Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HERetICal

New

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by HERetICal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:[quote="HERetICal We can pray they have more taste than that. If that is gonna be the situation, then I'm soliciting donations. I'll bring a few kegs of homebrew.
Oh, I meant Cooley has Natty Light. W&L I expect to at least have Lager.[/quote]

I start to get the feeling that we'll be drinking more Yuengling than may be good for us.....

lawschool???

New

Post by lawschool??? » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:18 pm

So I assume 3/24 is the reject batch. Ugh!

Hodgy

Gold

Post by Hodgy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:19 pm

PDaddy wrote:I think all of the 3/24 decisions are WL (possibly rejects).

My numbers are reject numbers and I am a 3/24 decision. If it is a waitlist it would still be as final as a ding. Hope you're wrong though.

Bobalou

Bronze

Post by Bobalou » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Are all decisions mailed, or have some people gotten email acceptances?

skamike

New

Post by skamike » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm

So I'm lying in bed, opening up another letter from W&L. But before I get bummed that it isn't more scholarship money, I notice something with the paper.

If you hold it to the light, what I assume to be the school's coat of arms is embedded in the paper. I thought that was pretty cool

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

acoon624

New

Post by acoon624 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:37 pm

+1 as a 3/24 decision myself

lawschool???

New

Post by lawschool??? » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:43 pm

acoon624 wrote:

I hope they WL me as a 153 3.2. But I have to be realistic. I got rejected from William Mitchell so I know they wouldn't even WL me at WLU. Does anyone else think 3/24 is a rejection batch?

Sias

Bronze

Post by Sias » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:48 pm

lawschool??? wrote:
acoon624 wrote:

I hope they WL me as a 153 3.2. But I have to be realistic. I got rejected from William Mitchell so I know they wouldn't even WL me at WLU. Does anyone else think 3/24 is a rejection batch?
I'm 99% certain 3/24 is a rejection batch, yes

lawschool???

New

Post by lawschool??? » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Sias wrote:
lawschool??? wrote:
acoon624 wrote:

I'm 99% certain 3/24 is a rejection batch, yes
I agree. Some people on this forum still believe it's a WL batch but I know it's not. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:09 pm

I hope they WL me as a 153 3.2. But I have to be realistic. I got rejected from William Mitchell so I know they wouldn't even WL me at WLU. Does anyone else think 3/24 is a rejection batch?[/quote]

I'm 99% certain 3/24 is a rejection batch, yes[/quote]

I agree. Some people on this forum still believe it's a WL batch but I know it's not. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.[/quote]

It'll be absolutely unsurprising if I am rejected but how can you be so sure that they are all rejects?

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 pm

itzbouttime wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:
itzbouttime wrote:Dirty Martinis, Red Wine and Beer (Blue Moon, Guinness, Sierra Nevada, Yuengling) are my drinks of choice. :D
Those are four mighty different beers. I am not a Guinness person, but I love me some Blue Moon (or really any slightly fruity wheat beer).
Haha... I know. It depends on my mood, but whatever the range those are the ones I usually go for. I have a feeling that my fridge is going to be stacked with the essentials --> Wine, beer, red bull...haha...and the occasional food. :P
Haha those definitely are the essentials. Although I also like to have some of those big things of gatorade for the mornings after slightly overindulging in the first two. :)

And to who ever was talking about Guinness and hard cider-- isn't that called a snake bite? I have actually had a version of that except for instead of Guinness they used Harp. It was quite tasty.

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:04 pm

anyone get their mail today?

