Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
akili

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby akili » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Just got accepted!!!!!

Edit: I'm really excited and I don't know what I'm going to do.

gogo

Postby gogo » Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 pm

akili wrote:Just got accepted!!!!!

Edit: I'm really excited and I don't know what I'm going to do.

woah congrats! what all did you do/what kind of contact did you have with them after you found out you were waitlisted?

kr18

Postby kr18 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:53 pm

I just got in off the waitlist!! I'm waitlisted at a bunch of schools though so I don't know whether to put down my deposit or wait for acceptance somewhere I want more! I guess it's better to be safe than sorry? Not sure what to do, but I'm excited!

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

kr18 wrote:I just got in off the waitlist!! I'm waitlisted at a bunch of schools though so I don't know whether to put down my deposit or wait for acceptance somewhere I want more! I guess it's better to be safe than sorry? Not sure what to do, but I'm excited!

Congratulations! You should schedule a visit if at all possible. W&L is the type of school that you really want to visit before committing to. I believe you will find that you either love it or hate it.

kp009

Postby kp009 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:20 am

slapchop wrote:Has anybody started looking for housing in Lexington? If so, do you have any useful advice you'd like to share?

I just returned from an exhausting trip to find a place to live - looked at almost 20 places in two days. The postings on the FB group are a good way to start. Also get in touch with realtors, many of them have more listings available than what you may find on their websites. Amy at the Lexington Company (http://www.welcome2lexington.com/) and Emily at JWM (http://www.jwmre.com/index.asp) were who I used - both very helpful. Classifieds can be found on the local newspaper's site as well (http://thenews-gazette.com/). Just outside of downtown there are also many signs posted in yards, so if you have time drive around and just write down all the numbers. Word of mouth is also sometimes used, I looked at two places from referrals from people in downtown giving me a friend's number to call once they heard I was looking for a place.

It was a tiring weekend but worth it. I know my way around town pretty well now too! I'd recommend going up as soon as you can as the places are starting to go fast. Good Luck!

kr18

Postby kr18 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:28 pm

quadsixm wrote:
kr18 wrote:I just got in off the waitlist!! I'm waitlisted at a bunch of schools though so I don't know whether to put down my deposit or wait for acceptance somewhere I want more! I guess it's better to be safe than sorry? Not sure what to do, but I'm excited!

Congratulations! You should schedule a visit if at all possible. W&L is the type of school that you really want to visit before committing to. I believe you will find that you either love it or hate it.

I'm planning on making a visit as soon as I can, but I don't think I will be able to before the seat deposit is due. Hoping I'm in the love it category so I won't be wasting my deposit!

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Sun May 02, 2010 8:01 pm

kr18 wrote:
quadsixm wrote:

I'm planning on making a visit as soon as I can, but I don't think I will be able to before the seat deposit is due. Hoping I'm in the love it category so I won't be wasting my deposit!

I'm sure you will. I had my apprehensions too, coming from a big city in California. My visit really went a long way in making me feel more comfortable putting down the deposit. Try to arrange for a guided tour/visit if possible.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:07 pm

going to withdraw. money going back in the pool. have fun in lex next year and i hope one of you on the WL gets my spot.

primusux

Postby primusux » Sun May 02, 2010 8:52 pm

dk8 wrote:going to withdraw. money going back in the pool. have fun in lex next year and i hope one of you on the WL gets my spot.

Where are you headed instead?

dk8

Postby dk8 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:56 pm

primusux wrote:
dk8 wrote:going to withdraw. money going back in the pool. have fun in lex next year and i hope one of you on the WL gets my spot.

Not 100% sure but I got into GULC and I'm on a couple of WLs that I have an actual chance of getting off of.

T14_Scholly

Postby T14_Scholly » Mon May 03, 2010 1:32 pm

dk8 wrote:
primusux wrote:

Not 100% sure but I got into GULC and I'm on a couple of WLs that I have an actual chance of getting off of.

Says who, your crystal ball?

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Mon May 03, 2010 3:01 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:
dk8 wrote:
primusux wrote:

:lol:

dk8

Postby dk8 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:18 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:
dk8 wrote:
primusux wrote:

history + being on the preferred portion of the waitlist. but, thanks for randomly popping in to be an ass.

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Mon May 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Says who, your crystal ball?[/quote]

history + being on the preferred portion of the waitlist. but, thanks for randomly popping in to be an ass.[/quote]

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Mon May 03, 2010 3:31 pm

itzbouttime wrote:Says who, your crystal ball?

history + being on the preferred portion of the waitlist. but, thanks for randomly popping in to be an ass.[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

Sorry guys, I'm really bored at work. :roll:

dk8

Postby dk8 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm

itzbouttime wrote:

glad i could provide some entertainment. good luck at W&L or wherever you end up

T14_Scholly

Postby T14_Scholly » Mon May 03, 2010 4:01 pm

itzbouttime wrote:

history + being on the preferred portion of the waitlist. but, thanks for randomly popping in to be an ass.

Maybe you should figure out how to properly do a quote.

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Mon May 03, 2010 4:24 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:
itzbouttime wrote:

Yeah, you're cool. :roll:

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Tue May 04, 2010 12:18 am

T14_Scholly wrote:
itzbouttime wrote:

Are you going to or even considering going to Washington and Lee? If not, why don't you kindly leave this board. I have grown tired of your sarcastic remarks and your general negativity. Plus, you just directed your sarcasm at my future roomie, so that doesn't help your case either.

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Tue May 04, 2010 11:48 am

itzbouttime wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:
itzbouttime wrote:

Yeah, you're cool. :roll:

Dude! Srsly... HE HAS A T-14 Scholly!

A (between T-10 and) T-14 Scholly! Think about that!

!!!

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Tue May 04, 2010 11:52 am

It took me a few tries to figure out quoting.

It's tricky :?

whatchootalkinbout

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Not sure if y'all have compared last year's academic calendar with our upcoming one, but last year's incoming class only had three days of orientation compared to the week-long session scheduled for us.

How delightful.

kp009

Postby kp009 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:39 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:Not sure if y'all have compared last year's academic calendar with our upcoming one, but last year's incoming class only had three days of orientation compared to the week-long session scheduled for us.

How delightful.

A 1L mentioned this while I was up looking for housing this past weekend. She wasn't sure on the details but thought it might actually be better because their 3 days was hectic. So as long as they aren't throwing in a lot of new stuff it might actually be better.

cpboy77

Postby cpboy77 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I posted this a few weeks ago, but I'm looking for a roommate to live in a townhouse I just signed a lease on. PM me if you might be interested. It's like a mile or two north of downtown, you'd have your own bathroom, and it's got a view of the mountains. (The townhouse, that is, not your bathroom.)

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

My first rejection. Sniffle.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”