Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dclaw

New

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by dclaw » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 am

anyone else withdraw or hear anything from them?

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 am

Has anyone else out there been trying to sync their new email with their phone and been failing miserably?

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:54 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Has anyone else out there been trying to sync their new email with their phone and been failing miserably?

Haven't tried it yet. What phone do you have?

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:58 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:Has anyone else out there been trying to sync their new email with their phone and been failing miserably?

Iphone...they have a section on their IT site that tells you how to do it, but it is not working for me. :(

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Last edited by SAE on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 pm

SAE wrote:Outlook annoys the hell out of me. I guess having a gmail-based system would be too easy...

I know right. As soon as I get used to gmail I have to switch it up again. Ohhh welll.

dclaw

New

Post by dclaw » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 am

any waitlist news?

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:45 am

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

Iphone...they have a section on their IT site that tells you how to do it, but it is not working for me. :(
Maybe someone can help at orientation? I'm thinking about getting the new Motorola Droid phone. Hope there is no problem with that.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:25 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

Maybe someone can help at orientation? I'm thinking about getting the new Motorola Droid phone. Hope there is no problem with that.
The Droid X? I hear that you must be on Verizon to have a half-way decent service in Lexington.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:07 pm

SAE wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote: The Droid X? I hear that you must be on Verizon to have a half-way decent service in Lexington.
I have AT&T and haven't had any problems on the 4 occasions I have been to Lex, although I have heard some complaints as well.

presh

Platinum

Post by presh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Last edited by presh on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

forumnewb

New

Post by forumnewb » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:23 am

just forward your w&l email account to your gmail account and then they will be sent to your phone. It's very easy to do. Outlook will even walk you through it

dclaw

New

Post by dclaw » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm

anyone recently withdraw?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mastapeacock

New

Phone stuff

Post by mastapeacock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:34 pm

For outlook sync, my big issue was setting the mail server to m.outlook.com. Username is your prefix (peacock.w in my case) and the domain is @law.wlu.edu. See if that works out the sync issues.

For cell service, AT&T blows hard at the Law School itself, and since you'll be spending 70% of your life in or around the school, that's a big problem. But, if you have an iPhone, you might be able to connect to the campus WiFi and get reception that way. I've had Verizon and Boost (runs on Sprint's network) and both get reception indoors (Verizon's was slightly better).

-Willie (c/o 2011)

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 pm

SAE wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:
The Droid X? I hear that you must be on Verizon to have a half-way decent service in Lexington.
Yup. It's big and beautiful. I heard that as well which is why I'm considering switching carriers. I live in a major city and T-Mobile isn't even really cutting it here.

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Re: Phone stuff

Post by SpaceDawg » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:50 pm

mastapeacock wrote:For outlook sync, my big issue was setting the mail server to m.outlook.com. Username is your prefix (peacock.w in my case) and the domain is @law.wlu.edu. See if that works out the sync issues.

For cell service, AT&T blows hard at the Law School itself, and since you'll be spending 70% of your life in or around the school, that's a big problem. But, if you have an iPhone, you might be able to connect to the campus WiFi and get reception that way. I've had Verizon and Boost (runs on Sprint's network) and both get reception indoors (Verizon's was slightly better).

-Willie (c/o 2011)

Thanks for the info. I was considering the iPhone, but I want my phone to work in the building.

megaTTTron

Silver

Re: Phone stuff

Post by megaTTTron » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:06 pm

mastapeacock wrote:For outlook sync, my big issue was setting the mail server to m.outlook.com. Username is your prefix (peacock.w in my case) and the domain is @law.wlu.edu. See if that works out the sync issues.

-Willie (c/o 2011)

GTFO. Stop helping random 0Ls and start writing the Barack/ Hillary screen play. This is BS bro. I'm getting Lady JAJA (formerly known as Lil' Skyttylz) and Munge involved if you don't make this happen. You're the only one besides Cousin John who has the syntactical lexicon-age to do it.

