Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Mich33
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Mich33 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:39 pm

my stats are 163/3.93. Unfortunately, I ended up turning down w&l. It was a really hard choice but I couldn't handle paying sticker at w&l when I have a little bit of $ from w&m. Good luck to everyone!!

User avatar
southerngrace
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby southerngrace » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Mich33 wrote:I received a similar email about a month ago and was admitted as soon as I sent back a response telling them I was still somewhat interested. Congrats! I think it's good news if you get that email! Also, when I received the email, I had not visited or contacted them since my initial application. No LOCI or anything like that!


How were you notified? I sent an email expressing that I was still interested, and received a response very quickly saying that my interest was "noted."

EDIT: My email was in response to the "still interested?" email that several of us received on Monday.

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby mountaintime » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:32 pm

<- splitter withdrawn

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Regionality » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:41 pm

mountaintime wrote:<- splitter withdrawn


where you headed?

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby mountaintime » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:58 pm

.
Last edited by mountaintime on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mich33
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Mich33 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 am

Southerngrace, I sent back an email telling them I was still interested but I had already deposited at another school and they thanked me for my interest. There should be a date in the email when they say they'll get back to you on your admission status and if not, you can call their admissions office. I got my admit on that day. Good Luck!!

User avatar
southerngrace
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby southerngrace » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 am

Mich33 wrote:Southerngrace, I sent back an email telling them I was still interested but I had already deposited at another school and they thanked me for my interest. There should be a date in the email when they say they'll get back to you on your admission status and if not, you can call their admissions office. I got my admit on that day. Good Luck!!


Thanks! Our email didn't say when they would get back to us, but it did give a response deadline. Maybe we will hear something tomorrow or Monday!

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Emma1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 pm

any news?

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby choochoo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Emma1 wrote:any news?


Not for me, I'm guessing Monday then?

User avatar
southerngrace
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby southerngrace » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:00 pm

I got an acceptance email today! They need $1500 by Monday at noon though. Thank God for credit cards!

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Emma1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Heh Congrats!

slapchop
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby slapchop » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 am

I just withdrew yesterday. One of the toughest decisions I've made in quite a while. Paying two deposits and signing a lease didn't make it any easier.

Regarding the lease, the apartment I signed for is now available. It is located close to downtown on White Street and is the entire top floor of a private home. The owner is a retired Harvard professor who lives on the main floor, and you do not share an entranceway so there is complete privacy. The carpeting is brand new and the interior walls are freshly painted. There are 2 bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and a really cool private sun room connected to the master bedroom. The rent is $650 and it is pet friendly. All said and done, it is an awesome find. PM me if you are interested and I can give you details/pictures etc...

The realtor who found me the place is Emily Reel and she works for James Wm. Moore Real Estate. Her number is 540-460-3216. Give her a call if you want her to show you the place. She is great at what she does and I highly recommend her.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Emma1 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Where are you heading to slapchop?

slapchop
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby slapchop » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 pm

UNC

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby goingoingone » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm

.
Last edited by goingoingone on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dclaw
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dclaw » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:58 pm

anyone else withdraw slash hear anything from the waitlist?

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby gogo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:16 pm

dclaw wrote:anyone else withdraw slash hear anything from the waitlist?


i was admitted off the waitlist a week and a half ago and declined the spot. should open one up. good luck!

User avatar
fwilliamgreen
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fwilliamgreen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Withdrew with some money this afternoon. Good luck

gabewatch
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby gabewatch » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey,
is anyone who is getting financial aid taking less than they was awarded? it seems that they give out more than enough after talking to current students about the cost of living in lexington so im just trying to figure out how much to reduce it by, or if that is a good idea at all. Also is anyone looking for a roomate(s), if you're interested PM me.
Thanks

goingoingone
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby goingoingone » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:56 pm

gabewatch wrote:Hey,
is anyone who is getting financial aid taking less than they was awarded? it seems that they give out more than enough after talking to current students about the cost of living in lexington so im just trying to figure out how much to reduce it by, or if that is a good idea at all. Also is anyone looking for a roomate(s), if you're interested PM me.
Thanks


