Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
domeafavor

New

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by domeafavor » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm

nol607 wrote:Washington and Lee admits people off of the waitlist in batches--check out the W&L waitlist group from 2009- haha, this exact conversation happened then and eventually they figred it out. We have the benefit of hindsight. They seem to ask groups of prospectives in batches, based on their desirability, before extending an offer. It is a way to keep yield high, even with regard to kids who are on the waitlist. That said...I didn't get the email so fuck, I was really hoping for an offer, and hoping for an early one at that. Congrats to whomever got it already.
Man, I just got an acceptance from Indiana MINUTES after. Haven't heard anything for a month, then bam. My week just got much more interesting....

rockababy123

New

Post by rockababy123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:32 pm

What would be the best way to send a LOCI to Washington and Lee? Their waitlist material doesn't express a particular preference between emailed letters and mailed ones.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

rockababy123 wrote:What would be the best way to send a LOCI to Washington and Lee? Their waitlist material doesn't express a particular preference between emailed letters and mailed ones.
When in doubt, mail the letter. That better ensures that someone will have to open up the LOCI and place it in your file.

Jaggles

New

Post by Jaggles » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:36 pm

JOThompson wrote:
rockababy123 wrote:What would be the best way to send a LOCI to Washington and Lee? Their waitlist material doesn't express a particular preference between emailed letters and mailed ones.
When in doubt, mail the letter. That better ensures that someone will have to open up the LOCI and place it in your file.
Having exchanged emails with Brett Twitty, I feel sure he reads and responds to every one. And given the Monday deadline mentioned above, I would email him today. Just my $.02

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:55 pm

klussy wrote:See, this is what I love about W&L. So organized, yet courteous at the same time. I believe they're tied with UIUC for best admissions process in my book. Other offices wouldn't have to field nearly as many annoying calls and emails if they adopted a similar straight forward approach.

Already in, but good luck to waitlisters.

...they completely forgot about me; I applied on November 6, and had to call and see what the hell was going on two days ago. They told me I had been overlooked, and then I received a denial in the mail today. I have no problem being denied - I wouldnt have paid sticker anyways - but to forget about people who paid money for you too look at their application is completely unprofessional. Courteous, yes, organized? I'm afraid not.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jaxangler

New

Post by jaxangler » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:03 pm

dp73816 wrote:
klussy wrote:See, this is what I love about W&L. So organized, yet courteous at the same time. I believe they're tied with UIUC for best admissions process in my book. Other offices wouldn't have to field nearly as many annoying calls and emails if they adopted a similar straight forward approach.

...they completely forgot about me; I applied on November 6, and had to call and see what the hell was going on two days ago. They told me I had been overlooked, and then I received a denial in the mail today. I have no problem being denied - I wouldnt have paid sticker anyways - but to forget about people who paid money for you too look at their application is completely unprofessional. Courteous, yes, organized? I'm afraid not.
You are clearly the exception rather than the rule. Also the application fee is free. I feel that W&L is very organized, and their admissions office was head and shoulders above every other office I dealt with. I'm sorry you did not have a similar experience.

nol607

Bronze

Post by nol607 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 pm

JOThompson wrote:

Sorry, but I definitely disagree. Anything that is mailed gets scanned and converted to PDF, it ends up taking wayyyyy longer (I found this out when I mailed something and it took several weeks to be attached). Just email and it will be added within a day.

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:28 pm

jaxangler wrote:
dp73816 wrote:

You are clearly the exception rather than the rule. Also the application fee is free. I feel that W&L is very organized, and their admissions office was head and shoulders above every other office I dealt with. I'm sorry you did not have a similar experience.
+1

klussy

Bronze

Post by klussy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:23 pm

jaxangler wrote:
dp73816 wrote:

+1 sorry dp, that does suck

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:39 pm

klussy wrote:
jaxangler wrote:
dp73816 wrote:

+1 sorry dp, that does suck

Though Im not looking for sympathy, I appreciate someone understanding my jaded opinion; I just do not see how you forget about someone who came to visit and called fairly often!

- other than the fact that my hard-numbers were fairly forgettable :cry: If I was a 170, I'm sure I would not be in this situation. But either way, good luck to all at W&L!

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 pm

nol607 wrote:
JOThompson wrote:

Sorry, but I definitely disagree. Anything that is mailed gets scanned and converted to PDF, it ends up taking wayyyyy longer (I found this out when I mailed something and it took several weeks to be attached). Just email and it will be added within a day.
You're trading expediency for safety at that point. I see the advantage of email but *if* you're worried about the letter being lost or ignored, then mail is probably best. If you know that the Mr. Twitty is responsive (he was a nice guy when I met him), then email is a win-win and my advice doesn't apply to the situation. For many uncommunicative admissions office, however, I'd be a more than a little worried about emailing an important LOCI.

nol607

Bronze

Post by nol607 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:55 am

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

JOThompson wrote:
nol607 wrote:
JOThompson wrote:

You're trading expediency for safety at that point. I see the advantage of email but *if* you're worried about the letter being lost or ignored, then mail is probably best. If you know that the Mr. Twitty is responsive (he was a nice guy when I met him), then email is a win-win and my advice doesn't apply to the situation. For many uncommunicative admissions office, however, I'd be a more than a little worried about emailing an important LOCI.
Do both.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 am

God, that's disgusting. These are the things that frighten me about moving back to the South. And that governor...Jesus Cristo! Smug entitled bastard.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Has anyone heard anything?

domeafavor

New

Post by domeafavor » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:58 pm

No, it's driving me crazy!

domeafavor

New

Post by domeafavor » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Nevermind, just got an offer of admission. I don't know what to do!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:27 pm

domeafavor wrote:Nevermind, just got an offer of admission. I don't know what to do!
Any scholarship $ with it?.... if you dont mind my asking...

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:32 pm

were you waitlisted?
How were you notified?
wHy so late?

Are you excited?

CONTRATS

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:50 pm

I got an email about how I might get an offer on Friday.

domeafavor

New

Post by domeafavor » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 pm

I was waitlisted March 2, they just e-mailed me today, no money, and they told me not to expect any, and I am SUPER EXCITED. But very anxious. My deposits at W&L and Illinois are due this Friday. Decisions! I guess I'm flying out tomorrow to check out W&L!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 pm

domeafavor wrote:I was waitlisted March 2, they just e-mailed me today, no money, and they told me not to expect any, and I am SUPER EXCITED. But very anxious. My deposits at W&L and Illinois are due this Friday. Decisions! I guess I'm flying out tomorrow to check out W&L!
Congratulations! It's a beautiful time of year in Lexington!

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Dang,
Congrats to all - amazing their is waitlist movement sooo soon!

xoxo
headybrah

krzyreeesh

New

Post by krzyreeesh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Based on both of your very high GPAs it looks like they're using the waitlist (at least for now) to up their GPA medians. Doesn't bode well for us splitters. Still, best of luck to both of you.

Congratulations on the offers!

Langfall

New

Post by Langfall » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey I have an interview with admis coming up. Any one have any pointers or can tell me how their's went? Thanks eh!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”