Also, I miss you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Doodsmack

Bronze

Post by Doodsmack » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Call me clueless, but it's a good thing I checked my W&L email, because I did not know that money is due by August 10th.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Doodsmack wrote:Call me clueless, but it's a good thing I checked my W&L email, because I did not know that money is due by August 10th.
Lol, yeah I should check that thing too. Wow.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:08 pm

quadsixm wrote:
Doodsmack wrote:Call me clueless, but it's a good thing I checked my W&L email, because I did not know that money is due by August 10th.
:shock: I thought that was the test email...

yinz

Bronze

Post by yinz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:14 pm

jmhendri wrote:
quadsixm wrote:
Negative. You can access your account here:

https://webadvisor.wlu.edu/WebAdvisor/W ... 1037127766

Can someone check when the first loan and grant packages are dispursed. If I remember correctly, it is after August 10th.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Guys, I'm totally freaking out... To be frank, I was hoping to get off of the WLs at GW or WUSTL, and now that is looking increasingly unlikely.

Now I am stuck all the way on the West Coast and am completely overwhelmed by the logistics of moving to VA.... I really need some help.

- I don't have housing yet. And I'm not sure if I will be able to secure an apartment. Is there still student housing available? If by some freak chance I get into another school at the last minute, can I ditch my housing deposit without penalty?

- I don't have a car. How will I get from Roanoke to Lexington? Are there shuttles or some kind of transportation running? When I want to buy a car (probably in Roanoke), how will I get there?

- I have boxes to ship - but I don't have a place to ship them. Anybody have suggestions? If any of you could do me a huge favor and let me ship to your place, PM me please!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much guys!

Doodsmack

Bronze

Post by Doodsmack » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 pm

yinz wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
quadsixm wrote:
Negative. You can access your account here:

https://webadvisor.wlu.edu/WebAdvisor/W ... 1037127766

Can someone check when the first loan and grant packages are dispursed. If I remember correctly, it is after August 10th.
I think it's August 30th. I don't quite understand why that comes after the first due date.

itzbouttime

New

Post by itzbouttime » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:19 am

quadsixm wrote:Guys, I'm totally freaking out... To be frank, I was hoping to get off of the WLs at GW or WUSTL, and now that is looking increasingly unlikely.

Now I am stuck all the way on the West Coast and am completely overwhelmed by the logistics of moving to VA.... I really need some help.

- I don't have housing yet. And I'm not sure if I will be able to secure an apartment. Is there still student housing available? If by some freak chance I get into another school at the last minute, can I ditch my housing deposit without penalty?

- I don't have a car. How will I get from Roanoke to Lexington? Are there shuttles or some kind of transportation running? When I want to buy a car (probably in Roanoke), how will I get there?

- I have boxes to ship - but I don't have a place to ship them. Anybody have suggestions? If any of you could do me a huge favor and let me ship to your place, PM me please!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much guys!
Quadsixm, first, I think you should take a breather. Relax. It's definitely not too late for anything. I've heard of people going to visit in August and finding off-campus housing and I'm 99% positive Woods Creek (on campus-housing) is not full. As far as penalty and loosing your deposit is concerned that is something you should call the school and ask.

When you decide to move to Lexington put a post on here or on the Facebook Class of 2013 group and maybe someone will be nice enough to pick you up. If I'm in Lexington when you decide to move I'll pick you up. FYI, I'm moving down August 14th. Otherwise, I think you might have to take a taxi.

Again, if you decide to move your things after August 14th you can have your boxes sent to my house.

All is well and it will work itself out. Be happy, you're going to law school :D

Jaggles

New

Post by Jaggles » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 am

As far as housing, there still appears to be plenty. You might check here:

http://campusnotices.wlu.edu/cgi-bin/browse.pl

You can also sign up and get that daily.

Check the Roanoke craigslist as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”