HERetICal

New

Post by HERetICal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:35 pm

itzbouttime wrote:
itzbouttime wrote:Dirty Martinis, Red Wine and Beer (Blue Moon, Guinness, Sierra Nevada, Yuengling) are my drinks of choice. :D
Those are four mighty different beers. I am not a Guinness person, but I love me some Blue Moon (or really any slightly fruity wheat beer).
Haha... I know. It depends on my mood, but whatever the range those are the ones I usually go for. I have a feeling that my fridge is going to be stacked with the essentials --> Wine, beer, red bull...haha...and the occasional food. :P
Haha those definitely are the essentials. Although I also like to have some of those big things of gatorade for the mornings after slightly overindulging in the first two. :)

And to who ever was talking about Guinness and hard cider-- isn't that called a snake bite? I have actually had a version of that except for instead of Guinness they used Harp. It was quite tasty.
Snakesbites are typically Cider and Lager with a shot of currant schnapps (or other dark berry liqueur for color...hence the name)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:34 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:And to who ever was talking about Guinness and hard cider-- isn't that called a snake bite? I have actually had a version of that except for instead of Guinness they used Harp. It was quite tasty.
I think the names can vary, but I've seen it called a Black Velvet (where the Guinness and cider are mixed) and a Black Adder (where the Guinness is floating on top of the cider).

Spaceman Spiff

Bronze

Post by Spaceman Spiff » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:39 pm

skamike wrote:So I'm lying in bed, opening up another letter from W&L. But before I get bummed that it isn't more scholarship money, I notice something with the paper.

If you hold it to the light, what I assume to be the school's coat of arms is embedded in the paper. I thought that was pretty cool
I checked this out when I got home from work today. Nice touch. I wanted to find out what the motto was, so I looked up the coat of arms. From the W&L website:

"Washington and Lee University's Coat of Arms, which is commonly called the crest, was created in 1901 by a chemistry professor, William George Brown, who made the symbol by quartering the Lee and Washington family arms. He used the Lee motto, "Non incautus futuri," and the Washington crest, the figure of the bird. Use of the Coat of Arms is limited to formal usage such as invitations and internal decorative applications. It should not be used in combination with the Wordmark or other University symbols and is not used on stationery, business cards, Web sites, or brochures. It should always be printed in four colors at the highest possible reproduction."

Interestingly, this use violates two rules about the use of the coat of arms.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Really? This batch is reject? With a 161/3.2 I thought I was headed for a WL that I'll never get off.

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 am

Everyone who is attending and hasn't joined the facebook group yet-- here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 375&ref=ts

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:40 am

HERetICal wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:[quote="HERetICal We can pray they have more taste than that. If that is gonna be the situation, then I'm soliciting donations. I'll bring a few kegs of homebrew.
Oh, I meant Cooley has Natty Light. W&L I expect to at least have Lager.
I start to get the feeling that we'll be drinking more Yuengling than may be good for us.....[/quote]

I'm cool with that. Until you make the General Brew in your bathtub, that is.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:06 am

I just looked at the weather forecast for Lexington this weekend... It's supposed to be gorgeous!! Close to 80!!!

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:24 am

Has any 3/24-ers heard? This late in the game, I feel like every batch will be a mixed one, though with far more rejections/waitlists than acceptances. Still, I don't think there's reason to believe every 3/24er will be a rejection.

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 am

prelaw10 wrote:Has any 3/24-ers heard? This late in the game, I feel like every batch will be a mixed one, though with far more rejections/waitlists than acceptances. Still, I don't think there's reason to believe every 3/24er will be a rejection.

Seriously...anybody get their mail yet?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Haven't gotten my mail yet, and I'm probably the closest of everyone (1 hour). I don't think my mail came for today yet, so I'll be on the look out.

FUMAgrad05

New

Post by FUMAgrad05 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:57 pm

18 days til the new rankings! I'm hoping for a favorable jump for W&L, but with all the concern over the third year, I would still be very happy if we just manage not to drop at all. I think it's close enough to start playing this game haha...Any thoughts or predictions? I'm hoping to get back up to being equal to or ahead of GWU and W&M and maybe seeing some of the previously lower ranked schools like IU-B, BC, Iowa, Alabama, etc. drop behind us. Hopefully there will be a credible leak sometime soon! I'm thinking that regardless of this years ranking, next year we will definitely get a boost because of the free application this cycle boosting selectivity, or did they also do this last cycle as well?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I can't wait for the new rankings either! I'm SO interested in comparing the ratings with the old ones. It could influence my decision a lot, even though it's just a yearly thing.

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but does anyone know when we're supposed to receive our loan packages? Or has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”