Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:39 am

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

I think it's on Jefferson between Washington and Nelson. It's Chinese/Japanese combo, though. I'm always wary of those. I want Thai! Guess I'll have to get to cookin'...


I am disturbed by Lex's lack of thai as well, and attempted to make my own thai dish the other day. That was a mistake. lol


Well, my mom's Thai and I plan on getting some cooking tips from her because I'll die without Thai food. I will have a Thai banquet and send out invites.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jmhendri » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Yay for Thai banquets!!! Do you think the local Wal Mart will carry yellow curry, pad thai noodles, or fresh shrimp though?

And I concur with the suspicion of Chinese/Japanese combo joints... that makes no kinda sense.

cpboy77
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby cpboy77 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Is anyone who has committed to W&L interested in housing? I'm thinking of renting this gorgeous house but would need a roommate to go in on it with me. It's a few miles outside of campus, but is on a creek, has a big yard and is just all around spectacular. Your rent would be around $400.

PM me if you're interested.

User avatar
HERetICal
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby HERetICal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Has anyone here been able to pay the deposit via paypal? I have tried numerous times and it has not been working for me.



I paid the whole deposit, but I had to do it in two installments. Call Twitty if you're having difficulty.

User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:36 pm

jmhendri wrote:Yay for Thai banquets!!! Do you think the local Wal Mart will carry yellow curry, pad thai noodles, or fresh shrimp though?

And I concur with the suspicion of Chinese/Japanese combo joints... that makes no kinda sense.



I was actually thinking about stocking up on Thai ingredients before I left. The curry pastes can be frozen and there are some places that sell frozen lemongrass and galangal. I'm sure there some places online I can buy stuff, too. Damn, I guess I better sharpen my skills.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby NYVA311 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Decision Mailed 3/24! Finally! Anyone else?

User avatar
HERetICal
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby HERetICal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Anyone check out the only sushi joint in town? I think when I visit for ASW I'm going to have to give it a try , either Friday or Sunday. It would be very difficult for me to commit knowing that I'll have to live without raw fish for that long.

I heard it's expensive but really good.


I heard it was decent for a non-urban area. If anyone is missing sushi, there a few decent places in Roanoke and Blacksburg (bout 40 minutes and an hour away, respectively), though none will compare with driving to a D.C. or another comparable location.

Sias
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Sias » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm

NYVA311 wrote:Decision Mailed 3/24! Finally! Anyone else?


Yep, decision letter mailed 3/24

Hopefully good news

User avatar
HERetICal
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby HERetICal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

I think it's on Jefferson between Washington and Nelson. It's Chinese/Japanese combo, though. I'm always wary of those. I want Thai! Guess I'll have to get to cookin'...


I am disturbed by Lex's lack of thai as well, and attempted to make my own thai dish the other day. That was a mistake. lol


Well, my mom's Thai and I plan on getting some cooking tips from her because I'll die without Thai food. I will have a Thai banquet and send out invites.



I can also cook Thai food, and I have a fairly good track record with my dishes. Maybe a potluck culture night?

Danger
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Danger » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Same. Decision mailed today. I am pretty sure its a rejection in my case, so hopefully it is not the same for everyone. Good luck everyone!

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby NYVA311 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:47 pm

They have been coming in batches, so it's likely that we're all getting rejected haha.

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby b.j. » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:49 pm

NYVA311 wrote:They have been coming in batches, so it's likely that we're all getting rejected haha.


Does your status checker indicate that a decision has been made? Mine doesn't.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby NYVA311 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Mail Description Mailing Date
Letter of Decision Mailed 03/24/2010

Under mailings. My status says Complete 2/28.

User avatar
whatchootalkinbout
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:53 pm

HERetICal wrote:
whatchootalkinbout wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Anyone check out the only sushi joint in town? I think when I visit for ASW I'm going to have to give it a try , either Friday or Sunday. It would be very difficult for me to commit knowing that I'll have to live without raw fish for that long.

I heard it's expensive but really good.


I heard it was decent for a non-urban area. If anyone is missing sushi, there a few decent places in Roanoke and Blacksburg (bout 40 minutes and an hour away, respectively), though none will compare with driving to a D.C. or another comparable location.

There is also Charlottesville (about an hour away) which has plenty of sushi places and Thai restaurants (Lemongrass and Downtown Thai are amazing).

kevin261186
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby kevin261186 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Decision letter mailed 3-24-10 woohoo. finally

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby NYVA311 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 pm

What numbers are the 3/24 crew working with? I'm mid 150's LSAT/3.6-3.7 GPA.

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Panther7 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

NYVA311 wrote:What numbers are the 3/24 crew working with? I'm mid 150's LSAT/3.6-3.7 GPA.


i think you just crushed their hopes of it being accepts...

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby b.j. » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Panther7 wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:What numbers are the 3/24 crew working with? I'm mid 150's LSAT/3.6-3.7 GPA.


i think you just crushed their hopes of it being accepts...


What if we still haven't had our status updated? :wink:

kevin261186
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby kevin261186 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:08 pm

157 LSAT, 3.7 GPA, interesting story...haha, NO CHANCE.

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby b.j. » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 pm

kevin261186 wrote:157 LSAT, 3.7 GPA, interesting story...haha, NO CHANCE.



Um, you are not making me very confident about my own chances. :(

User avatar
Modian
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Modian » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Letter mailed 3/24, sub-3.0, 164. Yep, reject batch:(

Sias
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Sias » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 pm

haha, might as well add to it:

Mailed 3/24
162, sub 3.0

Was fun W&L

User avatar
GordonBombay
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby GordonBombay » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Funny you mention Thai. When we were asking for the best/ closest restaurants in various categories, the nearest Thai restaurant was where I went to undergrad...not close.

Also everyone I talked to when i was out went out of their way to talk to me, introduce me their friends, and answer any questions I had/ explain to me why I should go there. I like to pretend I'm Jesus Shuttlesworth on a recruiting trip. It makes campus visits more fun.

User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm

HERetICal wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

I think it's on Jefferson between Washington and Nelson. It's Chinese/Japanese combo, though. I'm always wary of those. I want Thai! Guess I'll have to get to cookin'...


I am disturbed by Lex's lack of thai as well, and attempted to make my own thai dish the other day. That was a mistake. lol


Well, my mom's Thai and I plan on getting some cooking tips from her because I'll die without Thai food. I will have a Thai banquet and send out invites.



I can also cook Thai food, and I have a fairly good track record with my dishes. Maybe a potluck culture night?


You're on! My husband can also make Jamaican food. Actually, he's a better cook than me.

raoul79
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby raoul79 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:05 pm

b.j. wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:What numbers are the 3/24 crew working with? I'm mid 150's LSAT/3.6-3.7 GPA.


i think you just crushed their hopes of it being accepts...


What if we still haven't had our status updated? :wink:



For all of you who had decisions today, did your status change? Mine did...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”