stats?

GPA:3.9
LSAT:157
URM: No

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 am

itzbouttime wrote:
whatchootalkinbout wrote:

Stats?

GPA:3.9
LSAT:157
URM: No

Getting to maybe. Thats probably it.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

Decision made, should be in the mail 1/8/10! How long did it take for people to receive their decision once this was their status?

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:20 pm

missvik218 wrote:Decision made, should be in the mail 1/8/10! How long did it take for people to receive their decision once this was their status?

Mine took 10 days-ish...but they also sent it to the wrong state the first time, so I'm probably an anomaly :)

jlue05

Postby jlue05 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:12 pm

In via snail mail! Decision sent 1/8. (live in FL)

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Sweet this sounds like an acceptance batch! Hope I get mine today. But I will assume it could be anything.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 pm

jlue05 wrote:In via snail mail! Decision sent 1/8. (live in FL)

Same! Arrived today, scary thin white envelope!

whatchootalkinbout

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm

missvik218 wrote:

Same! Arrived today, scary thin white envelope!

Congrats! I'd love to have one of those appear in my mail. W&L is my number one choice.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Also received small acceptance envelope today!

JMBrown32

Postby JMBrown32 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:50 pm

How long did it take them to acknowledge your application? I sent mine in last Monday and have yet to hear anything. Seems like most other school acknowledge receipt of the application and send a link to their status checker within a few days.

P.S. Numbers: 165, 3.74 -- if that matters.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:08 pm

JMBrown32 wrote:How long did it take them to acknowledge your application? I sent mine in last Monday and have yet to hear anything. Seems like most other school acknowledge receipt of the application and send a link to their status checker within a few days.

P.S. Numbers: 165, 3.74 -- if that matters.

I got mine in the following day or two, but that was back in November. Admissions offices are slammed right now, I guess I'd start worrying about it and maybe give a call after this week if you don't hear anything?

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 pm

I might end up at W&L but I'm waiting to find out what kind of schollies are being tossed out. I'm still kind of concerned about their new 3L program. I haven't heard of any effects of that yet. Does anyone know if 3L's are having a hard/easier time finding employment because of it?

As far as pre-law stuff, I've already read 1L and I'm now reading Law School Confidential. Someone recommended that I read Getting to Maybe the summer before I start. I got a couple of other books to read just because I found them interesting.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:52 pm

clwilson6 wrote:

I might end up at W&L but I'm waiting to find out what kind of schollies are being tossed out. I'm still kind of concerned about their new 3L program. I haven't heard of any effects of that yet. Does anyone know if 3L's are having a hard/easier time finding employment because of it?

As far as pre-law stuff, I've already read 1L and I'm now reading Law School Confidential. Someone recommended that I read Getting to Maybe the summer before I start. I got a couple of other books to read just because I found them interesting.

Also not sure if I like the new 3L program. Would like to learn more first hand info. on the program. I do like the honor code and small class sizes.

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:23 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

Also not sure if I like the new 3L program. Would like to learn more first hand info. on the program. I do like the honor code and small class sizes.

I think it's too early to tell what kind of results the 3L program has since, If I'm not mistaken, the current 1L class is the last class with the option of continuing as is or jumping into the new 3L program. Personally, the concept of the new 3L program sounds interesting. I don't think that will be what sways me from attending. The school is beautiful. I went to visit once and fell in love with it. The classes are really small which is a major + for me. Also, since the school only has about 390 students (give or take) there is not a limit to how many people could be on the law review. What I'm trying to decide is whether I should go to a school in a big city (which to me mean the possibility for more opportunity) or a school in the middle of..... well you get the idea. Any thoughts?

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 pm

I think it's too early to tell what kind of results the 3L program has since, If I'm not mistaken, the current 1L class is the last class with the option of continuing as is or jumping into the new 3L program. Personally, the concept of the new 3L program sounds interesting. I don't think that will be what sways me from attending. The school is beautiful. I went to visit once and fell in love with it. The classes are really small which is a major + for me. Also, since the school only has about 390 students (give or take) there is not a limit to how many people could be on the law review. What I'm trying to decide is whether I should go to a school in a big city (which to me mean the possibility for more opportunity) or a school in the middle of..... well you get the idea. Any thoughts?[/quote/]

Just because the school you go to is in a large city does not necessarily mean that more opportunities abound. Grades, law review and other things play a role. Whether the school is regional or national is the more important consideration and what kind of experience do you want to have for you next three years of law school attendance. Granted, W&L's location is probably the biggest drawback for me (besides the sticker price) mostly because I am married and my ability to got to a school like W&L is dependent on job availability for my spouse. Lexington, VA doesn't seem like it's teeming with prospects, especially in this economy. W&L seems to do well in the Southeast and probably will go far a little West of the Mississippi. It all depends on where you would like to practice.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Didn't get the letter (sent 1/8) yet here in Los Angeles. Hoping for tomorrow

Notor

Postby Notor » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Been complete since early November... was part of the messed up status checker batch that informed me that a decision had been mailed, only to find out that was an error. Haven't heard a peep since then. Come on W&L

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Notor wrote:Been complete since early November... was part of the messed up status checker batch that informed me that a decision had been mailed, only to find out that was an error. Haven't heard a peep since then. Come on W&L

Hang in there.

rhapsodyinazul

Postby rhapsodyinazul » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 am

Got the small envelope tonight; in! Above both 75%. Sent 11/11, complete early December.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Any west coasters get the letter in the mail today?

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 pm

No one?

It's lonely in here today.

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:No one?

It's lonely in here today.

Good Luck!

So I'm probably going to visit the school at some point. I'm hoping that it will help make my decision easier. We'll see.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”