Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mardou

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Mardou » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Did anyone else's status update to complete again today? I was complete 2/17, 3/8, and now 3/15.

stayway

Postby stayway » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Mardou wrote:Did anyone else's status update to complete again today? I was complete 2/17, 3/8, and now 3/15.

3/14 here

wswalt

Postby wswalt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Mine changed to 3/14.

gogo

Postby gogo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:05 pm

does anyone know how many people W&L keeps on their waitlist?

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Panther7 wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:
jaxangler wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:Is anybody driving to the March 19 Washington and Lee admitted student day? What about from the Richmond airport to Lexington? I'm considering driving from the Midwest, because tickets into Roanoke are prohibitively expensive.

I just wanted to make sure that you know W&L will reimburse up to 300 dollars of travel costs if you are willing to share a hotel room that they also provide, 200 if you want your own room.

I do, but airfare to Roanoke is very, very expensive. If I drive, it'd be more entertaining to do it with someone else.

i'm flying from the midwest, sorry.

wasn't too expensive on travelocity as long as you were willing to take the early morning flights.

Where are you flying out of and what'd you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Bobalou

Postby Bobalou » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Still at 1/27...

southerngrace

Postby southerngrace » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:10 pm

gogo wrote:does anyone know how many people W&L keeps on their waitlist?

I have been wondering that as well ... if you look at LSN, there are lot this cycle since that last WL batch went out last week.

Hodgy

Postby Hodgy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Mine changed to 3/14. I have sub-par numbers for W&L however, 3.35 and a 159, so I expect it'll be a rejection letter. Does anyone know if they update the page to indicate that a letter has been mailed? Or does the letter just appear in the mailbox?

gogo

Postby gogo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Hodgy wrote:Mine changed to 3/14. I have sub-par numbers for W&L however, 3.35 and a 159, so I expect it'll be a rejection letter. Does anyone know if they update the page to indicate that a letter has been mailed? Or does the letter just appear in the mailbox?

They do update the "mailings section." For example, on 3/11 a new notification popped up under mailings that stated a letter of decision had been mailed. The next day, however, I got an email stating that a letter was on its way placing me on the waitlist. So they basically tell you what the letter says before you get it.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

lawschooliseasy wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
i'm flying from the midwest, sorry.

wasn't too expensive on travelocity as long as you were willing to take the early morning flights.

Where are you flying out of and what'd you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

green bay to detroit to roanoke

roanoke to chicago to green bay

cost me 386 or something like that, and W&L covers 300 of that.

I did choose to fly out on a 6:20 am flight and could have kept it under 300 but didn't want a return flight that early. I decided to pony up a hundred so i could stay until later on sunday and see some more of the town.

law_lover

Postby law_lover » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:02 pm

How does the reimbursement for the visit work if I am driving? Do I need to show toll receipts, miles driven, etc.?

Thanks.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:09 pm

law_lover wrote:How does the reimbursement for the visit work if I am driving? Do I need to show toll receipts, miles driven, etc.?

Thanks.

i dunno exactly, i would just record it on a trip odometer. maybe mail in a mapquest milage statement?

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Panther7 wrote:
law_lover wrote:How does the reimbursement for the visit work if I am driving? Do I need to show toll receipts, miles driven, etc.?

Thanks.

i dunno exactly, i would just record it on a trip odometer. maybe mail in a mapquest milage statement?

I would get copies of toll receipts if you want to be reimbursed for any tolls you pay.

algren

Postby algren » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:18 pm

gogo wrote:
Hodgy wrote:Mine changed to 3/14. I have sub-par numbers for W&L however, 3.35 and a 159, so I expect it'll be a rejection letter. Does anyone know if they update the page to indicate that a letter has been mailed? Or does the letter just appear in the mailbox?

They do update the "mailings section." For example, on 3/11 a new notification popped up under mailings that stated a letter of decision had been mailed. The next day, however, I got an email stating that a letter was on its way placing me on the waitlist. So they basically tell you what the letter says before you get it.

This was also my experience.

UFLS2013

Postby UFLS2013 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 am

UNC vs. W&L????

DNAgent

Postby DNAgent » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 am

UFLS2013 wrote:UNC vs. W&L????

Well, W&L has a much better basketball team...

tkicker182

Postby tkicker182 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:37 am

just got 24k/yr scholly via snail mail... W&L just moved way up the list...

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 am

I'm starting to get annoyed with w&l; complete for over 4 months. I have deposit deadlines in two weeks!

mountaintime

Postby mountaintime » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 pm

tkicker182 wrote:just got 24k/yr scholly via snail mail... W&L just moved way up the list...

congrats. when was your acceptance letter dated?

tkicker182

Postby tkicker182 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm

mountaintime wrote:
tkicker182 wrote:just got 24k/yr scholly via snail mail... W&L just moved way up the list...

The acceptance letter was postmarked on 3/5 and the scholly letter was postmarked 3/12.

mountaintime

Postby mountaintime » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:28 pm

tkicker182 wrote:
mountaintime wrote:

The acceptance letter was postmarked on 3/5 and the scholly letter was postmarked 3/12.

damn, it seems like i'm being skipped over.

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:32 pm

I called W&L to see if I could get more scholarship money than I was originally awarded.

Summary:
-There is no formal appeals process.
-The amount offered was the best they could do.
-They don't have the same budget as other schools.
-There are many factors I should take into consideration, such as the above, but also what each school has to offer.

Basically, I can no longer keep W&L in the running. Honestly, I'm disappointed. Back in October, W&L was one of my top choices, and the school is not really trying to keep me. At first, I was thrilled with the money, but then I was offended by the amount offered when I saw that people with comparable numbers received more money.

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Burberry by Burberry wrote:I called W&L to see if I could get more scholarship money than I was originally awarded.

Summary:
-There are many factors I should take into consideration, such as the above, but also what each school has to offer.

Basically, I can no longer keep W&L in the running. Honestly, I'm disappointed. Back in October, W&L was one of my top choices, and the school is not really trying to keep me. At first, I was thrilled with the money, but then I was offended by the amount offered when I saw that people with comparable numbers received more money.

What? They didn't give you enough to keep you in your expensive clothing? You sound pretty high maintenance? Maybe you should just skip law school altogether and find yourself a sugar daddy?

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:I called W&L to see if I could get more scholarship money than I was originally awarded.

Summary:

What? They didn't give you enough to keep you in your expensive clothing? You sound pretty high maintenance? Maybe you should just skip law school altogether and find yourself a sugar daddy?

:shock: :lol: :roll:

HERetICal

Postby HERetICal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Summary:

I agree. I'm in the same boat. I heard from admissions that they "might allocate more money to students with scholarships AFTER the 1st seat deposit is paid." Sound like pay to play to anyone?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”