I thought about doing this too. It definitely seems possible to do W&L and Lexington for less than 59k/year. Before I made any decision, though, I made an approximate budget for the course of the next year and saw that I would probably have so many start-up costs that I would come close to exhausting the budget for my first year, at least. I decided to live alone, which costs a bit more, and because I haven't lived alone yet (I've always had a few roommates), I haven't had to furnish an entire apartment by myself. Also, I've lived in NYC for a while and haven't needed to drive, and now that I'm moving to Lexington I need to buy a car. With those considerations in mind, I decided that it would be best if I planned for the full 59k in financial aid. If you are living with roommates or already have start-up things covered, I think it's definitely possible to live in Lexington for less. It's all a matter of your personal budget.

User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:53 pm

goingoingone wrote:
gabewatch wrote:Hey,
is anyone who is getting financial aid taking less than they was awarded? it seems that they give out more than enough after talking to current students about the cost of living in lexington so im just trying to figure out how much to reduce it by, or if that is a good idea at all. Also is anyone looking for a roomate(s), if you're interested PM me.
Thanks


I thought about doing this too. It definitely seems possible to do W&L and Lexington for less than 59k/year. Before I made any decision, though, I made an approximate budget for the course of the next year and saw that I would probably have so many start-up costs that I would come close to exhausting the budget for my first year, at least. I decided to live alone, which costs a bit more, and because I haven't lived alone yet (I've always had a few roommates), I haven't had to furnish an entire apartment by myself. Also, I've lived in NYC for a while and haven't needed to drive, and now that I'm moving to Lexington I need to buy a car. With those considerations in mind, I decided that it would be best if I planned for the full 59k in financial aid. If you are living with roommates or already have start-up things covered, I think it's definitely possible to live in Lexington for less. It's all a matter of your personal budget.


I agree. I was going to take the full deal the first year and take less the following two years if need be. I don't want to undershoot and end up screwing myself (financially.)

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby clwilson6 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
goingoingone wrote:
gabewatch wrote:Hey,
is anyone who is getting financial aid taking less than they was awarded? it seems that they give out more than enough after talking to current students about the cost of living in lexington so im just trying to figure out how much to reduce it by, or if that is a good idea at all. Also is anyone looking for a roomate(s), if you're interested PM me.
Thanks


I thought about doing this too. It definitely seems possible to do W&L and Lexington for less than 59k/year. Before I made any decision, though, I made an approximate budget for the course of the next year and saw that I would probably have so many start-up costs that I would come close to exhausting the budget for my first year, at least. I decided to live alone, which costs a bit more, and because I haven't lived alone yet (I've always had a few roommates), I haven't had to furnish an entire apartment by myself. Also, I've lived in NYC for a while and haven't needed to drive, and now that I'm moving to Lexington I need to buy a car. With those considerations in mind, I decided that it would be best if I planned for the full 59k in financial aid. If you are living with roommates or already have start-up things covered, I think it's definitely possible to live in Lexington for less. It's all a matter of your personal budget.


I agree. I was going to take the full deal the first year and take less the following two years if need be. I don't want to undershoot and end up screwing myself (financially.)


I worked with a bunch of attorneys who racked up a lot of debt. Their advice was it's better to live like a pauper in law school so you can live like a king afterwords. Take out only as much as you feel is absolutely necessary to have. If possible, pay any excess you have left over back as soon as possible.

emoticons777
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby emoticons777 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:30 am

From a current student: I didn't take out the entire amount - in fact most people didn't. If it turns out you need more than you took, you just tell the financial aid office and they'll get you a check for however much more you want to take out within a weekish. So if you take out too little, it is an easy fix.

dclaw
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dclaw » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:55 am

sorry to keep asking, but any waitlist/withdrawal news?

dclaw
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dclaw » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 am

anyone??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, curry1, Long shot hero, malysh, stratton_oakmont, studyingeveryday and 18 guests