Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby akili » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm

I still have not received my inevitable W/L from 3/2! Geez!

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby eandy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Why are some people getting emails and others not? Do they like the email people more?

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby gogo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:03 pm

akili wrote:I still have not received my inevitable W/L from 3/2! Geez!


i thought i was going to be in that 3/2 batch too b/c my status updated on 3/2, but when i checked today i noticed i had a notification mailed dated 3/11...maybe you are in a different batch as well?

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Thunder Jones » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Any idea of how the decide their waitlist? They say it's unranked (?)

It looks like if you're interested and W/Led then they want you to come to the waitlister weekend.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby eandy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:06 pm

gogo wrote:
akili wrote:I still have not received my inevitable W/L from 3/2! Geez!


i thought i was going to be in that 3/2 batch too b/c my status updated on 3/2, but when i checked today i noticed i had a notification mailed dated 3/11...maybe you are in a different batch as well?


Well, unless my status changes tonight, which would be odd, this would mean that the status change dates(going complete more than once) are not batches. I went complete (again) on 3/2.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I will be at the Wler weekend.

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby gogo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 pm

eandy wrote:
gogo wrote:
akili wrote:I still have not received my inevitable W/L from 3/2! Geez!


i thought i was going to be in that 3/2 batch too b/c my status updated on 3/2, but when i checked today i noticed i had a notification mailed dated 3/11...maybe you are in a different batch as well?


Well, unless my status changes tonight, which would be odd, this would mean that the status change dates(going complete more than once) are not batches. I went complete (again) on 3/2.


did you check the mailings sections on the left hand side? my status still says complete 3/2 (again), but the letter mailing showed up on the left side

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby eandy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm

gogo wrote:
eandy wrote:
gogo wrote:
akili wrote:I still have not received my inevitable W/L from 3/2! Geez!


i thought i was going to be in that 3/2 batch too b/c my status updated on 3/2, but when i checked today i noticed i had a notification mailed dated 3/11...maybe you are in a different batch as well?


Well, unless my status changes tonight, which would be odd, this would mean that the status change dates(going complete more than once) are not batches. I went complete (again) on 3/2.


did you check the mailings sections on the left hand side? my status still says complete 3/2 (again), but the letter mailing showed up on the left side

Oh crap, you're right. I feel a WL on it's way! Glad to get it over with, though.

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby gogo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 pm

I still have not received my inevitable W/L from 3/2! Geez![/quote]

i thought i was going to be in that 3/2 batch too b/c my status updated on 3/2, but when i checked today i noticed i had a notification mailed dated 3/11...maybe you are in a different batch as well?[/quote]

Well, unless my status changes tonight, which would be odd, this would mean that the status change dates(going complete more than once) are not batches. I went complete (again) on 3/2.[/quote]

did you check the mailings sections on the left hand side? my status still says complete 3/2 (again), but the letter mailing showed up on the left side[/quote]
Oh crap, you're right. I feel a WL on it's way! Glad to get it over with, though.[/quote]

me too. i'm tired of waiting! was your letter dated today? i couldn't tell from previous posts if letters dated 3/2 were WLs or if status updates complete (again) 3/2 were WLs

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby eandy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 pm

me too. i'm tired of waiting! was your letter dated today? i couldn't tell from previous posts if letters dated 3/2 were WLs or if status updates complete (again) 3/2 were WLs

Letter was mailed today 3/11 .I was complete 1/29 and 3/2. My official status still says "complete 3/2".

Edit: trying to fix a quote disaster
Last edited by eandy on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nol607
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby nol607 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Wow, I just saw that. So, speculation of course, are we all waitlisted?

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby eandy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:32 pm

nol607 wrote:Wow, I just saw that. So, speculation of course, are we all waitlisted?

My numbers are low 3.6/164 so I think so. I like to think that I'm special, and my numbers don't matter, but we all know that is not how it works. This batch is probably waitlist :(

nol607
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby nol607 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah I have the same affliction. I think I'm really special and then the inevitable rejection always comes.

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Panther7 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:41 pm

anyone flying in early on friday? I'm going to getting there like 5-6 hours before the friday thingie, anyone wanna hang out in town?

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby gogo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:41 pm

eandy wrote:
nol607 wrote:Wow, I just saw that. So, speculation of course, are we all waitlisted?

My numbers are low 3.6/164 so I think so. I like to think that I'm special, and my numbers don't matter, but we all know that is not how it works. This batch is probably waitlist :(


mine are the same...

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby NYVA311 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Ding via e-mail and another wait list batch sent out? They honestly must have lost my application. I'd say I have a 25% chance of being wait listed, 75% chance of being dinged - complete probably way before everyone receiving decisions right now. Ridiculously frustrating.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby forty-two » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 pm

nvm

User avatar
Maillot Jaune
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Maillot Jaune » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm

I roll into Lex on Friday about mid-day as well. I am down to meetup (PM me).
I lean underlining our given names on our name tags.

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 pm

umm... *ahem*....

am i the only person bringing their mom to ASD?

>.>

<.<

User avatar
GordonBombay
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby GordonBombay » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Scholarship letter in the mail today! Still hope for anyone waiting on that front

As a "displaced Virginian" in NY targeting DC after grad im thrilled about W and L

Also, a deadline applier. We have the whole "im not gonna get in anywhere and have to wait a year" complex.

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dp73816 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Still waiting...I went complete 10/26...wtf

User avatar
jaxangler
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jaxangler » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 pm

I'll be in town around 1-2 on Friday as well. Meeting up with a friend who is a 3L. Not sure what we are up to, but I'm more than likely down to meet up.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dk8 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm

GordonBombay wrote:Scholarship letter in the mail today! Still hope for anyone waiting on that front

As a "displaced Virginian" in NY targeting DC after grad im thrilled about W and L

Also, a deadline applier. We have the whole "im not gonna get in anywhere and have to wait a year" complex.


nice. i applied on the deadline as well and got accepted pretty quickly afterward. how'd you find out about the scholly letter?

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Panther7 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 pm

bryntax wrote:umm... *ahem*....

am i the only person bringing their mom to ASD?

>.>

<.<



It's cool, your mom can chill with us.

User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Getting in around 8 or so Friday. Would be up for whatever afterward. Particularly if Saturday's already planned out for us.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, BobBoblaw, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lawlaura3494, liuwenyu, Long shot hero, MSNbot Media, proteinshake, ReadyToStart, sonyco, SweetTort and 19 guests